Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*yawn*... Yet another "what should I watch" thread

Options
  • 03-08-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

So I finished watching Vampire Knight the other day (decent enough), have almost finished Mnemosyne (love it!!) and watched Elfen Lied for the second time...
    Guess it's time for me to find something new to watch.
    Any recommendations of a currently airing or recently completed show that I might like?
    You can check out what I've already seen on the link below - This is usually a good place to find recommendations as well, but it doesn't seem to be turning up anything that I haven't already seen tonight

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/tman (click on score to sort them)

Sorry about making yet another of these threads, you guys must be sick of it by now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan - Everyone should see this, possibly the best series ever made.
    Eureka Seven - Surfing robots, what more do you need?
    FLCL - Again, everyone should see this.
    Dead Leaves - Crazy, crazy film.

I see you have seen End of Eva but not the series? You might want to chek out the series too.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Obviously: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

But you might also want to check out Code Geass, Macross Frontier and the Daughter of Twenty Faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

The first series of Code Geass is finished, and its up to 16 of the second series. Definatly worth a watch.

Kaiba is currently airing. Dont let the animation fool you, this show is not for kids. Quite a deep and sometimes trippy/disturbing story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Code Geass definitely sounds right up my street (sounds VERY similar to Darker than Black, which is a good thing!)
    Thanks guys, that should be enough to keep me going for a while...

I'm still kind of undecided about watching Eva, but guess I might as well check it out (kind of ruined it for myself by watching the end first:P)

Funnily enough I already had daughter of a thousand faces on my list of stuff to watch... Might dip into that first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Lucky star FTFW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

andgoodbye wrote: »
    Lucky star FTFW

+1 FTULTIMATEW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

check out detonator orgun man. sehr gut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I would recommend Elfen Lied for those who hav'nt seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what about

gundam 00

innocent venus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I don't see Kiba on that list! I loved it. You may like it as well since you've seen a lot of the same ones I've seen.

Whenever I want to watch something random and new, I go to crunchyroll.com. They have a great selection there of classics and new and random stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Gungrave is very enjoyable. Check it out.

Advertisement