Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scumbag smokers listen up...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

People will always smoke, and people will always moan about them. In the UK they have now found since the smoking ban they can smell B.O. and other things! :eek: At least the smoke used to mask those!

I have smoked since I was 9 years old, and I am now 42, I have no serious smoking related illnesses and am not even too much overwieght. (well a little, I'm 5ft 10ins and 14st!) I will continue to smoke until I am told not to by a doctor. BTW I noticed at Beaumont the other day about 20 doctors & nurses smoking outside! (Mmmmm......nurses......sorry back on topic!)

Mrs Spider smokes but a fair few of my ex's didn't, they never told me to give up. So that blows the hate smokers theory! OP get out more and stop whinging, I'm sure there are a few things you do that smokers don't like, and even some non smokers as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

jaysus... lots of point missing going on here

OP doesnt want smokers to stop smoking.. just to smoke outside and not block doors. seems pretty reasonable..

you smoking types need to chill the píss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Ah yes, posting on an interweb forum ... that will learn 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

king-stew wrote: »
    3 requests:

1: stop standing in doorways having your smoke, im sick of walkin through a cloud of smoke to get into a shop/pub.....disgusting.

2: stop lighting the smoke on the way out of places, wait till your outside before lighting it up!!!

3: the most annoying is when your outside somewhere smoking(in the doorway of course) and take your last puff and dont wait the extra second to blow out the smoke outside....oh no...ya walk into wherever it is and release a lungfull of smoke that me and the rest of the non smokers have to stomach!

so bloody well stop it!! we can smell your lung smoke easy so have some consideration, poulluting the place yous are....horrible people....:p
    Actually, all 3 of those offenses are against the law. Read the ban: it sets how far away you must be from a doorway.
    Jesus, I thought smokers were supposed to be laid-back
    yea right, they need fags just to keep their head in check. Watching them try and go without them for a couple days is both sad and highly amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I quit smoking a few weeks back so im gonna jump on me high horse too..

2 Facts about smoking
    - all smokers are scumbags.
    - smoking funds terrorism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im pretty sure some peadophiles smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

:rolleyes: the worst kind...
    @ OP The smell of smoke beats that of your hairy armpits. Now finish up your drink and take your custom elsewhere.

Hitler was a virulent anti-smoker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

Do you know what wrecks my head.....? Your in the smoking area chatting to a hot smoker, your non-smoker friends come out to the smoking area and are like "do you mind not blowing that smoke in my face" EXCUSE ME! ITS THE SMOKING AREA - GO AWAY!!!!!!!

Flaming cheek:confused:

Im more irritated by the fake little cough they do to show their discomfort. Non smokers should stay indoors minding the coats and screaming over the music while we chat and laugh outside! It is the order of things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Indeed, enjoy the fresh air while your lungs still function.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I don't smoke that often, so I can empathise with the non-smokers and I do try to keep my habit to myself, for example I will only exhail up, not across the room and possibly into someones face, and I hate getting a facefull of smoke.

However I don;t fully agree with the OP's second point here. If I am in a pub and am going outside for a smoke with a pint in one hand I will spark up just inside the place as with no free hands it's not easy to block the wind and light the ciggie. I make sure to exhail when outside though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

While I understand the sentiments of the original poster I think it is over the top to label us smokers as scum... only some of us are. I meet lots of lovely smokers outside bars etc. We have a bond that non-smokers cannot understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Shaws wrote: »
    Do you know what wrecks my head.....? Your in the smoking area chatting to a hot smoker, your non-smoker friends come out to the smoking area and are like "do you mind not blowing that smoke in my face" EXCUSE ME! ITS THE SMOKING AREA - GO AWAY!!!!!!!

Flaming cheek:confused:
    It probably wrecks their head that you have decided to rename "the beer garden" to "the smoking area". The law was to protect workers, it was not intended to force all people not smoking at a particular time to be incarcerated inside, and encouraging people to be arseholes when smoking. Most smokers I know do not like smoke being blown in their face either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

boneless wrote: »
    We have a bond that non-smokers cannot understand.
    A free entry into the lung cancer lottery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Lol.

I love the way people have a warped view of the actual dangers of cigarettes.

If you're smoking daily, then yes there is a risk, but my God, inhaling a small amount of second hand smoke is not going to damage your health in any measurable way. Passive smoking only becomes a legitimate concern in an enclosed space with lots of smokers, which is what the smoking ban eliminated .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Lol.

If you're smoking daily, then yes there is a risk, but my God, inhaling a small amount of second hand smoke is not going to damage your health in any measurable way. Passive smoking only becomes a legitimate concern in an enclosed space with lots of smokers, which is what the smoking ban eliminated .

+1, the health risks dont bother me an awful lot, it just stinks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lol.

Many are not overly concerned about health risks in regards to inhaling it. Many found it irritating to their eyes and throat to be in a smoky room and did not like their clothes stinking up. I smoke and do not like people blowing smoke in my face, it does irritate my throat and eyes.

