Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What defines "farmer"

Options
  • 03-08-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

What makes you a farmer in terms of help and advice or grants from government bodies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

For most people it's a herd number. And maybe a minimum acreage. It's not like someone with a row of carrots in their back garden can just go in a apply for a single farm payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

for REPS grant i think u need 3 hectares or just under 8 acres. u can lease that but have to be able to show a commitment to it for 5 years so realistically thats a 6 or 7 year lease. erm i think if you have an off farm income thats taken into account. for the SFP you might get something from the national reserve if you have no entitlements already. i think it depends if you are over or under 35. in terms of education there is a list of qualifying courses on www.teagasc.ie

Advertisement