Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai shut down Spraoi gig

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i'm not bashing the law, more criticising the gardai's decision to shut the gig down.

Even thought they were called in to sort the mess out? Clearly Garter Lane had problems, and they had no choice but to shut it down.
    hang on now, i didn't use the word retard in an offensive manner like you did. i was merely referring to your comment.

As was I. I said your accusation, which is your comment, was retarded. Like you did back to me.
    i never said you weren't entitled to your views. you don't seem to think i'm entitled to my views about the matter though.

You are as long as there valid. Garda bashing isn't valid.
    :rolleyes: who are you to be demanding apologies eh.

A poster who thinks your post was outrageous. You made a stupid accusation and you got it wrong. Its not very mature to refuse to withdraw it and apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Cabaal wrote: »
    Ok so the Gardai are called by the owners of the property to sort out trouble, they Gardai make the decision to shutdown the venue as the best way to resolve the problems peacefully.

Would you prefer their was actual trouble and people's safetly was put at risk, I certainly wouldn't!

well if it was the case that garter lane requested the gardai to shut down the gig, then fair enough, gardai only did as requested.

of course i wouldn't prefer trouble then shutting it down. i don't think it was necessary to shut it down. if anything, shutting it down could have been dangerous. luckily though everyone was in great form and there was just singing and booing, no harm done.
    As was I. I said your accusation, which is your comment, was retarded. Like you did back to me.
    :confused: i'm not sure what you mean, i wasn't calling your comment retarded. this is what i said: "you are being very confrontational for a mod, especially with the retard comment." i was only referring to your comment "retarded accusation" - i wasn't suggesting that anything you said was retarded.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bah, doesnt matter - alpha is upset we are even using the term.The term is harmless in the context both of us have used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ep1k-w1n wrote: »
    <snip - removed comment without proof>

I think your going to have to prove that......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Apropos of nothing at all, here's something some people here might like to read - Bob Altemeyer's The Authoritarians
    For example, take the following statement: “Once our government leaders and the authorities condemn the dangerous elements in our society, it will be the duty of every patriotic citizen to help stomp out the rot that is poisoning our country from within.” [...] Want to guess how many politicians, how many lawmakers in the United States agreed with it? Want to guess what they had in common?

I am, of course, joking with respect to this thread :) However, Altemeyer's rather odd but very entertaining short book/long article is well worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

ep1k-w1n wrote: »
    <snip - removed comment without proof>

Lol. I call BS.

Unless you can prove it, especially with a scanned copy of the letter you mentioned, signed by the Super in the Garda barracks.

Hahahaha. I heard this rumour too. There was another rumour that no metal gigs were to be held in Waterford because they bring violence to the streets, but again, no proof of the letter.

ep1k-w1n; When you have proof, come back to me or Fajitas! with it and we will consider putting your post live again. Until then, it remains deleted. Your other statement about the past, has already been covered by the OP in a much older thread.

Remember folks, read the charter before posting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm actually worried that there's people that have this big a problem with the Gardai and Authority,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Why is this thread still going? The OP's question was answer everything after that has been mindless babbling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm actually worried that there's people that have this big a problem with the Gardai and Authority,

I gathered that from your "Location" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

turly wrote: »
    I gathered that from your "Location" :D

nah I'm just CEO of Authoritarian Inc, just a joke at some user who refereed to me as Authoritarian cause I banned them for being a muppet :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

was anybody arrested? did the people breaking the law get dealth with ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ec18 wrote: »
    Why is this thread still going? The OP's question was answer everything after that has been mindless babbling

and there was a fair bit of drunken mud slinging as well...;) Think there's a few of us wished this post was locked a long time ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Looks to me like criminal damage, and unlawful consumtion of alcohol took place at what was ment to be a FAMILY event. The Gardai shut it down before it got out of hand. Once again a handful of gob****es ruined it on the mass, and the Guards get the blame.

This could have gone the other way completly. What if the guards did nothing? Those drinking and damaging buildings would have gotten drunker and more aggressive. Eventually, childern at this "family event" could of been hurt, or a riot could have broken out. It only takes a small number to start something off. Fair play to the guards, they did their job.

OP maybe you should have found out why the event was closed down BEFORE coming on here to blame the Guards.
    Perhaps your dissatisifaction should be directed at the people who caused the problem, forcing it to be shut down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Spraoi is supposed to be a family event..

Im not accusing anyone of anything, However at about 7pm.. 7.30pm that night about 6 or 7 lads and ladies arrived out the back of Geoffs complaining about the gig being pulled.. and all of them had jaws swinging like pendulums....

doing Bangers at 6 or 7 in the evening at a Family event?

Theres your answer.. same as most things.. the actions of a few ruin it for everyone.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

the management of Garter Called the Gardai

people were causing damage - drunk and disorderly -
    and the possibility of drugs involved

Gardai just cleared the premises -
    Garter lane staff called a halt to the gig

Pity people cant behave at a public event!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

I was own at it, have to say it was great down there, everyone was dancing and having a good time....yeah of course there was a few people who were breaking bottle off walls and getting rowdy but I think theses people should have been taken from the premises rather than closing it down. There def was people there on drugs looking at it from a sober point it was fairly obvious
    :o

Advertisement