Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tacx trainers

Options
  • 03-08-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

has anybody got any experience of tacx trainers ,more specifically the fortius and i magic and whre is a good place to buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Would love a fortius or imagic but they are expensive. cyclesuperstore had a working demo running in their shop last year i think.

www.Chainreactioncycles.com is the cheapest place i have seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have the Imagic, got it on Chain Reactions. I also have the optional steering column for it. It's pretty darn impressive although I barely use it. Get a proper trainer tyre for it, I use the Continental one. I would not bother with the steering column. The real life video is more fun and you don't need the steerer for that. Plus the steerer just complicates things in my view, I prefer to let the computer do the steering so I can focus on the pain !

I intend to use it quite a bit this year and am looking for a crappy old bike to leave permanantly set up on it. What put me off last year at times was having to put the bike on and attach all the bits and pieces. I doesn't take long but if you are a lazy git like me, sometimes its a bridge too far, especially say if you were out on Sunday the bike is caked in muck and you know if you put it on the turbo its going to be splattering crap all over the floor and walls... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Quigs you have read my mind.

Advertisement