Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K850i vs. C902

• 03-08-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭

I have a K800i at the moment but its on the blink so I ordered a K850 this morning after also considering the new C902. What drew me to the C902 was the Wifi capability but then what put me off the C902 was the lack of a xenon Flash :confused::confused:

Just wondering if anyone has experience of both of these phones? There isn't a huge difference in price between them and I have the option to change for the first 7 days so I would appreciate any feedback from here.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

you need to look @ what you use the phone for more, internet access or talking photo's.....

although while writing that sentence i started laughing, we've come a long way from teh main use of a phone being to make calls.

personally i'd go for the c902, its newer and smaller, and i think a better package in a handset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah I changed my order this morning, having read a few more reviews the K850i doesn't make enough of a leap from the K800i for me. The lack of xenon flash is annoying but acceptable given the other features the C902 has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i don't think the c902 has wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

MiCr0 wrote: »

I didn't think it did either.

Theres a lot of reports of iffy performance of the k850 camera. its also a lot bigger than the c902. I'd still go with the c902 I think.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Wait till October and get the Sony Ericsson C905 ...

• Advertisement

Ignore...

I see that the C905 has the xenon flash and an 8.1 MP camera, no sign of it on O2 site. Any idea what price it will be retailing at in October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

MiCr0 wrote: »
    It does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Cheers for the feedback guys. I received my K850 yesterday evening and I am pretty impresed with the design and feel of it. However i don't think it makes enough of a leap fromt the K800 which I have had for ages now.

I have to say I am not blown away by the camera, the flash seems to be very poor and doesn't produce great shots in the dark or twilight so my initial concerns about the LED flash on the C902 aren't bothering me anymore.

• Advertisement

The K850 is only getting so so reviews. The C902 seems to get better reviews.

Got my C902 today having returned a K850 to O2. Pretty impressed with it so far, has a very good quality feel to it and the camera is impressive.

The lack of a dedicated "Back" button takes some getting used to but it seems to be a good choice so far.

Anyone care to reccomend some good apps for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

How is the video on either a K850 or C902 in comparison to the K800i ?
    My wife has a K800i, great camera, atrocious video.
    would it be worth upgrading to a K850 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

long_b wrote: »
    How is the video on either a K850 or C902 in comparison to the K800i ?
    My wife has a K800i, great camera, atrocious video.
    would it be worth upgrading to a K850 ?
    c902 is outstanding in comparison to the k800i. Not up there with n95 yet but a massive leap with very noticable difference!

random wrote: »
    c902 is outstanding in comparison to the k800i. Not up there with n95 yet but a massive leap with very noticable difference!

Its about a quarter of the size of a n95

Whats different about the back button?

Advertisement