Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which One?

• 03-08-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Which should I get, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield: Bad Company, Gears of War or the Orange Box??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

mm all good games but go for gears of war ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. fantastic buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Well I haven't played Battlefield but out of them I would have to say it would be a tough choice between The Orange Box and Call of Duty 4. If you've never touched Portal, I'd go with The Orange Box there's so much value with that game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Cod4 first
    then Orange Box
    then Gears of War
    Then Bad Company,
    Then Halo 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Silverfish wrote: »
    Cod4 first
    then Orange Box
    then Gears of War
    Then Bad Company,
    Then Halo 3

I'd say the same, but CoD4 and Orange box are a very close joint 1st...
    Get both if possible - they're both region free so can be got for next to nothing from the likes of play-asia and vg+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

COD4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If you are going to be playing online get COD4 its prob the best ever online game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

tman wrote: »
    I'd say the same, but CoD4 and Orange box are a very close joint 1st...
    Get both if possible - they're both region free so can be got for next to nothing from the likes of play-asia and vg+
    Yeah they'd be around €38 plus shipping, has anyone ever used either site, what's delievery like? and how much is delivery from play-asia?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Orange Box if you like SP... COD if you like MP online.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Justlikemike

DeVore wrote: »
    Orange Box if you like SP... COD if you like MP online.

Exactly. Incidentally, you can pick Gears up very cheap on the high street now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I do like the multiplayer so mayeb I should go for COD4 then, it's €45 in Argos I think now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Exactly. Incidentally, you can pick Gears up very cheap on the high street now.

Funny, i saw it for 50 euro, second hand.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

50 second hand???

that could only have been gamestop lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Gears ftw. Seen it in my local Xtra Vision for €20 2nd hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

-COD4 has great MP but not great SP
    -halo 3 has great MP and good SP
    -gears of war has good MP and great SP
    -(never played the orange box)

- id probably go for battlefield at the moment because it has both great MP and SP and its new so it will last a while

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Justlikemike

Funny, i saw it for 50 euro, second hand.....

It saw it (Gears) in GAME in Liffey Valley for €30 new about a month ago and they're not cheap in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You've kind of missed the Halo 3 boat but it's probably cheap enough now and definately worth picking up for the campaign and the multiplayer.
    CoD4 has a very short and very good campaign, brilliant multiplayer.
    The Orange Box is probably the best value if you haven't played Half-Life 2 or Portal. Lots of people enjoy Team Fortress 2 but a disgrace to Team Fortress Classic in my opinion.
    Gears has a very short campaign that isn't up to much and ridiculous multiplayer where you only respawn at the end of a round. A deathmatch game trying to pretend it's as tactical as Counter-Strike. Again kinda missed the boat on this too with Gears 2 coming out in November.

If multiplayer is a big thing then see what your friends are playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 angelinalove

I think call of duty 4 is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

- COD 4 will hook you.
    - Gears of War I don't rate. Bored me fast.
    - Halo 3 was good fun but not as good as COD4. If your a huge fan of the other games then go for it. I played the first and enjoyed it, barely played the 2nd.
    - Orange box looks to be fantastic value and is certainly high on my list of next buys.
    - Played Bad company in a mates gaf for all of 5 mins but wasn't overly impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Call of Duty 4 by a country mile !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement