Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The nine-one-one/Western ind. est. Dublin 12

Options
  • 02-08-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I have never come across such a rootless shower of bastards in my life. All Polish and rob you blind the minute you walk in the door.

Examples:

Ready-made breakfast sandwich: one slice of ham, three quarters of a sausage. 4.80
    Numerous '% extra free' goods are priced higher than their standard sized counterparts.

I could go on and on.... F'n rip-off kip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

CSU wrote: »
    I have never come across such a rootless shower of bastards in my life. All Polish and rob you blind the minute you walk in the door.

Examples:

Ready-made breakfast sandwich: one slice of ham, three quarters of a sausage. 4.80
    Numerous '% extra free' goods are priced higher than their standard sized counterparts.

You are not forced to go into these places, Just go down to your local Tesco / Lidl buy a loaf of bread. a couple of slices of ham some butter and bring in a flask of tea. The recession is in and its back to the bad old days of bringing in the packed lunch. These rip off businesses dont last long when word gets around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Racist B&%tard.

How do you know they're Polish?

Do you know that the specific staff you are refering to have made the decision to price the goods.

Do you know the specific staff are responsible for how much filling goes into a sandwich?

I dispise people like you who are disgustingly racist, just like some sections of the British community were in the 50's 60's 70's & 80's when Ireland sent hundreds of thousands of people away to find work.

911 is an Irish owned company with Irish directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

rootless

ruthless

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The "polish" people don't set the prices. Head office do this.
    Bring sandwiches to work if you don't want to be ripped off. Honestly - you think you're going to get a reasonably priced lunch in a petrol station?!? EVERYTHING is overpriced in these places because they're 24/7 convenience stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You dont know what you're talking about.

Firstly, they don't set the prices - they only work there. If you have a problem with it, talk to the manager / head office.

Second, It's nothing to do with them being polish, so feck off with your racist tones, and talk crap somewhere else. If it was a tossup between irish staff or polish staff, I would go polish all the time, they WANT to work. Unlike some of the dirty ejits that come in to me (only wanting a letter for the social to back up they are looking for a job)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

or u are stupid racist, or u did a mistake and wanted to write

"I have never come across such a rootless shower of bastards in my life. All IRISH and rob you blind the minute you walk in the door."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Care to elaborate on that a little? Does the fact they are Polish (how do you know they are actually Polish, all Eastern-Europeans soun the same to me anyway) make them thieves? Or is it that the prices set by the Irish management somehow turns Polish people into thieves? Or perhaps you just have a personal grudge, and their nationality/ethnicity is irrelevant.

Sticking to the facts, like these, is a good idea. Racist undertones will not win you much favour, unless this thread gets moved to Stormfront.

If the shop is selling %free goods at over the price of the standard ones, then you can report them to the NCA, as this is illegal. Note the details, get receipts if you can, and they can investigate it.

If you do actually believe the shop staff are robbing customers, then you should report that to the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

I work in the warehouse for DHL right adjacent to the store, 50% of my workmates are non-nationals, mostly Latvian and Polish.

The manager of the store is non-national, the staff who run the storeroom and floor and fill the sandwiches are Polish, the directors are obviously Irish.

TBH I was expecting this sort of racist flaming as the OP did come across as such. If the staff and management where Marshan's I would probably be flamed for being racist, I was askin for it I suppose. Ethnic origin is irrelevant and at this point I'd like to ask if you could all relax with the racist accusations.

Fact is I am not racist, the store robs people blind mainly(I believe)because of poor communication between the directors and the management with mark-ups being made under the directors noses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I work in the warehouse for DHL right adjacent to the store, 50% of my workmates are non-nationals, mostly Latvian and Polish.

The manager of the store is non-national, the staff who run the storeroom and floor and fill the sandwiches are Polish, the directors are obviously Irish.

TBH I was expecting this sort of racist flaming as the OP did come across as such. If the staff and management where Marshan's I would probably be flamed for being racist, I was askin for it I suppose. Ethnic origin is irrelevant and at this point I'd like to ask if you could all relax with the racist accusations.

