Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garages / Dealerships Near Hollyhead & Manchester

Options
  • 03-08-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

Going over to England soon to look at cars( BMW's & Audi's).

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good dealer ship in or around the areas stated above.
    Or if you have another garage a should check out great.

Would really appreciated it as i have never been to England to buy a car.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No idea but you could try posting in the motors section on www.boards.org.uk (sister site to boards.ie).

It's not as popular as here but you may get some pointers.

Edit: Maybe not - just had a look there and its pretty dead.
    Maybe a better bet would be a BMW or VAG owners forum, they're a-plenty in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Use the likes of www.Autotrader.co.uk to search for a car in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

the bmw.co.uk has a good section where it lists the cars the dealers have.

Good to go near the end of the month when the dealers are anxious to make a sale.

Good value in cars that are registered in January, as they would be 07 cars under the UK systems but they are 08 cars when you bring them in.

Also haggle for cash, don't be afraid to ask for 5 to 7 % off.

Also check the ros.ie to get the typical VRT ammounts for your car. Also big difference beteen auto's and manuals in some cars.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56773211&posted=1#post56773211

This thread is worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

As said go to autotrader.co.uk and type in LL651DR thats a holyhead address so when you look up cars it will tell you in the add how far from holyhead the car actually is ,when you find the car you want organise travel arrangments and then drive to holyhead for the boat.

happy shoppin!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Cheers lads thanks for all the replies

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Use autotrader and the following postcodes amongst others

luton airport LU2 9LY
    stanstead airport CM24 1QW
    bournemouth BH23 6SE
    gatwick RH6 0NP
    manchester M90 3NY
    birmingham internationalB26 3QJ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you head over to the uk via rosslare, use SA65 9LU.Thats a postcode in fishguard, Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

If you want a car sourced from the region then I would recommend you get in touch with Adam at AC Pro-Car ( http://www.acprocar.co.uk/ ) who will surley be able to help you out. He's located near Chester, right between Holyhead and Manchester. Audi and BMW are a speciality. I'm picking up my new car from him at the weeked :)

Advertisement