Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of August beers - opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i prob won't be able to make it cuz going camping/electric picnic for the last two weekends of august, but why has nobody mentioned the porterhouse yet?

mais oui, the one in temple bar, the one at the end of grafton street isn't as nice.

get yourself in there, get some of their psychedelic cocktails into you, some chocolate/banana/strawberry beer, their chiller on draught, the santa claus beer that is something like 12% and tastes and smells like a permanent marker and a pint of temple brau and you're away in a hack!

oh and i ABHOR coppers. there is no other word for it. whenever i go there (which has been twice in the past three years) it is full of the over 40s and it doesn't matter what you look like, you could have just been bottled in the face but as long as you have tits you'll definitely get enough attention. "howareya love.... you're... gorgeous *gropes arm/bum/small of your back*" and then the **** goes down!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Will wrote: »
    copperface jacks is full of mucksavages, gardaí, nurses, teachers and the dj is poo...

I am a "mucksavage" and a nurse. :(

The 28th may be a possibility for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

rarrr! haha, im just looking forward to the weekend after that :D

Yeah, I'll need some details about that weekend :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

hmm, ill not be spending money anywhere that charges me more than €3 per drink, and im including my coke in that price.

hahha do what i do. nagan and 2 or 3 cans before i reach the pub. after a drink in the pub your well on your way.

i will however be going to fibrs anyway on the thurs. might as well if i can aford it... say hello if ya see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i prob won't be able to make it cuz going camping/electric picnic for the last two weekends of august, but why has nobody mentioned the porterhouse yet?

see ya at lectric picnic, so! ill be at fibbers on the thursday before hand (touch down the day before that...).

feylya wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll need some details about that weekend :p

price includes copious amounts of tea, coffee, and chocolate biscuits.

all ya need to know, really :D
    hahha do what i do. nagan and 2 or 3 cans before i reach the pub. after a drink in the pub your well on your way.

i will however be going to fibrs anyway on the thurs. might as well if i can aford it... say hello if ya see me.

haha, you realise that i usually turn up to the pub with two hipflasks anyway, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    I am a "mucksavage" and a nurse. :(

Best wear your best disguise so.:p

Don't worry I know not all mucksavage nurses are anything like the sort you hear about when people go on about Coppers, had a friend from Tipperary who was doing nursing a few years back.;)

If Crumble and Le Rack are going to be there I guess I might try show, give Le Rack the chance to see/not see:P the UV tattoos and sate their curiousity regarding me. So go easy on your spine Le Rack, hopefully you'll be all better in plenty of time for this thing.:)

farohar wrote: »
    If Crumble and Le Rack are going to be there I guess I might try show, give Le Rack the chance to see/not see:P the UV tattoos and sate their curiousity regarding me. So go easy on your spine Le Rack, hopefully you'll be all better in plenty of time for this thing.:)

you don't have to sound so enthusiastic, you know ;)
    but aye, would be good to meet you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

*tries to think about the last time he was enthusiastic about anything......................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................................................
    nope, can't think of a thing...:(

awwww :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

price includes copious amounts of tea, coffee, and chocolate biscuits.

all ya need to know, really :D

Copious? Hmm, we'll see about that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I gotta get to this one! missed all the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

farohar wrote: »

I'll be there too, as usual!

So will LittleNipper, who some people have met before. I'll be sure to meander over if I see yis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Sin e?
    Dice Bar?

jsut out of intrest is anyone hitting fibrs tonight? i am if yous are wouldnt mind meeting some of yous. was at the last mod beers but not a lot turned up and seen the odd few through will,

if yars are. look for the hipy with the bandana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Bah! I was staying in the Gresham last night! Just around the corner from fibbs! Was debating popping in but I got a text sayin it was dead boring and decided by jammies and bed were more friendly that the cold and wet!

The spine is doin pretty well, managed and hour and a half on stage with the drag queens in the G Weds night...granted my back is dead sore are the subsequent boogie-ing...ah well! I'll be there! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Well I reckon Foggy Dew is grand for a few pintages anywho, and I will make to these beers, I will make to these beers, I will make to these beers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

As an fyi I'll be back from the 20th to the 30th so if the beers could be then that would mean my attendance, kthkbi

cool, for .. 2, maybe 3 days we'll be in teh country at the same time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

22nd, 23rd. 29th, 30th...

Both fridays or saturdays... they would be the dates i would suggest since most aren't in work at weekends. Foggy dew seems to be the place of choice...

not in country, not in country, electrc picnic, electric picnic

• Advertisement

at the midlans, 29th 30th grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

closer to the end of the month the better if possible...venue isn't too much of an issue...I'll hobble my way about! :p

Created a thread in the Events Forum, http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56879005#post56879005

Looks like the Foggy Dew is the place. Now the date. Personally prefer a friday or saturday myself.

Changed poll, if you want a different date let it be known in thread please. We cannot accommodate for everyone unfortunately.

ye hvae to reset the pole will cant jsut edit it.. we cant vote :D .. hehe silly will.

jsut a note on the foggy dew. yes it is 21s but you can easiely get in if your not a dick and sober/soberish. ive done it many of times if your 18-20. go in earlyish. dont leave it late. bouncers get stricter on the age thing as the night goes on. and as bouncers dont come on til 9 in that place.

i shall be ther for 8 even if it means having a pint by myself. (im just that cool that i can do these sort of things )

im happy with ether the friday or saturday of the later dates.. yeay! :D

Tried resetting it.... might have to make a new one, eugh newbie mod mistake

*hopes*

balls *closing and deleting thread*

argh newbie

Advertisement