Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 200 vs Nuvi 250 maps.

• 03-08-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the Ireland map on the nuvi 200 is the same as the Ireland map on the 250 which also has European maps. The 200 is available locally for 120.00 which is a good price but I like the idea of having the European maps also (with the 250) even though I may rarely use them. At the end of the day however I would prefer to have the best map available for Ireland.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The UK/Ireland maps are identical on all of the Nuvi series. If there's any possibility that you will need maps of Europe then buy the 250 as in order to upgrade the maps on a 200 for (e.g.) France you'll need to buy an SD card with all of Europe and that will be more expensive to buy than the difference in price between a 200 and a 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Thank you Coylemj. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I will take your suggestion on the 250 as if the Ireland maps are identical then for the few euro more I will have Europe as well. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Just to let people know that Pixmania are doing a good deal on the 250 at the moment - 129.00 + 12.90 postage. Halfords are doing the 200 for 119.99 so it's definitely worth the extra 22 euro to get the European maps.

Advertisement