Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gutted for Massa

• 03-08-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

After that excellent start and a solid race he deserved that win .. I feel his pain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I'm not a great fan of massa, but blowing up his engine. I felt sorry for him, with only 3 laps to go.
    At least the championship is still close.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

reminded me of damon hill with his problems there 11 years ago. Ironic that he was commentating today....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It was a funny day for a race.

The puncture for Hamilton, the Massa engine and the three fires during refuelling.

It is a ****e way to win your first GP too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

A win is a win is a win. Delighted for Kovi and Timo Glock, or Tim Ó Glock as he was called at Jordan.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I feel very sorry for Massa after such a good start and a solid race. His engine failure with 3 laps to go was very unlucky. Thankfully there are 7 races left in the championship and is still close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    reminded me of damon hill with his problems there 11 years ago. Ironic that he was commentating today....!

Damon was leading the race in the equivalent of a Force India at the time though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    Jesus eleven years ago! I feel old

It was a funny day for a race.

The puncture for Hamilton, the Massa engine and the three fires during refuelling.

I'll bet that the fins sticking out the back of the engine covers that most teams were using had something to do with those fires

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'll bet that the fins sticking out the back of the engine covers that most teams were using had something to do with those fires
    Care to explain this hypothesis?

• Advertisement

Fuel that would have normally splashed over the engine cover harmlessly may have been deflected back towards the exhaust where It would ignite. This is presuming that a small spillage is common at fuel stop. Its just a theory

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fuel that would have normally splashed over the engine cover harmlessly may have been deflected back towards the exhaust where It would ignite. This is presuming that a small spillage is common at fuel stop. Its just a theory
    Surely if it had slashed over the cover, you'd be looking at a blaze starting at the far exhaust.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Ockham's Razor so I'll go with a faulty batch of pumps (or components thereof) or conditions peculiar to the setup in Hungary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

I wouldn't think so now. Red Bull have been running the 'shark fin' since the start of the season and haven't had any fires. Plus, as far as I know the nozzles are meant to be completely sealed as soon as they disengage from the car so there shouldn't be any leak. Fires are pretty rare in F1 nowadays so to get 3/4 in one race is very unusual. There doesn't seem to be a common explanation coming from the teams so it is a bit of a puzzler but at least they were only small fires.

Advertisement