Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads with tops off at music festivals.

Options
  • 03-08-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

I went to that Tiesto gig last nignt up in Ballinlough castle. What is this thing with lads with the big guns spending the whole night topless. Do women actually fall for this? Its such a blatant show off thing imho.

Id never do it and Im ripped.

P.s. I am not ripped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    I went to that Tiesto gig last nignt up in Ballinlough castle. What is this thing with lads with the big guns spending the whole night topless. Do women actually fall for this? Its such a blatant show off thing imho.

P.s. I am not ripped.

Tiesto?

It may have been related to the profuse sweating and rapid jaw movement. Just a guess.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

P.s. I am not ripped.

I was at a rave in skerries last week and it was the same, its nothin to do with pickin up girls. ~People don't go to raves to meet girls anyway. It's because of the body heat from dancin so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

E or whatever it is the young people take today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Pretty naff in fairness but it all depends on the bod. And how many drinks i've had..:pac::pac:

By the way, tiesto is not a music festival!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Kids today have brain damage from listening to their rap dance music... with the hipping and the hopping and the bipping and the bopping, they don't know what the jazz is all about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

maybe they're gay.

I went to the george once and there were muscley guys dancing with no tops on... I'm pretty sure they were gay.

Actually there seemed to be a lot of gay people there that night.

What was that about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Tops were off from the word go before the dancing and/or chemicals kicked off. Its only the guys who are ripped that do this it seems.

pwd wrote: »
    maybe they're gay.

I went to the george once and there were muscley guys dancing with no tops on... I'm pretty sure they were gay.

Actually there seemed to be a lot of gay people there that night.

What was that about :confused:

Oh that's a gay club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Those lads with their tops off are all on the steroid E. Yeah that's it.

Makes them take their tops off and have big 'guns'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Kavinsky wrote: »
    Oh that's a gay club.

O RLY /raises eyebrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

These scumtwats give me nightmares.

Get those lactating moobs out mah face! :mad:

Kavinsky wrote: »
    Oh that's a gay club.

:eek:

no way

This is really funny. Cos you know that game "tig", where a couple of guys run around with no clothes on and try to touch the end of each-other's penises...well my mate is sh!t at that cos he always gets erections so it's much easier to tig him. Hahaha I always take the piss out of him saying it's cos he's a homo. He was really keen to go to the george that night - Wait til I tell him it's a gay bar!
    rednerrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

no way

This is really funny. Cos you know that game "tig", where a couple of guys run around with no clothes on and try to touch the end of each-other's penises...well my mate is sh!t at that cos he always gets erections so it's much easier to tig him. Hahaha I always take the piss out of him saying it's cos he's a homo. He was really keen to go to the george that night - Wait til I tell him it's a gay bar!
    rednerrr!

/raises eyebrow and then walks away...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What is this thing with lads with the big guns spending the whole night topless. Do women actually fall for this? Its such a blatant show off thing imho.

At least they're ripped, at music festivals and concerts the only topless guys I saw should never ever ever have been allowed out without a top on.

And yes I would fall for it, I'd have no prolem ogling a guy with a ripped upper body.

/oh my I think I'm coming down with the vapours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Little bit of jealousy going on here?

Haha

If they feel comfortable walking around with no tops on and its warm then fair ****s to them IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Pen1987 wrote: »

Haha

If they feel comfortable walking around with no tops on and its warm then fair ****s to them IMO
    that's exactly what i was going to say. if i was properly ripped i'd never wear a thing!

Nah, im not jealous. Id describe myself as having an athletic build, but I dont have arms and legs like Tom Platz.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. At metal gigs, if you're running around in the pit, you can either a) sweat, and have a sweat-soaked t-shirt, or b) take off your t-shirt, and put it on after the gig, and not catch a cold when you go outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. At metal gigs, if you're running around in the pit, you can either a) sweat, and have a sweat-soaked t-shirt, or b) take off your t-shirt, and put it on after the gig, and not catch a cold when you go outside.

Strange, metal gigs never used to be full of wusses afraid of catching a cold. What is the world coming to? :confused:

topless moshing huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

If im taking pills it will be a no top job. too hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No problem if your really hot tbh..
    Girls get to wear hotpants and string tops and us men are stuck in jeans and t-shirts.

Sexism ftw... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Pen1987 wrote: »

Haha

"****'s sake, look at him. I wish *I* could take my top off and not look like a wimp" :pac:

Well, they would all batter me, but they'd have to catch me first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Going to a Tiesto gig= Insta-fail!

And let them do what they want, sure if they're at a Tiesto gig they wouuldn't understand concepts like restraint and dignity. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

no way

rednerrr!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Strange, metal gigs never used to be full of wusses afraid of catching a cold. What is the world coming to? :confused:
    Sorry, forgot the sarcasm tags. Meh. Me, personally, take off the t-shirt as I'M BLOODY ROASTING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Nothing worse at a metal gig than sliding off a fat sweaty guy with no shirt on in the mosh pit.

Advertisement