Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good reasonable priced holiday insurance

• 03-08-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Hi, Looking to buy holiday insurance for a 1 week trip for 5 people to Lanzarote next week.
    Anyone know who are good in this area. Trying to keep the costs down, but don't want to buy from muppets who are impossible / difficult to deal with, if the need for a claim arises.
    Many thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Can't recommend one as such, but can recommend NOT to use Ryanair (whoever the underwriter is), as they are in fact, muppets to deal with in case of a claim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try this , its simple to fill in and gives you a wide amount of options. Let me know how you get on.

davton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have a mate in Insurance and when I asked him who had the best cover for holiday insurance he suggested the AA.

I can't say for sure as I haven't used it yet, but I'm definetly not happy with the present cover I have with VHI.:(

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Do-more wrote: »
    but I'm definetly not happy with the present cover I have with VHI.:(

Why,

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Ace insurance is one of the better ones.
    VHI Insurance are fine if you have VHI Cover already.
    Not sure if 123.ie do holdiay insurance but they are cheap enough
    for other type of insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Would go for Ace Insurance myself €14 standard,had a claim dealt with very efficiently by them and no hassle,if you have health cover already its even cheaper €10 and i think the budget option(does not cover cash or personal property) is a great deal at €9 per person for 10 days.Check these prices for yourself at www.acetravelinsurance.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

AIB do an instant online cover at reasonable rates.

http://aib-travelcover.ina-box.co.uk/

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

we got ours through my partners union subscriptions (SIPTU) and it has been excellent. It's somewhere I never thought of checking until someone else suggested it. before that I was with AIB which was also good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

What happens if your flight is cancelled or overbooked, etc by your airline and you have to pay for a different flight home? I'm thinking of the sort of thing that happened a month ago when Dublin Airport radar went on the blink. Do any travel insurance policies cover you for the extra cost of booking new flights at last minute prices?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

HunnyMonster - I never knew that SIPTU did Travel Insurance?

My partner is with SIPTU also, how exactly od you go about getting Travel Insurance with them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

dingding wrote: »
    Why,

Sorry for the late reply, recently had a hire car broken into whilst in Germany all that was taken was a satnav and a pair of reading glasses but these they classifed as "valuables" and were therefore not covered! ffs what else do you have insurance for but to protect you from the likes of valuables being stolen!

It seems they have a get-out clause to protect them for almost every claim!

In the end I was covered by my household policy with BOI (Sun Alliance).

From talking to the VHI claims assistant it seemed that she was totally disenchanted with telling people they were not covered. (My take on the situation at least.)

Policy up for renewal in September, fat chance!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

http://www.insurancebookers.ie/, used these guys for the last few years. Top tier cover this year for family of 5, 1 week europe, 36 odd yoyos. Never had to claim from them yet (touch wood) but haven't heard any bad about them.
    Worth checking out tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

boardsie08 wrote: »
    HunnyMonster - I never knew that SIPTU did Travel Insurance?

My partner is with SIPTU also, how exactly od you go about getting Travel Insurance with them??

sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I didn't think to check back here. We got it directly through the union rep at work but I found this link which might be of use
    http://www.siptu.ie/print/SupportServices/MembershipBenefits/TUFmembershipservices/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

try your local credit union

Advertisement