Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BB Speed Increase?

Options
  • 03-08-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Are their any rumours floating about of Irish Broadband increasing their speeds anytime soon?
    Every other ISP seems to be upgrading their products.. I havent heard anything about them though..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

With their recent merger I'd say a speed increase for customers is the last thing on their mind atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Doubt it :( stupid imagine... ill be moving to ntl the second it is available to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

well im aware that imagine acquired them recently.
    That would suggest to me they are wanting to beef up and got some cash to spend..

Tiesto wrote: »
    That would suggest to me they are wanting to beef up and got some cash to spend..

Doubt it imagine i dont think imagine will spend much cash upgrading.. also the breeze equipment is only capable of like 6mb :(

Haha, hardly. The reason the company was up for sale in the first place was because they were loosing money rapidly and NTR wanted to offload it.

Imagine are still trying to make IBB profitable...

• Advertisement

Doubt it imagine i dont think imagine will spend much cash upgrading.. also the breeze equipment is only capable of like 6mb :(

Is that true about the 6mb limit?
    I remember someone telling me they are capable of much more...

well Imagine hardly acquired them for their debt.
    There must be something IBB has that Imagine want..
    i recall reading a couple of years back about IBB investing in Wi max technology?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

On Imagine's website there is a little flash animation on the bottom right that announces they've acquired IBB and then goes on to say: "speeds of up to 100mb"- where are they pulling that figure from?
    https://www.imagine.ie/

i recall reading a couple of years back about IBB investing in Wi max technology?

Yea i also heard of this.. but havent heard anything in a couple of years.. i cant wait to move from them im jealous of all the ntl customers with there 20mb while im stuck on 3mb lol

To get a wider customer base, to reach more customers that can't get DSL. Also the flash ad is referring to DSL speeds, not Breeze speeds.

And yes, Imagine did aquire some of IBB's debt.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    . Also the flash ad is referring to DSL speeds, not Breeze speeds.
    What current dsl product gets to 100mb?? I wasn't referring to wireless anyway, the title of this thread is IBB speed increases in general.

rc28 wrote: »
    What current dsl product gets to 100mb??

Wah, wait I'm slow today. 100Mb?! That doesn't seem right...

Misprint perhaps?

Wah, wait I'm slow today. 100Mb?! That doesn't seem right...

Misprint perhaps?

That's what I'm thinking but if they did mean to say 10mb instead that would be wrong too as they don't offer any 10mb product- dsl is 6/12mb and no in-between product.

Maybe they have some fiber for corporate or something lol...

To get a wider customer base, to reach more customers that can't get DSL. Also the flash ad is referring to DSL speeds, not Breeze speeds.

And yes, Imagine did aquire some of IBB's debt.

thanks Achilles but i was looking for something more specific as opposed to their fundamentals.

Advertisement