Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are they building.....

Options
  • 03-08-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

on rockwood parade in sligo, anyone know, big hole in the gound beside the ESB building, is it shops, flats or a bit of both, is it anything to do with works going on on castle street

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was wondering that too, someone told me it was going to be a underground carpark and then a shop and apartments above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Is that the back of the development at Woods'

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Thats the one I'm talking about, I don't think there is another big development there, but I haven't been there in a while so there could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Is that the back of the development at Woods'

Correct me if I'm wrong...

if thats the place arcross from castle street PO and centra, then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It was supposed to be a large pub, shop units, offices and appartments. It may change before it's finished. It's being developed by the people who own Toff's and the Belfry.

• Advertisement

possible superpub/music venue then

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A music venue would be great.

there was a good music venue arcross from it

:(

back on topic, heard something about shopping as well, although thought that was just for the woods site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Isn't there something on the shop window that says there is a possibility of a large department style store...which we have discussed in the past and have mentioned Heatons to go in there.There has also been rumors of a large superpub/music venue but I have a feeling that was turned down....Don't quote me on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Isn't there something on the shop window that says there is a possibility of a large department style store...which we have discussed in the past and have mentioned Heatons to go in there.There has also been rumors of a large superpub/music venue but I have a feeling that was turned down....Don't quote me on that though.
    Mmmm, the department store rumour was what I heard *crosses fingers and hopes for Heatons or M&S*

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote: »
    Mmmm, the department store rumour was what I heard *crosses fingers and hopes for Heatons or M&S*

wouldn't mind an M&S food court, although that is also rumoured for else where in town as well

fozzle wrote: »

Me too!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    wouldn't mind an M&S food court, although that is also rumoured for else where in town as well

This is not just overpriced cafe food, This is M&S overpriced cafe food.:D

Big_Mac wrote: »

<groans>

Big_Mac wrote: »

Yes but its lovely!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

magnumlady wrote: »
    Yes but its lovely!!:D
    Indeed - their cookies are possibly to die for - they're certainly to kill for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    <groans>

Its not just any groan, its an M&S Groan..... You Should have seen that coming really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Guys, banter to the chit chat thread please

Advertisement