Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

martingore wrote: »
    Are they still not advising recruits in beladd to stay off public forums ?

Maybe advising wouldn't be the word, instructed would probably be a better word. Not to discuss anything to do with the training or such sensitive info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 to.be.or.not.

Hi lads thinking of going for the prison service and just wondering what is the best prison to work in and do you have a choice?
    Whats the money like?dont say green,,,,:D
    i seen a video a good few pages back is this in any way like the job you do?

would you recommend the job or would you stay well clear of it.im currently working as a shop assisstant in a retail outlet.ive been out of school 10 years now and dont know if id be able for the paperwork invovled,also what prisons do you work in and is cork an easy place to get stationed in?

sorry about all the questions but if you dont ask you dont know.

thanks
    mary...........(to.be.or.no)

The job is good . The money was great but now it's ****e. I'd hate to be starting off again. When you join you'll be in Dublin after training. Cork is 7+ years for transfer at the moment . Limerick much better at 4 years now. All your questions have been answered at some stage in the forum. Read back thru it and you'll pick up some good info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

martingore wrote: »
    Are they still not advising recruits in beladd to stay off public forums ?

And what do you do Martin?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

does anyone know when the next pct is going to be or when the next class is startn thanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

slim1919 wrote: »
    does anyone know when the next pct is going to be or when the next class is startn thanx
    There is no date set for the next class. Don't know about the pct.

thanx man just have a pain in me b with all the waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

And what do you do Martin?

Just wondering Dingdong,what prison are you going to for your familiarisation and what jail are you looking to be posted in when you're finished training????

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Just wondering Dingdong,what prison are you going to for your familiarisation and what jail are you looking to be posted in when you're finished training????

I'd be interested to know the answer to this too...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Chances are we will all know him in a few months or at least we'll know his nickname, I can see it being jail legendary.
    You can just guarantee that he will stand out and do something stupid.
    Prove me wrong Senor......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

Oh Senor, I think she fancies you....... :p

Senordingdong gone very quiet all of a sudden......not like him....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Why? What's it to you?
    What prison are you based in?
    Rawhead wrote:
    Chances are we will all know him in a few months or at least we'll know his nickname, I can see it being jail legendary.
    You can just guarantee that he will stand out and do something stupid.
    And you're basing this on....?
    480905 wrote:
    Senordingdong gone very quiet all of a sudden......not like him....
    Yeah....haven't been online in a while. You got me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

Why? What's it to you?
    What prison are you based in?

Just so I know to steer clear of you and the trouble you're going to get yourself (and other officers) into with you're negative attitude,don't think I've ever come accross such a negative attitude but then again maybe you're just brave at typing and hiding behind a keyboard and hopefully you have the cop-on to keep your thoughts to yourself and trap shut when dealing with prisoners,just to maintain the safety of your colleagues.

Just so I know to steer clear of you and the trouble you're going to get yourself (and other officers) into with you're negative attitude,don't think I've ever come accross such a negative attitude but then again maybe you're just brave at typing and hiding behind a keyboard and hopefully you have the cop-on to keep your thoughts to yourself and trap shut when dealing with prisoners,just to maintain the safety of your colleagues.

What makes you think I'm going to get into trouble?
    Where did you get the idea that I had a negative attitude?

What makes you think I'm going to get into trouble?

You have a tendency to keep talking when you shouldn't ergo you will probably pass a comment or say something completely at the wrong time and hence get into trouble. They ALWAYS get into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

480905 wrote: »
    You have a tendency to keep talking when you shouldn't ergo you will probably pass a comment or say something completely at the wrong time and hence get into trouble. They ALWAYS get into trouble.
    in fairness now i know i am a bitter **** (boo to bitter lemon :rolleyes:) but i'm looking to my positive side here. theory and real life are two different things. they are taught things in training that are not in reality practical. i don't think anyone can teach you how to do this job. its something you can only learn through trial and error.
    the mickey mouse acos and chiefs in beladd house have a lot to answer for! don't you know they are breeding a new calibre of recruit. sure they go to college and all! they can spell and stuff!

Can one of the people who started a few weeks ago confirm or deny that their take-home for 2 weeks is only around 780???
    i can confirm it! saw a wage docket from a recruit on familiarisation.

480905 wrote: »
    BL makes a good point.
    But when was I talking when I shouldn't have been?
    What specifically, did I say that I should not have said?

BL makes a good point.
    But when was I talking when I shouldn't have been?
    What specifically, did I say that I should not have said?
    shut up you - you were giving me a hard time before!

lol only messing. yeah its all well and good to have your opinions. nothing wrong with that. but i think its very difficult for recruits especially in recent times. they have to do serious coursework and its not their fault that they are actively encouraged to be wary of bitter *****! it is a fault in training. this needs to be seriously addressed.

my only advice to you mr dingdong is keep an open mind. i do remember when i first started all those years ago ;)

take everything with a pinch of salt. don't reveal too much. don't talk out of school.
    best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 d2k7x

i can confirm it! saw a wage docket from a recruit on familiarisation.

Hell of a lot less!

d2k7x wrote: »
    Hell of a lot less!

how much less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

how much less

I heard the latest recruits are only getting 630 take home while training in Beladd:eek: - its a fkn joke!!! - ud get more stackin shelves and less likely to be stabbed

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    I heard the latest recruits are only getting 630 take home while training in Beladd:eek: - its a fkn joke!!! - ud get more stackin shelves and less likely to be stabbed

thats thaken the pis if thats all you come out with thats only a little more that the dole

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

thats thaken the pis if thats all you come out with thats only a little more that the dole

But there is always the job satisfaction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Is this true?

my only advice to you mr dingdong is keep an open mind.

Oh it's wide open!
    As for the pay, well, we can do nothing but take it on the chin.

LoanShark wrote: »
    But there is always the job satisfaction ;)

ye i know and if i pass the pct and get the job i will be over the moon but just alittle over 300 euro a week is a bit sht but at the same time i would never turn down the job if offered regardless of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 uachtar99

I dunno if thats accurate, but if it is keep in mind thats without overtime aka annualised hours. Still a bit low when compared to senior officers but you will get there.

• Advertisement

uachtar99 wrote: »
    I dunno if thats accurate, but if it is keep in mind thats without overtime aka annualised hours. Still a bit low when compared to senior officers but you will get there.
    you should know. all you have to do is go to the guys who process the wages and ask them. or ask one of the recruits in "your charge" and ask them. i'm sure they are all talking about it.

Advertisement