Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torann at Spraoi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

One of the few bands I would go and see.The big bald fella freaks me out a bit tho, he looks a lttle bit dodgy.But from what I understand he has a few special needs.Think its great seeing some one like him getting out and doing a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Meatwad wrote: »
    The big bald fella freaks me out a bit tho, he looks a lttle bit dodgy.But from what I understand he has a few special needs.Think its great seeing some one like him getting out and doing a bit.

Nope... you understand incorrectly, mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

One of the few bands I would go and see.The big bald fella freaks me out a bit tho, he looks a lttle bit dodgy.But from what I understand he has a few special needs.Think its great seeing some one like him getting out and doing a bit.

Lol, you understand completely wrong then I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Someone like him?

Christ thats a horrible thing to say. If the chap has special needs then so be it. Treat him like your average joe so and drop the silly attitude about being "dodgy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Maybe his special needs were a six pack of his favourite drink, a large bean bag to relax on, 200 white towels, 5 hookers, case of Cristal and a masseuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's the beardy fella with the spike in his chin you have to look out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

The "lead" guy had his ankle all strapped up....like he was after spraining it of something..and i tell ya fair play to the chap he still hopped around on it like a lunatic...and you could see it was paining him,...but he battled on...fair play to him !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Thanks for posting that Typhoon, that was the one act I was hoping to get into see all weekend but didn't manage to make it. Glad I got to see a snippet!

I've since shown the clip to a good few people who weren't familiar with Torann and they were all mightily impressed:)

Typhoon. wrote: »
    The "lead" guy had his ankle all strapped up....like he was after spraining it of something..and i tell ya fair play to the chap he still hopped around on it like a lunatic...and you could see it was paining him,...but he battled on...fair play to him !!!

Pffffffffff.... playing with a broken hand, now THAT was hardcore! :D

How did you break it anyway?

• Advertisement

Chochese wrote: »
    Pffffffffff.... playing with a broken hand, now THAT was hardcore! :D

??? who had abroken hand lol:D

Lol, the fellah that's not playing with them above!(Chocheese)

Yes. How did this fellow break his hand :D

I've asked it once, no answers yet though.

I broke it playing soccer 2 weeks ago... and not furiously masturbating as is widely believed thanks to a certain moderator!

I skipped the gig featured above, but I straped up the hand and played the other gigs over the weekend.

great band chochese hope to see a lot more of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adebisi

Hi everybody! Thanks for your nice words about the gig (the big bald special needs fella speaking here!). I had heard about this post accusing me of being slightly special, and it took me a few mins to realise who could possibly have written it, but I twigged pretty quickly it was Meatwad. And imagine, we gave this guy a thank you on our cd!!! The cheek of him!

Anyway, thanks to all who said nice things about us over the weekend, we had a ball, despite working with a broken hand and a ligament damaged, sprained foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

adebisi wrote: »
    Hi everybody! Thanks for your nice words about the gig (the big bald special needs fella speaking here!). I had heard about this post accusing me of being slightly special, and it took me a few mins to realise who could possibly have written it, but I twigged pretty quickly it was Meatwad. And imagine, we gave this guy a thank you on our cd!!! The cheek of him!

Anyway, thanks to all who said nice things about us over the weekend, we had a ball, despite working with a broken hand and a ligament damaged, sprained foot!

Wow...you've got a CD out? I was at the Hanover St gig on Saturday, but no-one mentioned that ;-)

Great gig though...very polished!

they sold out all the cds at first few gigs.Great to see em doing well.They're playing a big festival in Poland soon , so best of luck at that one there, hope the special needs fella doesn't cause too much trouble on the way over.

gscully wrote: »
    Wow...you've got a CD out? I was at the Hanover St gig on Saturday, but no-one mentioned that ;-)

Great gig though...very polished!

Ya gotta push the cd's ;)

they sold out all the cds at first few gigs.Great to see em doing well.They're playing a big festival in Poland soon , so best of luck at that one there, hope the special needs fella doesn't cause too much trouble on the way over.

So after a bit o public humiliation, you're gonna be nice to me then!?!?!

• Advertisement

hope the special needs fella doesn't cause too much trouble on the way over.

It's the One Handed Wonder people gotta worry about tbh.

So after a bit o pubic humiliation, you're gonna be nice to me then!?!?!
    pubic humiliation?
    And no...that'll never happen, not after the time you touched me when you thought I was asleep....I was awake.All I remember is the sounds of drums and heavy breathing....and drooling.
    Oh lordy...the drool.
    Oh and by the way ,you're not even in the band.They keep meaning to tell ya that but I suppose its hard to tell someone in your condition that you're not really in it.And fair play to the lads for that , after that little incident you had last year with the "accident in your pants" in the van, I think its amazing that they still tolerate ya.But I suppose you get used to the smell after abit(I still haven't by the way).
    Now let this post die , I can hear the phone ringing and its probably you again.

And for anyone interested you should be able to buy Toranns new cd on their web page soon or on their myspace page.Since some one in the band didn't actually mention it because they're probably drunk AGAIN.

http://www.torann.net/

http://www.myspace.com/toranndrummers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ya gotta push the cd's ;)

Ha... Well it worked on me anyway. I got one and it sounds fcuken great on the surround sound system - the next door neighbours got into their car and drove off about 2 mins into the first tune ;-) I'd love to hear a good trancy background to those drums!

Now, all I need it for Trevor to sign my copy...with his fcuked up hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I finished work at 2am on Sunday and was just able to get up and see this. As always I was impressed, but moreso this time because it seems as if they finally added new material to their set. Also one question to the band, is it a recurring trend that everyone has a sudden need to tear off their tops? Must be the tribal drums triggering some kind of primative caveman reaction or something!!

AdMMM wrote: »
    is it a recurring trend that everyone has a sudden need to tear off their tops? Must be the tribal drums triggering some kind of primative caveman reaction or something!!

The lads get very sweaty playing drums, especially under hot stage lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't mean the guys playing, I mean almost half of the people watching :)

Ah yes... that's always a laugh! Some youngwans even joined in up in the Forum on Sunday night :D

Advertisement