Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumbled up font information

Options
  • 03-08-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

Why is my last post all jumbled up with font information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

The Raven. wrote: »
    Do you think they waited until after kildare.ie won the LAMA Award for "Best Use of External Communications"? While KCC are basking in the glory of this prestigious Award, they have taken away the entire online communication from the residents of all the towns in Co. Kildare by removing the discussion forums. There is something not quite right about this!

The Local Authority Members’ Association (LAMA) represents elected councillors nationwide. They play a pivotal role in local government, being charged with representing their constituents in local issues, providing leadership within the community and being responsible for the provision of local services. Cited from connect

I meant this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No idea.

Not really something that can be answered on this forum. Moved to Helpdesk.

[Admins - thread split from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055252523]

Thanks, BuffyBot. I will await a reply.

Can someone please help me with this problem? I continues to appear in my signature and in some of my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm not sure if you can have your own choice of font anymore, it could have been removed due to being mildly pointless and rather annoying having a different font in posts/threads.

• Advertisement

Thanks, Gordon. I didn't actually want a different font. I probably originally wrote out my signature and some of my posts in MS Word before posting. In that case I would have assumed that the font here was Verdana like other forums. I think that may be the source of the problem. Could you tell me what the font is here, because I don't see any way of checking it and if I cut and paste it to MS Word it comes up as Verdana?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Gordon wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you can have your own choice of font anymore, it could have been removed due to being mildly pointless and rather annoying having a different font in posts/threads.
    As above.

The problem you're having usually occurs when people try to copy/paste from a Word document or something into the WYSIWYG editor.

You might be able to resolve this by changing to the standard editor (see button circled in red below) when posting.

change_editor.gif

I will try this and see what happens.

Well that didn't work, so I'm trying it with the button on the other side.

No luck so far. Do I have to go and change my signature?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If the editor is in "Standard Mode" it won't copy text formatting, etc. If it's still putting in the font tags then you're still in "WYSIWYG" mode.

The [a/A] button is the one you want to be clicking to switch. Also, importantly, you will need to paste in after you've changed the mode. Or, alternatively, you can select all the text while in Standard Mode (where you'll be able to see the font tags etc) and then click the "Remove formatting" button on the other side of the editor.

It is only happening with the signature at this stage.

Problem solved. Thanks for all your help. I edited the font details out of my signature. I will also bear in mind all the info about cut and paste.

Advertisement