Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 salut

THANKS FOR PROMPT REPLY ,DO I HAVE TO PHYSICALY WRITE MY SIGNITURE AND DATE OR CAN I JUST IT TYPE IT ON THE COMPUTER AND SEND IT

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hit_killer

got the audio done, my hearing is normal, 100 euros just to tell me that :mad:, have the medical tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lozzy23

hit killer that is outrageous it cost me 50 quid yesterday and i thought it was pricey the medical is charged to the IPS i hope you definitly got a receipt for that, cause some1 seen you coming, have you your clearance sent in? hopefully the physical will be soon enough to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

salut wrote: »
    THANKS FOR PROMPT REPLY ,DO I HAVE TO PHYSICALY WRITE MY SIGNITURE AND DATE OR CAN I JUST IT TYPE IT ON THE COMPUTER AND SEND IT

yes your signiture always has to be signed by hand.

lozzy23 wrote: »
    hit killer that is outrageous it cost me 50 quid yesterday and i thought it was pricey the medical is charged to the IPS i hope you definitly got a receipt for that, cause some1 seen you coming, have you your clearance sent in? hopefully the physical will be soon enough to

Does the IPS also pay for the Hearing test or is that at our own expense?and so you pay for the medical and get it back from the IPS or do they just pay for it?
    Does anyone know what the medical entails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 salut

hI hitkiller,who does the audio test,is it done by a high street audiooligist or the prison medical team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ebear24

cob655 wrote: »
    Does the IPS also pay for the Hearing test or is that at our own expense?and so you pay for the medical and get it back from the IPS or do they just pay for it?
    Does anyone know what the medical entails?

Hi Cob, The audiogram is at our own expense. When I rang the doctors to book my appointment the receptionist told me that the dept of justice pays the medical so I just presume the doc contacts them for payment. Also have you received the booklet that you bring to the doctors with you?? It seems fairly straight forward. Like BMI, blood presure etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Hi,
    The Audio test is at your own expense.
    The Doctor fills out your forms and then sends it in to the IPS medical crew.
    For those of you that are called back for physical test,
    Practice, Practice,Practice The Shuttle Runs..

If you are worried about the weights, then a visit to the gym might also be worth investing in...If you weight say 50kg or more than the weight you are required to lift, Then do pushups, and this will be help towards to your training...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

hit_killer wrote: »
    got the audio done, my hearing is normal, 100 euros just to tell me that :mad:, have the medical tomorrow.

you were robbed man 30 euro in <mod snip> co dublin.

tommy57 wrote: »
    you were robbed man 30 euro in <mod snip> co dublin.

Cashing in on potential prison officers!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Hi Lozzy, I still have the receipt but the audio exam is at our own "very" expense :mad:...I sent my security clearance in last Friday so they should well have got it by now, heading during my lunchbreak to do my medical, hopefully all goes well, given my high BMI I reckon I'd have to do that chester step test, see how it goes. :)

As expected, my BMi is 33.6, Doc told me not to worry as it is mostly lean mass, and everything else is fine, probably just delay me in doing the physical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I was just told to get the audiogram and the medical within two weeks of recieving my letter, but it isn't particularly clear on what to do after that.

I was just told to get the audiogram and the medical within two weeks of recieving my letter, but it isn't particularly clear on what to do after that.

Get your audio sorted first, then bring the audio exam result to the doctor, then he'll do an NCT on you, and if he's happy and all is well he'll send off the forms to the Chief Med officer, and if you havent already, work on your shuttle runs. :D

got my audio done today,€70!but dont really care as he told my my hearing is normal.have to wait till mon to get the medical done as the doc is busy.other than that all is looking well.just have te to get back to the gym as its 3 months since i last played gaelic....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Can somebody elaborate on the shuttle runs please, a detailed description will do! Thanks.

Just got the audiogram done.

Ninety bloody euro.
    What a bloody scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

hi guys

is there anywhere on the northside of dublin that is elegible for the testing of the hearing ??
    and

the same for the docs ?? i scuba dive 4 times a week and i passed my fitness for that -- wonder will that help me ??

Yes one of the places that will do the audiogram is <mod snip>
    Were you not given a list of these with your letter?

How long d'yall reckon we'll be waiting to hear the results of our medical and security clearance?

Well, I got a letter saying that I have to do a chester step test on the 26th of this month, they must be really pushing it this time around because that letter for the medical examiner was only posted last Friday.

• Advertisement

hit_killer wrote: »
    Well, I got a letter saying that I have to do a chester step test on the 26th of this month, they must be really pushing it this time around because that letter for the medical examiner was only posted last Friday.

Seriously?

I'm surprised at how quick this has come about.

It's a stark contrast to the reports here that lads have been waiting years since their medical.

Seriously?

I'm surprised at how quick this has come about.

It's a stark contrast to the reports here that lads have been waiting years since their medical.

My thoughts exactly, we may not be waiting all that long for the physical AND, if all goes well, our starting date in Beladd.

but did it not say on our forms that they intended to do the physical last week of november first week of december heard that we should be in fairly soon from a fairly reliable source pending on the garda clearance of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alan7

Hey there, i came 521 in the appitude test in 2008 and still havent been called for an interview, i was on public jobs and there was a supplementry form and it said if it wasnt filled out and sent back to them by 10th nov theyed take it that not intrested in the job, was that for every one or just for people who got called back for the interview, anyone any ideas be greatfull, cheers

alan7 wrote: »
    Hey there, i came 521 in the appitude test in 2008 and still havent been called for an interview, i was on public jobs and there was a supplementry form and it said if it wasnt filled out and sent back to them by 10th nov theyed take it that not intrested in the job, was that for every one or just for people who got called back for the interview, anyone any ideas be greatfull, cheers

Its just for those who have been contacted via post or phonecall to attend their interviews. Sit tight.

anyone hear anything bout pct yet?loads a rumours going around but nothing definit yet

anyone hear anything bout pct yet?loads a rumours going around but nothing definit yet

Rumour has it they're interviewing the next batch at the moment, maybe when the're all done the pct will commence.

yes but i've heard other stories like 80 supposed to be starting in ballad on dec 1st and things like that, anyone know if there garda clearance has come back yet?.

yes but i've heard other stories like 80 supposed to be starting in ballad on dec 1st and things like that, anyone know if there garda clearance has come back yet?.

Haven't heard anything like that at all, I'd reckon they wouldn't begin any classes this side of Christmas, but I could be wrong. I do believe that they are processing the Gardai clearance a bit quicker than normal though, and you are right in one of your previous posts it did say on our forms that the IPS are hoping to commence the pct at the end of this month beginning of next.

I've to do that chester step text next week, hopefully it won't delay me in doing my PCT. Another thing as well is I must give a months notice to my job, I have heard that its possible to recieve a phone call on a Friday to start Monday. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macroman29

I'm in the 360-480 Gp had interview last week. There are different stories floating around like class of 80 starting in nov and 80 in jan. God knows whats happening with the imf and ecb if the croke park agreement is scrapped i'd say the IPS will loose a lot of personnel.

Advertisement