Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving full-time employment to study postgrad diploma - TAX BACK ENTITLEMENT

Options
  • 03-08-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hello,

I am 25, working full-time for one year, earned 28k gross and will have paid E5,600 in tax (i think but lets say that's the amount for argument), I will cease emplyment in September having worked from the previous september, I am going back to college to study a 2 year full-time diploma and am trying to work out (if that is possible) what amount of taxback I may be able to receive when I apply for taxback?

Thanks for any help.

T

Comments

Truss wrote: »
    Hello,

I am 25, working full-time for one year, earned 28k gross and will have paid E5,600 in tax (i think but lets say that's the amount for argument), I will cease emplyment in September having worked from the previous september, I am going back to college to study a 2 year full-time diploma and am trying to work out (if that is possible) what amount of taxback I may be able to receive when I apply for taxback?

Thanks for any help.

T

Hi Truss,

I'm not sure to be honest about reclaiming any taxes you've paid, but the best people to talk to would be revenue. You can put in your PPSN into revenue.ie and it'll give you your local tax office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jakfrost

for a rough estimate try www.taxcalc.eu

quickly plugging in the numbers you gave, gives a value for tax owed to you as €3660.

don't forget when you go to college, you may be able to claim tax relief on the fees you may/may not pay.

But as Myth said, your best bet to to get in contact with the revenue.

Advertisement