Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we bring back the Galway Air Show in 2009?

Options
  • 02-08-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

THE SALTHILL AIR SHOW ORGANISING TEAM REGRET TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE SALTHILL AIR SHOW WILL NOT BE HELD IN 2008.

IT IS HOPED THAT THE SALTHILL AIR SHOW WILL RETURN IN 2009. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE IN DUE COURSE.

Sounds like there's a possibility of the air show returning. Would you want it back?

Should the Galway Air Show return in 2009? 157 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 157 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BRING IT BACK!

What a brilliant day out for EVERYONE (Even those anti-war people, sure when else do they get to express their interest in Ireland :D)

And free too! Oh and it brings business to Salthill.

Seriously wtf like, how is the Salthill Airshow a BAD thing? For all you anti-war protesters - fcukoff and protest outside the White House or something because personally I don't give a sh1t, and I think the majority (if not all?? :confused:) people who attend the Airshow would agree

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Absolutely bring it back.:cool:
    I missed it this year, and bring as many fast , loud fighter planes as possible.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

To answer my own question - YES, bring it back! It was a great event! I can't think of anywhere better than Salthill for an airshow either!

It was even a great oppertunity for anti-war protestors to make the odd protest if they want their message heard. Don't protest against the show though - ok the guy that got the chopper door landing on him may protest all he likes! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Bring it back, stuff the crusties!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah shur once you seen one,you've seen them all......:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

definitely bring it back. anti war people can suck our collective balls.

the airshow was great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Ah shur once you seen one,you've seen them all......

What about the young'ns that havn't seen one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Only if theres crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JohnCleary wrote: »
    BRING IT BACK!
    Seriously wtf like, how is the Salthill Airshow a BAD thing? ... I think the majority (if not all?? :confused:) people who attend the Airshow would agree

Total waste of scarce fossil fuels, and unnecessary noise pollution for Salthill residents who have no choice but to "attend".

Leave it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

/me pulls up with a chair and popcorn to watch thread

JustMary wrote: »
    Total waste of scarce fossil fuels, and unnecessary noise pollution for Salthill residents who have no choice but to "attend".

Leave it out.

My cousins in Salthill love it, and there's an enormous amount of fossil fues in the sand banks in northern Canada.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Unless the air show involves fighter jets actually shooting something down over the Atlantic (a remote controlled helicopter, a balloon, I'm not picky), I have to admit I'm pretty apathetic.

Bring it back. Salthill needs the boost.

Leave it out.

I could say the same thing for the Amusments at Salthill - Should we get rid of those too? Infact, aren't a LOT of things unnecessary noise pollution? Like motorbikes - lets get rid of those too yeah!

I live in Salthill and don't consider it unnecessary noise pollution - so please don't try to speak on my behalf

Get a haircut and have a shower (Or is that an unnecessary waste of water??) ye frickin' hippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

unnecessary noise pollution for Salthill residents who have no choice but to "attend".

Really are you a resident? Strange you should say that, as i have yet to hear anyone i know moan about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Big planes flying around galway bay woowoo... amazing how fickle the plebs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Bring it back, always a good day out. As expected the majority want back, ignore the anti-war & green protestors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

Must suck to be in the minority :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

Yes, us thousands of us, all plebs are we??? heaven forbid it might bring a crowd to the town, and boost the economy, and showcase the skills of talented pilots and provide a great day out for young and old alike????

O No, it would never do to have people enjoying themselves!!! DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING!!!

More likely the plebs were the mongs that let off balloons in flightpaths of fighter planes a few years ago...f**king morons..

Oh, and everytime you boil a kettle you're wasting fossilfuels in this country, as the majority of the grid is run on oil.

Hate these anti-airshow anti-fun anti-enjoyment types...GRRRRRRRRR
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

i agree with j cleary. feic those english accented protestors. how come every protestor has an out of town accent. northern, american or british or french. is it poss to join a protest group cos im from town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I would like it back but ONLY if they guarantee an SU27 or a derivative thereof , otherwise feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm not a hippie or anti-anything.

It's just naff standing around on Salthill prom, gawping at the big metal birds in the sky.

Leave the airshow in the Cold War-era time capsule it belongs in

I'm not a hippie or anti-anything.

It's just naff standing around on Salthill prom, gawping at the big metal birds in the sky.

Leave the airshow in the Cold War-era time capsule it belongs in

I like looking at the powerful modern metal birds, :D

No one is making you look at the planes. I don't like watching horses run around a track, so I don't bother with the Galway Races.... it's not that hard to understand really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Catch 22. I have seen many of the Airshows but got out of town for the last one because my 3 year old daughter freaks out with the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thanks for all your positive comments about us and what we bring to Salthill, really appreciated. Well see what we can do for 2009.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yes. Just glue on those helicopter doors with loctite.

Steyr wrote: »
    Thanks for all your positive comments about us and what we bring to Salthill, really appreciated. Well see what we can do for 2009.:)

You should get in contact with the ISA (Irish Sailing Association) powerboat section about combining the Airshow with a Powerboat demonstration/race - There was a European Thundercat Powerboat beach challenge (Part of a season long racing event) in Youghal, Co. Cork a few weeks back - It was a total success with over 20,000 people attending on the Sunday (not bad considering Youghal is a small place) and opened a lot of peoples eyes up to a sport that a lot of people hardly knew existed

PM me for a contact in the ISA if you think that could work for 2009 - By chance the ISA are having a meeting next Saturday to discuss powerboat race events for 2009 - PM me for details on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Air show's are awesome especially the Salthill one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement