Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair growth???

Options
  • 03-08-2008 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I know your hair only realistically grows so much ever year, so forgive this stupid question BUT....

My hair is now ridiculously short at the moment thanks to a bleaching incident earlier this year:o

I'd like to get some length in it sooner rather later as its not the most feminine at the mo.

Does anybody know are there any supplements/shampoos/treatments that might speed the process up a bit??

It'd be nice to have a bob by xmas!!

Every cm would help;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

AFAIK your hair grows quicker when exposed to sunlight as the sebacous glands secrete more oil that helps it grow or something. Sit in sun or get some UV on your head.

I love your hair.
    You have great features, you definitely don't need a bob to look feminine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Hey there. One of my mates is a hairdresser and she used to wear extensions and bleach her hair quite a lot which left it damaged and broken. She started taking supplements that you can get in any health food shop to enhance her hair and nail growth, and she said they really worked for her. I don't have name but just wander into any health place and they'll probably have a few different types.

The only problematic side effect that she found though was that they also enhance her facial hair!!! She, like all of us, had very fine, invisible, golden hairs all over her face which she reckons became thicker and more noticeable while on the supplements. I guess it doesn't just effect the intended hair!!!

I've grown my hair quite long (about halfway down my back) over the last couple of years and and only thing that I can really recommend, though it sounds contradictory, is getting a regular trim. healthy hair that's not weighed down by split ends will grow faster. But make sure you find a hairdresser who knows what "trim" means!!!!

What used to baffle me when I had short hair (I had a really short cut for a few years, pretty much boy length) was that when i coloured it my roots always showed up way too fast yet I didn't notice my hair growing in length!!!

Advertisement