Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone - where to go out?

Options
  • 02-08-2008 8:43pm
    Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

three girls (2 mid 20s, 1 in 30s - all single) heading out in Athlone tomorrow night. Provisional plan is to hit the Prince for cocktails and then head to Karma but just wondering if anyone has a better suggestion? Used to live near there but moved eight years ago so don't know that many places anymore and tend to play it safe the very odd time I go out there!! All suggestions welcome!! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

So how did your night go? Where did ye end up!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Prince & Karma... It was an okay night but nothing special!! We probably wouls have had as much fun sitting in with a few drinks...

Where do u usually go?? Any suggestions for next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

god its been absolute years since i was out in athlone, is the palace bar still there? the last time i was out over there was in blinkers!how sad is that!:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Nothing wrong with smelly old blinkers!!!:P The Palace is still there has been done up a few times since. Seans beergarden was a bit a craic, the good auld days.......ahhhhhh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

seans / nuts / castle inn - few good pubs in town. Palace isn't great anymore.
    All depends on age group as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

baldbear wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with smelly old blinkers!!!:P
    oh to be young again!!!!!:D:D

Seans and Casltle Bar are nice for a few fairly peaceful drinks... but if you're up for a good/big night out tI find hey are only good to start the night off...

Friday night of a bank holiday probably wasn't a great night anyways, I find that town isn't as busy anymore in general on a friday night, people tend to wait and only go out on a Saturday...

If i'm out in Athlone usually go to Gerties then onto Karma, haven't been to the new "bozo's" yet, think it's called Q... so not too sure what thats like...

TO be honest the selection of pub isn't great anymore, a lot of the crowd just seem to move about... and certain places has its faithful crew...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

hm yes pubs have gone down hill in the town - but yes depending on the age group seans, Gerties and karma are the 3 on a night out - prefer gerties but hardly ever go there - also the place down the lane to the shannon at the back of Ricks is fine to hang out for a chat with friends.

hm and metro for some music but depends on the night.

Thinks it called harveys.. haven't been there in ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

offaly1 wrote: »
    god its been absolute years since i was out in athlone, is the palace bar still there? the last time i was out over there was in blinkers!how sad is that!:o:o

Memories, in the corner of my mind.

Good oul Blinkers and the cheap Fat Frogs (cheap ingredients not price)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

Memories, in the corner of my mind.

Good oul Blinkers and the cheap Fat Frogs (cheap ingredients not price)

that explains the sticky floors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

was in blinkers once or twice years ago (college nights out) 1st time i was chated up by a girl I didnt know! I was hammered though and just wandered off sorta amused at it - forgot to ask her to join me before wandering off though :(

think it's nick named desparate house wifes now!

oh and was in harveys at the weekend - twas wedged, a lot of talent about that night in town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

That's weird pawrick had a similar experience last night I was in Athlone in the palace btw, I got chatted up by a cute student nurse and she asked me and my mate to head to Karma with herself and her friend. Sweet I was thinking, then my mate pulls this kinda best described as meh face and spoke up for us "Yeah we'll see how it goes here first" Now I thought he was playing hard to get or something but then was like c'mon lets **** off home I've had enough beer and forget about them sluts.

Turns out later he only did it to piss me off and take the piss out of me because I hadn't hooked up with anyone for awhile. The sadistic twat I'll get one back on him. Him cockblocking me is a running joke since our early teens. I shall have my vengeance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

coillcam wrote: »

Turns out later he only did it to piss me off and take the piss out of me because I hadn't hooked up with anyone for awhile. The sadistic twat I'll get one back on him. Him cockblocking me is a running joke since our early teens. I shall have my vengeance !!

Id slit his neck while he sleeps.

Cock blocking snyper earns a minimum of one broken knee cap and a ruptured testicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

Sorry to derail the thread but tell me this snyper....

When one's neurotic tendencies lead to self cock blocking ways as of late. What punishment does one receive?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

coillcam wrote: »
    Sorry to derail the thread but tell me this snyper....

When one's neurotic tendencies lead to self cock blocking ways as of late. What punishment does one receive?

Whores, you would need whores in that case.

Advertisement