Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera problem

Options
  • 02-08-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to be posting this but I've got a problem with my Dad's camera.

Was partying last night and low and behold the camera somehow got broken. The camera is a canon digital ixus camera, I don't really know the parts of a camera but all I want to know is whether I could get it fixed as Im in New york at the moment and am on the verge of getting a cybershot.

Basically the focusing ring/part (?) has been hit to one side and the camera does not focus or zoom at all, its as if the focusing cylinder has been pulled from the mechanism which retracts it and so forth. The camera makes the sounds as if it were sooming in and out but nothing happens.

I know this post is lacking a lot of information but I just really need a vague idea of whether theres a chance a camera shop could fix it.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The problem is likely to be repairable, but you'd probably have to wait a while. You should be able to get a cost estimate beforehand, and if it's too expensive to repair, just buy a replacement.

Just go to a camera shop that sell Canon and see what they say.

Advertisement