Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom watch and broadband speed

Options
  • 03-08-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

having slow speed with eircom after the upgrade, only getting around 4.8 MB and was wondering if having my line shared with eircom watch alarm system has anything to do with slowing the speed

DSL Status: Up
    DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
    DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
    Downstream Rate: 6144 Kbps
    Upstream Rate: 512 Kbps
    Downstream Margin: 10db
    Upstream Margin: 12db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 42
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 26
    Downstream Transmit Power: 19
    Upstream Transmit Power: 3

304481321.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

kamin99 wrote: »
    having slow speed with eircom after the upgrade, only getting around 4.8 MB and was wondering if having my line shared with eircom watch alarm system has anything to do with slowing the speed

DSL Status: Up
    DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
    DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
    Downstream Rate: 6144 Kbps
    Upstream Rate: 512 Kbps
    Downstream Margin: 10db
    Upstream Margin: 12db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 42
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 26
    Downstream Transmit Power: 19
    Upstream Transmit Power: 3

304481321.png
    Your SNR could be improved but with that line attenuation 4-5mb is all you could expect with line attenuation of 42 on adsl1. I don't know if the alarm could be interfering with your snr. Have you tried plugging out all filters in the house and plugging the router straight into the main socket? Do your stats improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

rc28 wrote: »
    Your SNR could be improved but with that line attenuation 4-5mb is all you could expect with line attenuation of 42 on adsl1. I don't know if the alarm could be interfering with your snr. Have you tried plugging out all filters in the house and plugging the router straight into the main socket? Do your stats improve?

yeh these stats are with my router attached directly into the phone socket no filters

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

Try downloading a couple of large files with a download manager like Flashget.

Pretty much all the speed tests I have run suggest maximum DL speeds of about 5000- 6000kbps.

Flashget on the other hand is downloading files at well over the 7600kbps I've been upgraded to (sometimes it tips the 8500 mark).

my download speed is around 700kbs ,so how fast is my speed then ?

Please distinguish between Kb and KB please.

• Advertisement

Please distinguish between Kb and KB please.

Sorry... 700 KB then

kamin99 wrote: »
    Sorry... 700 KB then

That is 5.4mb so you are getting decent speeds for those line stats.

That is 5.4mb so you ar getting decent speeds for those line stats.

Cheers for this

Advertisement