Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Query

Options
  • 02-08-2008 7:33pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

I seem to be having a couple of problems at the moment.

In the moderators forum, everytime I hit forum tools to get the drop down menu, the page refreshes and I get dropped to the bottom of the page and the forum tools are listed there instead.

Also, the navigation menu keeps appearing and disappearing, sometimes reappearing when I refresh a page and sometimes not.

I'm just curious is this me or are other people having similar issues. I'm using a Mac OS X.5 and FF 3.0.1.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Could be some funky javascript. Tried the old clearing of the cache?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Yeah I have, meant to say it in the first post, was just on my way back to edit it.

I'm starting to once again suspect a FF problem as it was acting a bit werid about letting me into preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I've had my navigation bar vanish a few times with Firefox too, but not the other problems you've been having. A simple refresh usually solves the problem.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I did a restart of FF and so far everything appears back to normal. We shall see how it continues. It was doing something similar to me about a month or so again, but even weirder things were happening and then FF crashed massively. I think I may have to go back to using Safari or maybe Camino.

Thanks to those who made suggestions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It's a known problem with FF.

As Sherifu said, it's funky scripting, not specifically with javascript, but all coding in general.

Some have fixed it by installing greasemonkey.
    Others have uninstalled and then reinstalled FF again.

best advice i can give i'm afraid.

Nev

• Advertisement
Advertisement