Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live NFL games

• 03-08-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried out http://www.officialtvsports.com/Home_Page.html
    for live game coverage. $21.99 for pre and main season.

Seems too good to be true

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I go to www.channelsurfing.net which is is sometimes a little bit too true to be good, lol, but it actually has live feeds for most of the televised games. Great for working nights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I signed up for NFL Gamepass HD this year. I've tried TVU and Sopcast in the past but they were never reliable.

Gamepass last yr was great. The HD one looks amazing. Yeah a little pricey but with the exchange rate the way it is I reckon it is a steal.

Esp when ur team is on the friggin RED button and you have poxy NTL digital. You pay for Sky Sports and you get half the functionality. Jeeeeez I hate NTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Esp when ur team is on the friggin RED button and you have poxy NTL digital. You pay for Sky Sports and you get half the functionality. Jeeeeez I hate NTL.

Then change. One of the many reasons I have sky over NTL. Interactive is high up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Trampas wrote: »
    Then change. One of the many reasons I have sky over NTL. Interactive is high up there

Can't. I live in an apartment block and dishes are forbidden so it is double disaster. If I could change I would have years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Leslie91 wrote: »

I had NTL for last year's season, that was the most annoying thing about NTL's already crap service, and especially when Kevin Cadle is telling you between plays how easy it is to switch between the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

I signed up for the Game Pass HD as well. I used the normal service last year and it worked reasonably well. My connection was absolutely brutal the day of the All-Ireland final though. I have more than twice the speed I had last year so I should get better reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm tempted to go for the Game Pass HD myself but i'm still having some second thoughts!

I mean, the Vikings are playing MNF in Week 1 - that will be on Sky. They are playing on the red button on Sky in Week 2.

Now with the shift I am on in work I will realistically be able to watch every Sunday night and Monday night game all season long. If I was to watch every Sunday night game there is no way I would be able to hold off watching the Vikings play until a Monday and there aint no why Sky Sports wouldnt be updating me on the score in the game!

So if I do get it I would have to be watching the games live, which while appealing I don't think I could manage. And with a €150 price tag on it I might be giving it a miss.

Its still so tempting though....

Advertisement