The OP is just asking for common decency, walking around a pub bumping into people and spilling drink on them is not a major "danger" or "health risk" but it is just as unacceptable, some arseholes just have no respect for those around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

3 requests:

1: stop standing in doorways having your smoke, im sick of walkin through a cloud of smoke to get into a shop/pub.....disgusting.

2: stop lighting the smoke on the way out of places, wait till your outside before lighting it up!!!

3: the most annoying is when your outside somewhere smoking(in the doorway of course) and take your last puff and dont wait the extra second to blow out the smoke outside....oh no...ya walk into wherever it is and release a lungfull of smoke that me and the rest of the non smokers have to stomach!

so bloody well stop it!! we can smell your lung smoke easy so have some consideration, poulluting the place yous are....horrible people....:p

Every time I complete one of these 3 new-found "habbits" I'm going to think of you. I hope your happy, you just brought these comforts to untold numbers of Chicago party/pub goers.

I'd quit smoking if I didnt think I'd turn into one of you.

By the by though, I'm sure your a lovely person. I would never personally abuse a lovely person with a well placed Bill Hicks quote. NEVER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

3 requests:

Scumbag non-smokers!

1. Stop coming into smoking areas or beer gardens and complaining about smokers with your 'holier than thou' attitude.

2. Stop telling me how bad they are for me. I already know they are. If I seen a fat girl tearing into a Big mac I wouldn't go telling her how bad it is for her.

3. Stop looking at me like I shat on your doorstep. I'm so sick of people looking at smokers as if they are a lower class, we have to go outside doors and smoke now because we were forced out, fair enough it makes sense and is perfectly fair. Being looked at like you are shooting up isn't fair!

Just wanted to add what bugs me to even it up. You aren't really scumbags or horrible people though. :D

We all have to live together, we all make little sacrifices. Give up complaining about the small things. Would you rather a puff of smoke going through a doorway or a whole room of smoke as you sit at the bar?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have made many many enemies in this thread.
    /takes list.
    /lights up.
    /scowls.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Scumbag occasional smokers are really more annoying than smokers!

Red Alert wrote: »
    Scumbag occasional smokers are really more annoying than smokers!

That annoys me no end.
    "Can I have a cigarette? I don't want to buy a packet or I'll only start again."
    NO!
    Start smoking! We are in a recession and need the tax income anyway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

My real deal with them is that they seem to be even more militant against us non smokers than the real smokers.

That's true. Superior snooty self satisfied opinions on them

Like the content of the original post actually!
    What a guy.

And these opinions are voiced at every possible occasion in every available situation until its saturday night and they start lustily eyeing your marlboros.

Red Alert wrote: »
    My real deal with them is that they seem to be even more militant against us non smokers than the real smokers.

I get militant when people refer to me as a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Johnny Blue must have read this thread cos he has replaced the cigarette packets with tins!

Very distinguished. I feel like such a lady with my tin of fags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

noblestee wrote: »
    2 Facts about smoking
    - all smokers are scumbags.
    - smoking funds terrorism.

facts ladies and gentlemen....
    staker wrote: »
    :rolleyes: the worst kind...
    @ OP The smell of smoke beats that of your hairy armpits. Now finish up your drink and take your custom elsewhere.

its a medical problem:o
    boneless wrote: »
    While I understand the sentiments of the original poster I think it is over the top to label us smokers as scum... only some of us are. I meet lots of lovely smokers outside bars etc. We have a bond that non-smokers cannot understand.

ah no in fairness i was only joking, i dont think your all scum, i dont like it but im sure most of you lot are lovely......but the people who do those thing are scum, god i hate them....

Lol.

http://pzrservices.typepad.com/advertisingisgoodforyou/images/2007/04/29/angry_cigarettes.jpg

how do you explain this then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ah you poor dear. Sit down there now and have your soda pop and I'll talk to the nasty men and women and let them know how precious your ickle nosey is... Or words to that effect.

having a pint or three chillin in a pub and you will look around and see some people are butt ugly, some people are socially inept to the point of rudeness, some people have the uncontrollable need to fart their cheap food, some people think soap is something you give yor ma at christmas, some people are all the above. Big deal. The second hand smoke bit doesn't wash either. If your lungs are that weak from the odd whiff of fag smoke then darwin's theories need serious rejigging. :p

Nah **** it, I agree with the OP here, it may look sad, but in actual fact he has a very valid point. No it's not enough that you smoke outside, you should f*cking have to, I absolutely hate when these dirty smelly bastards are blocking the doorway to a bar smoking there ****ty rothmans or whatever, it is absolutely revolting. I have no sympathy for smokers, whatsoever, because these days you know how bad they are for you, and you still START smoking.. It is not cool, it is an absolutely disgusting habit and nobody should indulge it. I will not shake hands with a smoker or be close to one, they are todays societies lepers.

Advertisement