Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Tattoos

Options
  • 03-08-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

This thread could go down like a lead balloon, but here goes.
    I think we need a thread where we can be excited about our upcoming tattoo. Maybe you want to post the pic you're planning to get or just want to talk about your exitement or nervourness with others in the same position.
    I booked my tattoo yesterday in tattoo zoo in Cork. I'm getting it done on the 21st August. It's my first tattoo so i'm very scared! But a bit excited too. I dont have the pic saved on this pc but it's a tribal pheonix design I'm getting it at the top of my back. It's gonna cost €160

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i have waaaay too many planned! my next one will probably be 3 stars behind my ears, along my hairline, im gonna treat myself for my birthday soon and im pretty darn excited!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 --pout--

Getting a lily tattoo in memory of my gran, whos name was lily! Can't wait to get it done, although i haven't totally made up my mind where to place it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

My next appointment is just to finish up the one on my back. Thats in about 2 weeks.

The next proper one will be a biomech sleeve, i was talking to Danny Bullman about doing it last week. I just have to sort out what kind of stuff i want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I keep thinking about it! My boyfriend keeps trying to freak me out telling me about it bleeding and hurting n stuff so i'm scared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mannioc00

Hi

I Have overseas visitor who wants to get a tattoo. I havent a clue where to ring fro an appointment. Can any of you recommend a clean place that does nice work. (If it all goes wrong I will never hear the end) in Dublin.

If you have links/phone numbers/an address for the tattoo parlour that would be brill.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what style of tattoo do you want.... basic info is needed and appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mannioc00

Thanks for answering, I think a small simple design is what he wants. The other guys wants 2 tattoos. By the way they are both from India so their skin is dark.

Thanks
    c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

...what style do you want? a small design could be done in a huge array of ways.
    tribal, portrait, biomech, old school etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thinking of getting a tat pretty soon. Never really considered it before, but over the last while it's kinda growing on me.

Was thinking of getting it done on my stomach, just below the belly button on the left side.

Anyone have any rough guess as to how much it might cost? recommend an artist parhaps?

love.gif

GrumPy wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a tat pretty soon. Never really considered it before, but over the last while it's kinda growing on me.

Was thinking of getting it done on my stomach, just below the belly button on the left side.

Anyone have any rough guess as to how much it might cost? recommend an artist parhaps?

love.gif
    What does it mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

phi3 wrote: »
    What does it mean?

HIV Positive

:pac:

(it means love)

Cant believe i'll have my tattoo in 48 hours. It doesnt seem real. Had to ask for an hour off today to get it done. Told them i'm going to the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 curazylady

hey new to this :) !
    had an idea for a new tattoo bu wana get peoples opinion on it.. cuz im not fully decided on it yet... am thinkin of gettin a line from a poem on or near enough to my ankle...
    "tread softly because you tread on my dreams"
    ders no real reason behnd it just that i love that poem and i think its a real nice line.....
    my first tattoo is in white ink and i love it so much so was thinkin of maybe gettin this one in white aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

get it in text speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

edit - a rant about "gay" tattoos, now obsolete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

To the above poster* get whatever you want don't worry what everyone else will think. I know quite a few who have gotten that done and they are not gay, never heard of it being associated with it either. Go for it!! :)

My tatt is still at the drawing boards stage, designing it myself. I made the mistake of getting a sh!tty tattoo at 16 with no planning gone into it so this one will kinda cover it up plus go up my back to the top in sections.
    Thinking of black flowers but with designs also, maybe tribal - haven't seen a better type of design for it.
    My names Flora hence wanting to get flowers done.

I can't wait!! :D

Edit hmm post deleted* And while I think of it does anyone know of a decent place in Midlands/Dublin/Galway that could do a decent job on it and don't charge extorsionate prices?

Thanks in advance :)

Cant believe i'll have my first tattoo this time tomorrow!!! Well i should, depending how long it takes. I'm going in at 5.30 shud be more or less done this time tomorrow aaaaagh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

phi3 wrote: »
    Cant believe i'll have my first tattoo this time tomorrow!!! Well i should, depending how long it takes. I'm going in at 5.30 shud be more or less done this time tomorrow aaaaagh :eek:

Just wait til you're in the waiting room :p

You'll be fine though !! Be sure to take a pic and add it here, it sounds lovely.

Flojo wrote: »
    Just wait til you're in the waiting room :p

You'll be fine though !! Be sure to take a pic and add it here, it sounds lovely.

Thanks. Ya i know. I think the waiting will be worse than the tattoo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 curazylady

does ne1 know in or around what danny bulmans prices r like??
    and do all tattoo places do tattoos all in white ink?

• Advertisement
Advertisement