Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online IBAN Eurozone transfer?

Options
  • 03-08-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience with a bank which offers immediate online transfer to Eurozone countries?

BOI have a facility but it requires you to first register the recipient online, then wait for a letter with an activation code to be sent out, before you can complete the transfer - it would be quicker to go into the bank and fill out the standard form.

Does any other bank offer a less convoluted and quicker way of doing a transfer online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

If you go into a BOI branch there is a small charge too, think its 50 cent or 23 euro for a faster version. (next day?)

Takes forever for that activation code to arrive too, took about ten days when I tried last month. Dont know of anything else except maybe Western Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the transfer isn't immediate iirc. the charge for a standard transfer online (using aib) is 0 you can choose an express option but you pay 12.50

The last time I did a transfer to Germany it was 0.75 for a standard and 25 for an express. I've never had to "Register" a user, as you just fill in the details for the receiver including swift and IBAN number. However to confirm the transfer I think you need a code card which AIB send you for use with online banking.

Also the standard transfer is a minimum of 3-4 days to transfer, whereas the express is as soon as possible, within the banks own time limits i.e. a cutoff time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Zaphod wrote: »
    Has anyone experience with a bank which offers immediate online transfer to Eurozone countries?

BOI have a facility but it requires you to first register the recipient online, then wait for a letter with an activation code to be sent out, before you can complete the transfer - it would be quicker to go into the bank and fill out the standard form.

Does any other bank offer a less convoluted and quicker way of doing a transfer online?

AIB allow you to do it without any convolution with their onlineb banking...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Hi Zaphod, I have used the BOI euro transfer and it works ok . Like you said you have to register the account first then when you get the security code your in business. Money takes a cupla days to arrive so pretty much the same as in branch IBAN. Handy service though if you need to do regular transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

gernon wrote: »
    Hi Zaphod, I have used the BOI euro transfer and it works ok . Like you said you have to register the account first then when you get the security code your in business. Money takes a cupla days to arrive so pretty much the same as in branch IBAN. Handy service though if you need to do regular transfers.

I can see the benefit of the BOI approach if you're making regular payments to the same company. But I make fairly regular mail-order purchases from different companies in Germany so if I had to register a new recipient every time and wait for the letter, it would sort of defeat the purpose.

I'll try out the AIB system.

Thanks to all the above for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭newbusiness

National Irish **** let you do Eurozone IBAN transfers for free online with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I've used AIB internet banking loads of times, to transfer to banks in the UK and Germany. Takes about 3 working days to hit the recipient account, but it's easy and free.

Advertisement