Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force 32 glow plugs + some allen/hex keys

Options
  • 03-08-2008 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

While tuning the engine two glow plugs failed on me so I'll have to get another now. Is there a particular type I need for the ofna force 32?

Also, one of my allen keys head is rounded so much it won't even tighten a screw anymore so it's time to get a right set.

I want to keep the costs down. ie. budget set if possible. I notice though that some sets have interchangeable heads. Would I be a fool not to go for this type?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Got myself this set over a year ago..
    http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/deluxe_driver_168mm_(flp0009)-p-486.html
    I put them through alot of abuse and no sign of rounding the tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

syl77 wrote: »
    Got myself this set over a year ago..
    http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/deluxe_driver_168mm_(flp0009)-p-486.html
    I put them through alot of abuse and no sign of rounding the tops.

I can vouch for them.
    I had a set and unfortunately dropped the 1.5 mm one which was vital to my kit and broke the tip off it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hate that, the hardened steel will break if it falls on concrete.
    And the 1.5mm is the most handy one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Good tools are a life long investment. Buy cheap and you normally end up buying twice. Also its important to use tools for their intended function. A screw driver is for loosening/tightening screws not for forcing things open.

Unfortunately the market is flooded with poor grade so called 'High Quality' tools. Hudy tools remain one of the best tips on the market although Xceed and EDS tips are very good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

bonisio wrote: »
    Good tools are a life long investment. Buy cheap and you normally end up buying twice. Also its important to use tools for their intended function. A screw driver is for loosening/tightening screws not for forcing things open.

Unfortunately the market is flooded with poor grade so called 'High Quality' tools. Hudy tools remain one of the best tips on the market although Xceed and EDS tips are very good also.

I picked up a set worth about 18 or 19 euro for 10 euro on a forum so they'll do for now.

I haven't been in the hobby long enough to justify spending enough on tools to last me for years so they will do for now.

I'll remember those brands for the future though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

vectra wrote: »
    I can vouch for them.
    I had a set and unfortunately dropped the 1.5 mm one which was vital to my kit and broke the tip off it.

I forgot the important part...!! :o

I then went ahead and bought a set of Xceed tools from HobbiesIreland. ( Bonisio )
    Excellent tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

The tools are nice (heavy & strong) and arrived quickly - was very happy.

Can anybody demyth the glow plug thing for me though? I'm down to my last one and don't know which ones I should be ordering.

Any of these http://toys.search.ebay.ie/glow-plugs_Radio-Controlled_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ2562

Advertisement