Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Pokerfest 2008 ***Note change of date and events***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

anyone know wat time the monday tourney kicks off at ?? maybe im blind but cant seem to find it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I only make the omaha on Sunday....I just noticed it now . Cool.

How many expected for this. Anyone else playing this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

mick84 wrote: »
    Ticket for sale. Anyone interested ?

how much are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

700 + 5%. If you not happy we that can work something out.
    Ill just sent you my mobile number via private message Lets us know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

ticket sold.

• Advertisement

mick84 wrote: »
    ticket sold.

lol, I'm too slow... would have took it too.

no probs

Anyone else selling for the same deal?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I know of a couple of people who were willing to sell for 800 (no % retained). If you ring the poker desk and talk to Denise this evening she will be able to let you know if anyone is trying to sell one for that.

5starpool wrote: »
    I know of a couple of people who were willing to sell for 800 (no % retained). If you ring the poker desk and talk to Denise this evening she will be able to let you know if anyone is trying to sell one for that.

Tks Dom, but that sounds like a lot of people are not planning on playing. I was only interest if there was 50+ players. Maybe I'll go in tomorrow and see what the story is.

tks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wow - some good deals out there. I'd NEVER sell a ticket for more than 10% off and have sold a fair few in my time; Alex in the SE told me a few weeks ago someone won one of the €550 tickets in the Tues sat and immediately walked over to the top cash table, offering it to anyone there for €300! WTF?

I know, I told them they were mad tbh. I don't know why people play sats if they are going to sell them so discounted afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I know, I told them they were mad tbh. I don't know why people play sats if they are going to sell them so discounted afterwards.

stop tapping the tank Dom. Do you reckon I have a good shout of picking one up tonight for 800?

Hard to resist....

If anyone wants to sell for cash or cash and percentage pm me.

ionapaul wrote: »
    Wow - some good deals out there. I'd NEVER sell a ticket for more than 10% off and have sold a fair few in my time; Alex in the SE told me a few weeks ago someone won one of the €550 tickets in the Tues sat and immediately walked over to the top cash table, offering it to anyone there for €300! WTF?

ssshhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How did the EOM go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How did the EOM go?

don;t think anyone from boards won it as they'd have been on by now I assume.

ollyk1 wrote: »
    stop tapping the tank Dom. Do you reckon I have a good shout of picking one up tonight for 800?

Hard to resist....

If anyone wants to sell for cash or cash and percentage pm me.

No harm in asking. I'll be in tonight so can tell you who was selling for that last week if you want. I wouldn't say three is a good chance, but there is a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

Ill pay €800 for a ticket if anyone wants a quick sell. Will pay by transfer from FT,Stars or most IPoker skins.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

^^
    long shot, but me too.

Just got a text from the Fitz spam machine, and apparantly for the first 10 STT's tomorrow (from 2pm) they are only €55, so the club will make up the difference of 525 (I assume, says 500 on the text) on the ticket.

Just got a text from the Fitz spam machine, and apparantly for the first 10 STT's tomorrow (from 2pm) they are only €55, so the club will make up the difference of 525 (I assume, says 500 on the text) on the ticket.

wow!! gotta get a piece of that. Man the Fitz just keeps delivering. If only they hadn't shafted Luke I'd be perfectly at ease there

edit: And by they I of course meant the higher ups and not the hardworking and generally excellent poker staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

How did the EOM go?

94 Runners and the Fitz added a €1,075 ticket to the prize-pool.

I was happy enough with how I played myself, finished 13th (4 off the money). Never trust akkenny to deal a decent flop is all I am going to say :).

Winner was getting €7,500 + €1,075 ticket (aka an €800 ticket) for Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Nice overlay. Do you happen to know the structure of these STT's? I assume they will be pretty fast to get them over with.

No idea. The early ones will be better than the later ones, but I would not imagine they will be superb. I'd imagine 15 mins 2k chips maybe, but that is only a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

i think it's 3k with 20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Thanks, How early would you have to show up to guarantee a seat in one of these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'll be there - front-and-centre :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

So the fitz is putting out an added €5k worth of tickets over 10 st's ???
    Can we have someone from the fitz confirm this please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Shivverz wrote: »
    So the fitz is putting out an added €5k worth of tickets over 10 st's ???
    Can we have someone from the fitz confirm this please?

i agree - this 5starpool is a questionable individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

the exact txt read(if case you didn't get it):

"Fitzwilliam Card Club: 1 Table Satellites for Main Event EUR 55. Club contributes EUR 500 for 1st 10 satellites. Sat 2pm start. Reply STOP to remove from list."

So take what you can from that until someone from the fitz confirms it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

the exact txt read(if case you didn't get it):

"Fitzwilliam Card Club: 1 Table Satellites for Main Event EUR 55. Club contributes EUR 500 for 1st 10 satellites. Sat 2pm start. Reply STOP to remove from list."

So take what you can from that until someone from the fitz confirms it.

Anyone know if there's a cash alternative for anyone who has already luckboxed a ticket, or if there's no point in us prior luckboxes playing the STT sats?

• Advertisement

doke wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a cash alternative for anyone who has already luckboxed a ticket, or if there's no point in us prior luckboxes playing the STT sats?

No point I'd say......;):D

Advertisement