Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm

Options
  • 03-08-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Can anyone help?
    I have a aritech 3008 house alarm, it's now showing 'low battery' I managed to remove the front cover of the control box with the intention of replacing same, Guess what? no battery in sight!
    Anyone any idea where it is!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have an Aritech CS3008 Keypad.The Alarm is probobly a CS350.
    The battery is in the control panel not the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Alarmist

Many thanks for that, as you can see I'm an amature at this!
    Do I need to turn off the mains power to replace battery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

No just disconnect old battery and replace simple as that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

g.quagmire wrote: »
    No just disconnect old battery and replace simple as that

Terrible advice...
    Always disconect mains when opening anything with live mains inside. Especially something you are unfamiliar with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

In all fairness its only a panel what harm could you do replacing a battery?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

g.quagmire wrote: »
    In all fairness its only a panel what harm could you do replacing a battery?
    For your average competent person not much harm. For a person who doesn't know their arse from their elbow it could mean electrocution.

For your average competent person not much harm. For a person who doesn't know their arse from their elbow it could mean electrocution.

Exactly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Alarmist

Thanks for advise , lads,

Point taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Well said, but the OP should remember that once the mains is turned off the settings in the panel may revert to factory settings - under normal circumstances the battery will keep the settings but if it's going to be disconnected . . . ?! All install specific parameters may need to be reinserted by an accredited installer to comply with any insurance policy you have on the premises. These would include entry/exit zone and time out, knock and attack settings on inertia contacts, bell time out etc. etc.

Speaking of which, most insurance companies require you to have a maintenance contract on any alarm fitted which is subject to premium discounts. If you have one then better to get them to do the job.

ZEN

ZENER wrote: »
    Well said, but the OP should remember that once the mains is turned off the settings in the panel may revert to factory settings - under normal circumstances the battery will keep the settings but if it's going to be disconnected . . . ?! All install specific parameters may need to be reinserted by an accredited installer to comply with any insurance policy you have on the premises. These would include entry/exit zone and time out, knock and attack settings on inertia contacts, bell time out etc. etc.

Speaking of which, most insurance companies require you to have a maintenance contract on any alarm fitted which is subject to premium discounts. If you have one then better to get them to do the job.

ZEN
    The insurance part is true.. The rest isn't unless its a very old system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

koolkid wrote: »
    The insurance part is true.. The rest isn't unless its a very old system

An unkind reply without something else to back it up ?!

I did say "MAY" - I was highlighting the POSSIBILITY that the OP might be taking on more than he/she realises. The CS350 is a fairly old panel anyway so it could well be there more than 5 or 6 years which is the usual life of a lead acid sealed battery in such conditions. The system is probably due a service call anyway.

ZEN

ZENER wrote: »
    An unkind reply without something else to back it up ?!

I did say "MAY" - I was highlighting the POSSIBILITY that the OP might be taking on more than he/she realises. The CS350 is a fairly old panel anyway so it could well be there more than 5 or 6 years which is the usual life of a lead acid sealed battery in such conditions. The system is probably due a service call anyway.

ZEN
    The CS350 will not lose any settings if powered down. It is only the much more basic systems like the CP32 or CP33 that would default & on these systems it would just be a matter of reprogramming the code anyway in most cases.

Advertisement