Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAT Problem : BT : DMZ ?

• 03-08-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Ok I've heard alot of people telling to turn on my DMZ or something like that, but when I got to my ruiters page it says nothing about a DMZ thing. Anybody enlighten me please ? I've had this problem for ages ! Still can't connect to many games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

A DMZ allows a single computer on your LAN to expose ALL of its ports to the Internet. When doing this, the exposed computer is no longer ‘behind’ the firewall. All other computers on your LAN would surf through the "exposed" PC. A DMZ is more suited to a corporate setup than a home setup, so unless you have a lot of computers and a good network setup at home I'd suggest you avoid the DMZ option (only some home modems support the DMZ function).

The only possible two problems that I can think of that you may have are:
    1. If you have a software firewall games may have been denied access to the internet
    2. Your modem may need port forwarding setup for the games to work.

If you do have a software firewall (other than the one included with windows) try closing down the application temporarily and try launching a game. If you are able to see and join multiplayer games with the software firewall turned off then you need to find out how to allow your games through the firewall.

If the software firewall isn't the problem then you are going to have to look at port forwarding to allow specific games to "see" the internet through your router/modem. A good place to start is [url] http://portforward.com/cports.htm[/url] choose your game and then modem.

I hope this points you in the right direction to achieve online gaming nirvana ;)

Advertisement