Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we bring back the Galway Air Show in 2009?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

But Irishspirit along with the other objectors do not believe in democracy. Irishspirit prefers Common Law which is defined as follows:

COMMON LAW - That which derives its force and authority from the universal consent and immemorial practice of the people.

Gosh that sounds like democracy to me !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Discodog wrote: »
    But Irishspirit along with the other objectors do not believe in democracy. Irishspirit prefers Common Law which is defined as follows:

COMMON LAW - That which derives its force and authority from the universal consent and immemorial practice of the people.

Gosh that sounds like democracy to me !

That's why i posted the line from Witchhunt by Rush.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

The commentator, for the record, is a member of the RAF Red Arrows display team and his reasons for not mentioning the armament of an f-16 is because it is completely irrelevant. He was however, quite useful for telling you where to point your camera. :pac:

Look, it is only in the military that you will find pilots trained to the high standards and aircraft of the necessary performance to perform stunts at an airshow. The guy hopping from London to Dublin in a bus would not be able to perform the stunts that the Red Arrows do.

Fighter jets aren't solely used for fighting either. I don't know if you have seen the film Behind Enemy Lines, but it tells the story of Lt. Chris Burnett, a navigator, who reveals mass graves in Serbia. His photographs lead to General Miroslav Lokar's arrest and subsequent extradition, who was committing a secret genocidal campaign. If it wasn't for the capabilities of this aircraft, who knows how many more would be victims of his genocide?

The aircraft are the pinnacle of aviation, and should be celebrated, regardless of their intentions. The pilots are only making a living, following orders, keeping a roof over their families' heads. They aren't the pen pushers who are creating the mess that they have to try and sort out. Attack the political leaders, not the poor pilot and the engineers who are only doing a job.

Back on topic, I would only love to see the Salthill Airshow back again...100,000 people cannot be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

It would be a great boost for the area to have another airshow

This time if protestors let off balloons, remind them that birds, other animals, and fish can choke on burst balloons

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

thread_necromancer_card_3.jpg?m=1341420046

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's not start this again, at least not until there is an actual chance Airshow will return.
    Otherwise it'll just be another "slag the gaaw" thread that will just end up locked.
    There may be a more recent thread in Aviation forum if you have a look.
    If you bring the funding the planes will come :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement