Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

cob655 wrote: »
    During your training can you put a request in for what prison you would like?if so what are the easiest to get to coming from the M1?

Hi Cob, AFAIK coming towards your training you will fill out a form to say which prison(s) you prefer to be sent to. But really its the cook of the draw!!

PS - im not sure about which is closer to the M1

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

If you're closer to the M1 then Mountjoy or Pats. If you get sent to Cloverhill or Wheatfield its only another 15 mins from the Airport using the M50. Tolls mount up though. Bring on Thornton Hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

One day left for my clearance to come through.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

cob655 wrote: »
    During your training can you put a request in for what prison you would like?if so what are the easiest to get to coming from the M1?

You are asked which of the four Dublin prisons, in order of preference, you would like to be placed in.
    AFAIK, everybody has to begin their career in Dublin.

That's cos there's a transfer list to every corrner of the country. And no matter how important you think your case should result in you getting a transfer home before everybody else on the list .... Be prepared to wait. Transfers are on seniority. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭cob655

480905 wrote: »
    That's cos there's a transfer list to every corrner of the country. And no matter how important you think your case should result in you getting a transfer home before everybody else on the list .... Be prepared to wait. Transfers are on seniority. Simple as that.

and rightly so.

One day left for my clearance to come through.:(

Any luck with the clearance??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

i have done interview ad just waitin on pct any one know when the next class i s starten

Any luck with the clearance??
    Unfortunately no. I was told to ring back during the week and they'll let me know what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

Rawhead wrote: »
    To all future recruits, keep an eye out for lads like bitter there. He will be the one hanging around the lives table, 5 stone overweight with a fag hanging from the side of his gob. He will not apply for any promotion or panels but will begrudge any officer who does and call him a c##ksucker. He will no doubt have aspirations for himself but won't make the effort to apply for anything because the other heroes around the lives table will slag him. The thing that really annoys him the most is that he believes that he is a brilliant officer and would make a cracking chief if only they would come to him and ask him to do be chief, but they won't and so he is left standing in the yard getting more and more bitter and the next thing he knows he has his 30 years done.
    lol that gave me a good laugh. how very accurate!

no seriously thats so wrong its not even funny. ah i have to give you credit though. its very insightful :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

lol that gave me a good laugh. how very accurate!

no seriously thats so wrong its not even funny. ah i have to give you credit though. its very insightful :D

Isn't Bitter a Sheeser?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

uachtar99 wrote: »
    Isn't Bitter a Sheeser?

Just replace Chief with Matron and we are back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

Rawhead wrote: »
    Just replace Chief with Matron and we are back on track.

Mwahahahaha! :D

ha ha :D
    bitches!

Unfortunately no. I was told to ring back during the week and they'll let me know what happens next.

Things not happening this time for you. But if it's for you it won't pass you by. I'll nose around and see if any more classes are scheduled. The rumour mill is rife as usual but nothing concrete.

How many started in Belaad today? How did ye get on?

Things not happening this time for you. But if it's for you it won't pass you by. I'll nose around and see if any more classes are scheduled. The rumour mill is rife as usual but nothing concrete.
    Was told by HR today that they are not going to set a date for the next class until all the remaining vetting is done. Makes sense I suppose.

Was told by HR today that they are not going to set a date for the next class until all the remaining vetting is done. Makes sense I suppose.
    that makes sense. i think they got a bit of a shock a little while ago and are actually doing the vetting properly now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andye21

To anyone thinking of going for the job this describes it to a t

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F%3Fgl%3DIE%26hl%3Den-GB&hl=en-GB&gl=IE#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=Pfm_upp_c40

Cheer
    Andy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Looks like a bad link there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I'm guessing it's the vid from a couple of pages back

Great video that :):):):)

psni wrote: »
    Looks like a bad link there?

And the account was registered to make that one, and only post.
    Fantastic stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Well the account was registered in 2008 so if what you're saying is true, he waited a while!

Bizzare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andye21

Sorry the post doesn't work but I'm using an iPhone and it works perfect.
    If you go to YouTube and put in ( so you want to be a co) this describe the job to a t.

As for been a registered since 2008 and that been my first post I only ever used adverts and only looked at boards a couple of times.after reading some of the posts on this topic I tough I'd ad my two pence worth.

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Can one of the people who started a few weeks ago confirm or deny that their take-home for 2 weeks is only around 780???

andye21 wrote:
    As for been a registered since 2008 and that been my first post I only ever used adverts and only looked at boards a couple of times.after reading some of the posts on this topic I tough I'd ad my two pence worth.
    Ah don't mind me Andy, I'm just cynical in my old age.
    Can one of the people who started a few weeks ago confirm or deny that their take-home for 2 weeks is only around 780???

Can neither confirm or deny it.
    Might not be up for discussion on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

you can pm if you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Are they still not advising recruits in beladd to stay off public forums ?

Advertisement