Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wispas back for good

• 03-08-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

huzzah

http://www.breakingnews.ie/Business/mhqlcwmhmhkf/rss2/
    Cadbury is to bring back the Wispa chocolate bar for good after a campaign on social networking websites demanded its return.

The chocolate company said 20 million bars were sold in seven weeks during a trial limited run last year.

The project to bring back the aerated chocolate bar has seen thousands join groups on sites such as Facebook and MySpace dedicated to its return.

Cadbury spokesperson Tony Bilsborough said: “Wispa is a true icon loved by its fans everywhere.

“We brought it back temporarily to see if the desire was genuine, but fans are still rallying so we took the decision to bring it back for good.

“We know others have looked at Wispa and tried to copy its success by bringing back other brands, but we don’t believe anyone has managed to recreate the same excitement.”

The bar will return to permanent sale on October 6 and cost 45p. It originally cost 16p.

Wispa was first brought out in 1981 for a trial in the North East. The bar with a bubbly centre was seen by many as a rival to Nestle’s Aero bar with the slogan “Bite it and Believe It”.

Television adverts included Yes Minister’s Paul Eddington and Nigel Hawthorne, Victoria Wood and Julie Walters and Hi-De-Hi’s Simon Cadell and Ruth Madoc.

Sales began to fall in the 1990s and it went out of production in 2003 as Cadbury concentrated on other brands.

i'm taking a day off when they're released, buying two boxes and eating them all.

wispas rock.

Comments

So... what about Wispa Gold?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I too want wispa gold, so good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While i too want Wispa Gold back, the normal one will do for now. I'm gonna eat a whole lot of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Great news.

Wispa Gold ftw.

Social Networking?

What sites are they then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

From what I've read, Wispa Gold and Wispa Mint will be available as limited editions when original Wispa is back on the market. Woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

i cant wait they are my favourite chocolate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Last year when they brought them back for a limited time, they used to sell out in the shop in college in a matter of hours, great to hear they are back for good.

You cannot beat a wispa dunked into a hot cup of tea - yummmm.......and that cadburys bubble - just not the same and as for aeros - yuck!!!

Long live the wispa I say, long live the wispa!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

Oooohhhhhhhhhhh wispa mint!!! Uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Mmmmm mintalicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Des wrote: »
    Great news.

Wispa Gold ftw.

Social Networking?

What sites are they then?

MyFace or something like that.

My space and facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

This thread has made my day..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

This thread has made my day..

Welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yay \o/ !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That's Cadbury UK. Cadbury Ireland are bringing it back too but it will only be for a limited time. They see it as a way of capturing huge sales volume ( a la creme eggs) at a slow time of year, before they get ready for christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

Its actaully coming back for good - ref www.wispa.co.uk being re-released in oct this year forever!! Yeahhhhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Onkle wrote: »
    That's Cadbury UK. Cadbury Ireland are bringing it back too but it will only be for a limited time. They see it as a way of capturing huge sales volume ( a la creme eggs) at a slow time of year, before they get ready for christmas.

After consulting with my source again, he's not 100% if it's coming back for good. It will be out in October but Cadbury Ireland haven't made a decision yet [/Hearsay]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Had a Wispa McFlurry in London today. Amazing! Hope they come out here soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

*nyom*

they better bring back wispa gold. they can keep the coffee wispa tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Onkle wrote: »

Ah here, Cadburys UK, Ireland or whatever... make up yer bleedin' minds! ^_^

Creme Eggs area an abomination! i occasionally have them and kind of enjoy them. But it's so synthetic tasting i usually feel sick afterwards. It's a sick form of enjoyment, one might say :P

Advertisement