Fact is I am not racist, the store robs people blind mainly(I believe)because of poor communication between the directors and the management with mark-ups being made under the directors noses.

1. If ethnic origin is irrelevant then why mention it in the first place?

2. If you think they are marking up more than they should then why not write to nine one one about it? Posting here is of little use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

IT'S A FSCKING PETROL STATION. They are not known for being reasonably priced. If you don't like the prices, bring a packed lunch or buy lunch elsewhere.

• Advertisement

the store robs people blind mainly(I believe)because of poor communication between the directors and the management with mark-ups being made under the directors noses.

So you are suggesting that the staff charge more than the bosses say.

What a load of crap. The last time I went into one of the stores, the prices were up on a big board. Not a blackboard, but a permanent display board. So you say they are adding extra on "under the noses of the management".
    Well thats theft (if its true) and you should be talking to the directors.

For some reason though, I don't believe a word of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I dont agree with the slightly racist remarks as I dont think it matter's where anybody is from, I would however agree that Nine One One really is a rip off factory. I used to work in a particular spot so stopped at the same garage on the way a few times for petrol,smokes,coffeee etc. And always got the same thing in the morning (coffee,bacon roll) from the same girl and never once paid the same price. It was ludicrous but as people have suggested here, I just stopped going, I know its not much of an option but its all you can do to voice your disgust

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

@eth0
    It's NOT A FECKING PETROL STATION it's a sit-in type deli. I don't shop there, I go there for milk, I just feel sorry for the people they are ripping off(business type, out for lunch not having a clue what they are paying on the biz ccard probably).
    allybhoy wrote: »
    ...all you can do to voice your disgust

Which is the only reason I started this thread in the first place to 'voice my disgust'. The e-mail I sent to the NCA was short and sweet and made no remark of ethnic origin or had no racist undertones whatsoever....that was three months ago, go figure?

As far as writing to the directors of the Co., I honestly could not be arsed, the mail to the NCA and this thread is my 2c.

@superscouse, next time you may be around Dublin 12 area, drop in and have some grub > come back here and tell me you don't believe a word of it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Which is the only reason I started this thread in the first place to 'voice my disgust'. The e-mail I sent to the NCA was short and sweet and made no remark of ethnic origin or had no racist undertones whatsoever....that was three months ago, go figure?

What do you want the NCA to do? The shop can charge €100 for a sandwich if they want.

The people to "voice your disgust to are the shop owners/manager

I dont need to go to D12 to see one. There is one on the palmerstown bypass. I dont shop there because they are to expensive. I think everyone here agrees to that. But its got nothing to do with polish staff or staff ripping people off due to poor communication with the management / directors.

THE COMPANY is entitled to charge any price they like. Its down to the customers to decide whether they want to pay it. Your comments about ripoff polish is way out of order. And as for contacting the NCA, you really dont have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brookbrook

Examples:

I work in a branch of 911 being one of the only irish staff working there yes i do agree its mainly polish.
    but polish actually do their job
    it is run by 2 female irish managers and one male polish or latvian manager.
    the reason your paying such a high price is because most of that food was designed/created by a chef and because the quality is very high of the food you are recieving so if you do not want your gourmet sandwiches for 4.30 or your chicken bagette for 4.99 (which mainly every where charges around the same)

Bring your own food to work and stop complaining :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

chicken bagette for 4.99 (which mainly every where charges around the same)

Centra do a hot chicken roll for €1.99 now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

i really hate people like the op

whats the point of buying something you cant afford to later cry about the price ?

if you cant afford to eat there (and you obviously cant from your post ) stay out

they will not last long in business if people stop buying ,this will make them either lower their prices or shut down

if 5 euro is too dear then why

a: go in ??

b: order sandwich ??

c: eat sandwich ??

d: later bitch about price ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah all those restuarents are at it...

There's a place down near us, full of foreigners (french I think) total rip off,

Cassoulet of Toulouse sausage and duck : plate, 2 sausage half duck, few veg €20 (with starter and desert).

And they sell their wine for more than they do in the off licence!

Advertisement