Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how much the fees are?

• 02-08-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I'm gonna be doing Games Development in Dudalk (once I get the points), does anyone know how much it costs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Tuition fees in all colleges in ROI (except private ones of course) are €0. You usually have to pay a registration fee (which covers medical, clubs & socs, exam fees, books etc) of €850 a year.

I'm from NI and my local Education and Library Board pays that for you. If you're from ROI I dont believe they do, but you may be eligible for it free too, or deeply reduced depending on your situation, and where you live. A lot of people get whats called a 'grant' but I dont know a lot about them as Im not from there.

There's a few grants advice sites out there for new/existing students - anyone want to link the guy?

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Just to let you kno, the course is not easy, nowhere near as easy as you think, ensure you are fimiliar with Java, thats a word of advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Junior #8 wrote: »
    Just to let you kno, the course is not easy, nowhere near as easy as you think, ensure you are fimiliar with Java, thats a word of advice

Excellent advice, I've seen alot of people drop out of it.

As for Grants If the OP lets me know what county there from I can link to the appropiate site

oh and the registration fee was €850 last year but it usually goes up so it could be higher than that this year

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Ross Mc

I'm from Dublin

Ross Mc wrote: »
    I'm from Dublin

If your from dublin City...... http://www.cdvec.ie/en/index.cfm/do/Student_services

If your from dublin County......http://www.codubvec.ie/en/index.cfm/do/studentgrants

More info is available here....... http://www.studentfinance.ie , this site also states that the registration fee for this year is €835 but it is subject to change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

One of my friends from my course did Games Development and he said it was extremely difficult and tedious at times. You have to be prepared to stick with it.

Good luck anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Fees are 900 this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

well Ross mc,
    Did you get the place?

im...LOST wrote: »
    Fees are 900 this year.

:(

Advertisement