Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backpackers essentials

• 03-08-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Ok off to Austrilia for 4 weeks, what are the essentials to take with me

sleeeping bag
    sandles
    phone charger
    ipod
    sun screen
    shorts

what else would be handy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

unless your planning on going camping i wouldent bother with the sleeping bag. most hostels wont let you use them as they can spread bedbugs :(
    and they supply bed linen anyway.
    if you forget anything youl have no bother getting it out there, and it will probably be cheaper anyway with the currency exchange at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

It really depends on what you are going to be doing over there.....When I was in oz we spent a lot of time hiking and similar so if you are planning on doing that bring a decent pair of walking shoes/boots.

And insect repellent!!!

But like I say it really depends on what you are going to be doing for the four weeks. Have fun though :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I had one of those travel towels. Basically a very large J-cloth for drying yourself, but folded up teeny in the bag. Dead handy, dry in minutes.
    That and a wine bottle opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

I had one of those travel towels. Basically a very large J-cloth for drying yourself, but folded up teeny in the bag. Dead handy, dry in minutes.
    That and a wine bottle opener.

I'm looking at buying a travel towel myself, but I've read there's lots of bad ones. Can you, or someone else, suggest a good brand to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Lifeventure towels they are a little softer than most have a large and a small with me for over 9 months.

Get a multi charger that can charge phone and Ipod

Good shades buy a hat there better range :)

Spacey lou has a good one the most DEET containing insect repellent you can get or Aerogard in Oz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

im bringing a mini first aid kit, small refillable bottles for shampoos and the like and antibac hand gell...the kind you dont need water for, to use after being on metros in restaurants etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Australia is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy sunscreen and it rubs in better than any you'd find here. Personally wouldn't bother with a sleeping bag either. i had a sleep sheet with me and I never even used that!
    Travel towel is a good idea, maybe travel speakers if you'll be on the road and a good penknife.

Advertisement