Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI wifi card issues..

Options
  • 03-08-2008 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just returned a Belkin PCI wireless G card. It worked ok.. Sometimes it would just lose its connection to the access point and when windows goings into a power save mode (monitors off but disks still spinning etc.) the card would lose the connection to the net...awful if downloading or moving large files across a network.. Also I have a funn feeling it was making my wireless mouse act strangely..

Is there issues with pci wifi cards and windows xp..does anybody have any gripes with Belkin stuff? I have a linksys router for the past two years which works great and I love it..

In yhour opinion are my problems associated with the belkin card or is it something else..

P.S. I did disable the enable this option to be powered off during power save mode in the device manager for the pci wifi card..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Most belkin gear is complete tat, get a Linksys or Netgear card and you should be sorted.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

as MC said belkin is crap, never use them anymore myself, too many dodgy cards, hubs etc.. a wireless G card is bog standard so you shouldn't be having those problems. I use this one myself, has always been solid clicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Thanks for clearing that up guys.. As I said before I really do like linksys so I will get one of them..Not from komplett (not paying postage) does anybody know of any online shops with free (or cheap) postage. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

was just using komplett as a reference, if you do find somewhere offering free postage let me know :D
    I think you'll have to have a look around a local computer sales shop or two, but in all likelyhood they'll only have crap in stock. maybe ebay's worth a look.

Advertisement