Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Believe In X-League.TV

Options
  • 03-08-2008 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey everyone,this is my first time on this part so take it easy!I posted this earlier on in the night on X-League.TV;

After hearing that X-League has pretty much been wiped off the face of the planet,you've gotta wonder what the hell is going on!?It has occured at a time when the hardcore gamers are in up roar about the casual gaming market,hence,you would think that there was a market for a programme like Muay Thai,I mean MotoCross,I mean Chick Fight,I mean crap 1940's films...wait,oh yeah,X-League.TV.The instant X-League.TV became Pulse a shiver went down my back as it truly did mean the death kneel.What started out so promising soon turned into a strange mix of The Fight Network and some God awful channel like,I dunno,ITV.So,where do we go from here?!the last truly great games programme I remember was Gamesmaster on C4.I thought that the likes of Wez and Larrys Top 10 (not the embarrising Reviewmaggedon),GamesNight,The Match were fully capable of capturing a new audience.Maybe I has naive,but there is a market.To cop The Dark Knight.............

I Believe In X-League.TV!

lets support it,instead of watch it die an unworthy death

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly I think the problem for me is that it's just pretty boring to watch other people play videogames. You can have all the production values, quality presenters and commentators but at the end of the day it's tough to make competitive gaming an interesting spectable, even for gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I always thought Gamesville on Sky One was savage! :p

Seriously though, the word "Douche" was invented for those presenters. The Championship Gaming Series is the only games show these days because it is competitve with large amounts of cash.

I dont like X-League because of what it does to teenagers in the UK, if you play a ranked game on FIFA chances are some 15 year old will say "Yeah im a pro fifa player." and i will say "Cool, What team do you represent?" and the response is "Im on X-League." Que laughter.

Well done mate. You paid £5 to join an online ladder. There are 2 pro FIFA players in the UK each on £12,000 a year contracts." Que silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I find watching the "matches" so boring. It'd be more fun to join a game and spectate than to hear commentators waffle on.

The likes of GamesNight, Wez and Larry, and even Trailblazers would benefit from being updated more often, rather than every fortnight. Game60 seems to be the only thing updated regularly, and that's too short (and the presenter can be annoying).

As for Chick Fight, motor cross etc... yes, they're rubbish. Even worse than repeats.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd rather watch the repeats.

Obviously (being the nocturnal forum mod) I am up late at night on my own. I used to watch the x league repeats quite happily for hours on end.

If I want to watch wrestling or cars there are much better, dedicated channels for them. There isn't for gaming.

Soon as there is some x league on at a time I can watch, I will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BarneyisRight

Yeah,it def had some faults with its choice of hosts and some of The Match's were absolute arse to watch.But,if it did more special features/programmes like Wez and Larry's Top 10,GamesNight etc it could be a strong product.Think Top Gear for gamers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement