Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Fest in Swinford, Anyone Going?

• 02-08-2008 3:44pm

Just curious if anyone off here is heading to Love Fest in Swinford tomorrow? I'm planning on heading up as long as it isn't raining as I've been told that it's a really good day out.

Anyone been to it before or planning on going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I'll be down in Swinford over the weekend, whats the story with Love Fest? Haven't heard of it before, is it part of the Siamsa celebrations?

It's a load of bands playing in a field in Swinford. This is my first year going so I have no idea what to expect though I've been told that it's "Awesome."

Sounds promising, I'll be around the town tomorrow so I might pop along. Cheers for the info Darko!

No worries. I'll be aat it and hard to miss. Just look for the guy with either pinky/red or purple hair and you'll have found me.

Cool, if I'm there I'll keep an eye out for you man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

you needs a codeword...

like whenever you see someone that you think is Darko, you just walk up, and say "I'm Board today"...

haha, see.. secret codeword...
    saves having to be persecuted by the non-boardsies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thefoodcritic

I was in Swinford yesterday.
    This festival is crazy.
    We spent most of the afternoon in Kelly hotel - http://www.gatewayswinford.com
    We then wen to Quinns Pub to eat http://www.pquinns.com
    Totally unplanned day out. They are always the best.
    The festival goes on for a few day.
    Probably quieter during the week, but higjhly recmmended.

Love Fest was fun though I'm fairly certain my drink was spiked which was not a nice thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Fair play to the organisers swinford always has a good festival...Love the ol fair day..

Was in Bonniconolon today It was PACKED, whacked after all the walking :eek: Good day out though...

Did'nt have any boards members approach me but I did have one rather nice guy compliment me on my purple hair. Said it was "a bit gay but what the hell."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Was down in Swinford on saturday night...seemed to be good music on the band stand outside Padraic Horkans. Spent the night in Horkans, good crowd,and good mixture of ages....:D
    enjoyed the night hoping to be down longer than next year...! saw the fun run on sunday,just before was heading home,kids looked like to be having great craic:p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Did'nt have any boards members approach me but I did have one rather nice guy compliment me on my purple hair. Said it was "a bit gay but what the hell."

jeez you're getting plenty of attention with that hair, must be eye catching;)

artieanna wrote: »
    jeez you're getting plenty of attention with that hair, must be eye catching;)

It does stand out a bit but hey I like it.

Did anyone else see the rather horrible scene involving a 17 year old guy and a 51 year old woman getting intimate? It was quite horrible and unsettling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Did anyone else see the rather horrible scene involving a 17 year old guy and a 51 year old woman getting intimate? It was quite horrible and unsettling.
    UGH! definately sounds like hillbilly country..though i shouldn't be saying that!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

God almighty! :eek:
    Im glad I missed lovefest this year. Played at it in 2006 with my own band. From the little memory I have of the day it was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :)

Advertisement