Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baned But Innocent

Options
  • 02-08-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Okay so ages ago I was banned from the LGBT section, they accused me of setting up multiple accounts, but I realy didn't!

The other two individuals who posted were my flatmates who strongly agreed with my point, and then suddenly i am banned!

We were using ntl connection inour flat is there anyway to prove this or am i forever banned?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

Can one of the mods or whatever please tell me at least if there is a possiblity of having this ban lifted?

I was only banned because the mod's disagreed with my point, I was not insulting anyone but the second they though they found what they thought was a reason to get rid of me they did.

I messaged the mod in question and informed him of my situation and he basically told me i was stupid to have made such a point and that he didn't believe me.

I think it most unfair to be banned using some pretense simply because a independent mod was sensitive and disagreed with my point.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Which Mod banned you?

Also, a link to the thread which got you banned would be helpful.

I'd love to be able to post those details but I'm not allowed into the LGBT section and I haven't been for ages, I tried to search for my comments but they don't show up when I search for them.

I think that the name of the mod was Stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

jady88 wrote: »

I was only banned because the mod's disagreed with my point, I was not insulting anyone but the second they though they found what they thought was a reason to get rid of me they did.

I think it most unfair to be banned using some pretense simply because a independent mod was sensitive and disagreed with my point.
    You were banned for multiple accounts. Log out and read the thread.

Our records show that you have signed up cutthroatangel and jamesthekid to back up your stance on that thread. You were banned for doing that.
    Can one of the mods or whatever please tell me at least if there is a possiblity of having this ban lifted?

I messaged the mod in question and informed him of my situation and he basically told me i was stupid to have made such a point and that he didn't believe me.
    I've given access to Stark to this thread to reply to you if he can. However, this doesn't seem like a ban over difference of opinion - it seems like a clear cut duplicate account, sockpuppet to back up your stance.

Gordon wrote: »
    You were banned for multiple accounts. Log out and read the thread.

Our records show that you have signed up cutthroatangel and jamesthekid to back up your stance on that thread. You were banned for doing that.

I've given access to Stark to this thread to reply to you if he can. However, this doesn't seem like a ban over difference of opinion - it seems like a clear cut duplicate account, sockpuppet to back up your stance.

Okay, yes and if you had read this page you would see that I did clarify that at the beginning
    Okay so ages ago I was banned from the LGBT section, they accused me of setting up multiple accounts, but I realy didn't!

My point is that i genuinely did not create multiple accounts, my two flatmates who I had been telling about the discussion decided to log in and state that they agreed with me and they may have also said they thought I was being treated rather harshly.

We we're using the same NTL wireless connection to use the internet and would have been in the same apartment. I really didn't do this and I asked Stark to help me prove it but he was less than helpful perhaps to do with his less than unbiased position? I just want to know how I could prove this was the truth as I really would like the right to go back to the LGBT forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I posted a thread in the moderator's forum at the time (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055240829 - mod access only) asking an admin/smod to check things out but nothing conclusive came up.

So you banned me on the basis of something you can't prove? That seems grossly unfair not least to mention because I really actually didn't.

Is that it then I am finished in the that thread?

Can anyone give me a definite answer, is it a no?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Okay, I'll unban your main account since it has been a while.

The sock puppet accounts will remain banned. I don't see a difference between signing up an account yourself to back up your stance and saying to your flatmate: "hey you, do me a favour and sign up an account on boards.ie and post this for me".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Let me know if you have any future problems with this Stark.
    B

• Advertisement
Advertisement