Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how does roaming work with a vodafone ireland blackberry 8310

• 02-08-2008 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks,
    hows does roaming work with a vodafone blackberry 8310?

since it is always making data connections, how do i avoid a large bill if i go abroad with it?

roaming abroad is hardly, included in price plan?

do i just go into mobile network options, and disable data services?
    is that all i need to do, to stop the blackberry making data connections abroad?

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Info. below relates to pay monthly contracts

You must phone Vodafone to turn off data services when you are travelling abroad. This will also turn off data services in Ireland so you must ring them up to turn if back on when you return to Ireland.:eek:
    Yes it does sound like stuff from the dark ages!

If you decide you need to use data services abroad they have some confusing info. on the website about the costs. "Connect Abroad Daily" and "Connect Abroad Montly" seem to be a way of getting a flat fee of 14.50 or 72.00 euro from you even if you only use a few kbs to send an email. They seem to have it turned on by default and i don't think you can switch them off.

https://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/roaming/connect/

Vodafone staff seem to know nothing about data roaming when you phone them. Allot of them don't even know what it means.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

is it jsut me or is it simply cheaper to constantly get daily acess of 14 odd euro than the montly add on if you are gong to be usuing more than 200mb

Advertisement