Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit, mbs

Options
  • 02-08-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Anyone hear from smurfit yet, hoping to do the mbs finance but havent heard anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

just got my letter today. I'm doin MiM

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Was in your position last year. The acceptances come very late it seems.

Well done to above poster on getting MiM:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Hehe, theres really only two entry criteria for MiM:

1) A pulse.
    2) €12k.

They'd probably ignore 1) in certain circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

hey mloc, did you do MiM as well?

I'm guessing you didn't think it was worth it! hehe

For me, I think it's perfect. Whilst it might not be much of a "Masters", I believe it's a really good transitional course when coming from a non-business undergrad.

I prob would have done the Entrepreneurial Studies H.dip if it were still available, but it has been absorbed into MiM.

mloc, do you believe under these circumstances it's still not worthwhile?
    I have until the 22nd to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

ah yeah, most people in fairness loved it. you can still do an entrepreneurial stream as part of the MiM which by all reports isn't bad.

If you've haven't done business at all its a good starting point, but a true masters it ain't. It's basically a very good diploma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

00011000, there is more about the MiM in this thread: MiM in Smurfit

Advertisement