Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a system?

Options
  • 02-08-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've got quite a few games across multiple consoles since I stopped trading in old games.

I've got them all stored away in a bookshelf and it was only when a friend took a look recently that I noticed that I've inadvertently created a system for ordering them. Not alphabetically or anything half-assed like that. Oh no, over the years, I've slowly got the following order going on:

Games I've finished and will probably never play again
    Games I've finished but will definitely play again
    Games I've not finished yet
    Games I'll never finish (so sports games, rts, puzzlers, etc)

Obviously within these, I break it down by console and alphabetically. I don't know how it happened and when it was pointed out to me I was quite intrigued by my subconscious brilliance :)

Anyone else got any weird and wonderful methods of ordering their collections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Nah, I've just got my 360 games on top of my xbox games and a stack of pc games on another shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Mine are alphabetically arranged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

By Genre

FPS
    Mmorpg
    RTS
    then load of ****e games never played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I tend to keep my Nintendo, MS, Sony and PC games seperate... Got most of my last gen games on a DVD rack, then the rest go on shelves.
    The game(s) that I'm currently playing either go at the front of the shelf, or on my coffee table
    I sorted my 360 games by genre once, but couldn't figure out where to put Naruto Path of a Ninja, so just gave up:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Have them all in a drawer under the telly and when rearranging i;

1. Put the rubbish at the bottom, they'll never get a go. I'm not naming and shaming there as the shame is mine :)

2. Put the games i've recently finished and don't want to play more of on top of those. Okami just went in there.

3. Put the games i'm not sure of on top of those. Max Payne 2 and Dino Crisis have been floating around this section for a few weeks now.

4. Put the games i'd like to get back into on top of those. Twilight Princess has been sitting there for a bit... might boot it up in the next week.

5. Put the games i'm currently playing either on the top of everything or beside the console itself. Resident Evil 4 on the Wii holds this place at the moment but soon to be deposed to section [2.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

For 360/Wii games I usually have them in order of last played. If the stack gets too high under the coffee table, I put the ones I've not played in a while away (in with the PS2 games), keeping out the ones I'm currently playing.

PS2 games I've still to finish are under another TV, with DC and N64 games. PS2 games I've finished are in the attic, along with PS1 (ordered by purchased), old PC games etc.

Current PC games are kept in a drawer. I usually install them, find a no cd crack, and put them in the drawer. If no crack is available, they tend to stay on the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I've got Xbox 360 games on the top of the shelve in a row, then the PC games below it in two rows, PS2 games in a row, Original Xbox games below it. Then on the bottom are PSP games along with DVD's.

Nothing special about my arrangement...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

They are currently stacked in piles beside the relevant consoles, in no particular order. I keep a list of my unfinished games in an Excel spreadsheet, sorted in the order I intend to play them in, starting with the ones I've had longest first. Once I finish a game I move it to a seperate spreadsheet and give it a score out of 5 (or a 0 if I gave up on it for whatever reason).

Does anyone else do that or am I crazy? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just you I'd say:P
    I list all of my game on the eurogamers section of eurogamer.net, then rate them when I've either finished the game, or have played enough of it to know that I either won't be coming back to it, or that my view won't waiver (for example Geometry Wars 2 - just a couple of hours play of that was enough for me to decide on the score it deserves)
    I can then sort them by score and have a look through the ones without a rating and pick one out to play...

Bit of a silly system, but it sort of works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Have a 1TB drive for games, sort them by the following genres

RTS
    FPS
    TPS
    Racing
    Sports
    Puzzle
    Roms

In each of these folders is a folder titled "finished" once I'm done with the game it goes in that folder.

For the PS3, as I only got it recently I've been working through a backlog of games a friend in work lent me. I'm not a big hoarder and I never play a game more than once so unless it is a great multiplayer game it will probably get traded in once i've finished it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Left of my sub woofer, games I've finished. Right, games I haven't started. On top, games I'm playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

corblimey wrote: »
    Obviously within these, I break it down by console and alphabetically.

Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭mcw92

i sort mine by system,vbiously, and then sort by quality. eg.best game on top, 2nd best nex...etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have two stacks for GameCube games, one stack for Wii games and one stack for Xbox (360 and original) games. Those are all beside my TV, while I have a stack of DS games on the shelf nearby. PC games are scattered on the desk near the PC.

Everything else is in a box somewhere never to be used again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Na no system.

They are in piles all around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

1 stack for 360, 1 stack for wii, 1 stack for PC. That's about as organised as it gets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I keep them in a little pond out my back garden and when I want to play a game I just fish it out. ;)

Seriously tho, im messy as hell games all over the place and when Im finished playing a game that I will never play again it gets traded.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got all my PC game (and hardware drivers/OS/etc) discs in a wallet with the boxes at the back of a deep bookshelf. All the manuals and CD keys are in it too. It's just easier for LANs. Infront of them were my PS2 games, but that's gone on a holiday to a friend's house whilst I get aquainted with my 360. The games for that are just left within arm's reach on the shelf - I don't have too many to have to worry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

trade in 2 old games and get a new one for a tenner...

So have feck all games around the house :)

I find it odd the amount of people with PC games that don't just rip them and have them right there on the harddrive. This keeps the discs pristine and in the original box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

For my Xbox 360 I have them split out into Sports, FPS, Action/Adventure and Other (tetris, GH2/3)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've just got a stack of GC/Wii/Xbox/PS2 games on top of a chest of drawers. No particular system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

They are currently stacked in piles beside the relevant consoles, in no particular order. I keep a list of my unfinished games in an Excel spreadsheet, sorted in the order I intend to play them in, starting with the ones I've had longest first. Once I finish a game I move it to a seperate spreadsheet and give it a score out of 5 (or a 0 if I gave up on it for whatever reason).

Does anyone else do that or am I crazy?

I'd be lying if I said no :)

silvine wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said no :)

yeah once you use the word "spreadsheet" in the same sentence as talking about video games then you are kind of losing the point. Reminds of that AVGN review of Superman where a part of the plot revolved around people worried about their stocks... what gamer in their right mind wants to play a game where they are talking about the stock market.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You excel people should check out football management games, they sound like they'd suit you down to the ground :pac:

Advertisement