Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

pic1vv5ul9.jpg
    w591.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Brewster wrote: »
    Paul, I have no doubt the only reason Irish Celtic supporters have made an issue of this is because of the poppy's perceived association with British Imperalism. I am absolutely certain of this. Its not because of a reluctance to honour the war dead that they would express a reluctance to wear a poppy. I think this is very sad indeed. Its simply a vehicle to express opposition to anything considered remotely British and its pathetic beyond belief. Im not trying to be devisive on this issue, I just feel very strongly about it.

By the way do you think that sport and politics mix?

ziggy wrote: »

Couldn't agree more.

An employer has no right to tell somebody what symbol to wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Meet at Cairde Na hEireann shop on Gallowgate at 1pm

Leafleting all sides of stadium starting at 2pm

Here is the text of the leaflet...

PROTEST AGAINST BRITISH IMPERIALISM

WALK OUT OF STADIUM ON 10 MINUTE MARK

CONTINUE PROTEST - MEET AT WALFRID STATUE

The SPL has decided that all Scottish Premier League clubs should support the Poppy Scotland Appeal. Celtic PLC without proper reference even to its own board, supporters groups or employees has decided to comply with the SPL’s recommendation and has produced a special strip embroidered with a red poppy to be worn by all players in today’s match against Motherwell.

For Celtic to support such an enterprise is extremely insensitive to our huge fan base that the club has in Ireland. In recent times many of our supporters in Ireland have suffered directly at the hands of the British Army, an army whose soldiers we are expected to applaud and commemorate today.

This is an insult to our supporters in Ireland and to all of the many thousands with Irish heritage and ancestry that follow the club. How can the Celtic PLC board expect our supporters to lend support to an army that has plundered and murdered many of our own people?
    Bloody Sunday, The Ballymurphy Massacre, the murders of Aiden McAnespie and Peter McBride – these are just a few of the atrocities committed by British troops in Ireland.

This is not about the fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were conscripted to fight in two world wars. This poppy day is about the British Army in the here and now - and is being given extra impetus this year because of the falling recruitment figures as a result of its involvement in unpopular conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Our protest is not aimed at individuals who wear the poppy, it is against the idea that Celtic as an institution should be backing British imperialism in any way shape or form.

We believe that the poppy appeal has long passed its original aims to commemorate the fallen conscripts of two world wars and has now become a focal point to rally support for the modern professional volunteer soldiers of the British Army and its wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

An honourable compromise could have been reached if the club had opted to wear the White Poppy which symbolises peace and opposition to all wars, but it seems that other political agendas are now at work in our club.

The Celtic Chairman John Reid is fond of telling us to “leave your politics at the door” yet this former minister in the British war cabinet continues to bring his own British imperialist and unionist politics into our club. Dr Reid should follow his own advice.

It is a disgraceful turnaround in the history of our club that we should even consider endorsing a celebration of the British Army. Celtic was founded by Irishmen who opposed British military involvement in Ireland and whose lives were devoted to this club, the Irish community in Scotland and the struggle to free their homeland from British rule.

It’s time to reclaim our club from those who would prefer to wrap it in the Union Jack rather than the Irish Tricolour.

Printed & Published by Celts Against Imperialism
    Supported by Cairde Na hEireann, TAL Fanzine, Green Brigade

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good win today to go 5 points clear, puts the pressure on Rangers tomorrow.

Not so good to read about more injuries. Naka out for a couple of weeks, Maloney limped off today apparently, Boruc of course having surgery.

We are now down:

JVoH
    Samaras
    Killen
    McGowan
    McGeady
    Nakamura
    Crosas
    Maloney (possibly)
    Loovens
    Doumbe
    Boruc

To get a 2-0 win today given the above and after drawing against Man Utd in the CL this week is pretty good. I just hope that we can make the most of November's fixtures with all those injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Good win today to go 5 points clear, puts the pressure on Rangers tomorrow.

Not so good to read about more injuries. Naka out for a couple of weeks, Maloney limped off today apparently, Boruc of course having surgery.

We are now down:

JVoH
    Samaras
    Killen
    McGowan
    McGeady
    Nakamura
    Crosas
    Maloney (possibly)
    Loovens
    Doumbe
    Boruc

To get a 2-0 win today given the above and after drawing against Man Utd in the CL this week is pretty good. I just hope that we can make the most of November's fixtures with all those injuries.

Dear me Paul you are bringing the level down again talking about football :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Jesus! thats some list of injuries, Please god at least 4 or 5 are back for the Aalborg match as that game is a huge one for us now. Id take a score draw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Meet at Cairde Na hEireann shop on Gallowgate at 1pm

Leafleting all sides of stadium starting at 2pm

Here is the text of the leaflet...

PROTEST AGAINST BRITISH IMPERIALISM

WALK OUT OF STADIUM ON 10 MINUTE MARK

CONTINUE PROTEST - MEET AT WALFRID STATUE

The SPL has decided that all Scottish Premier League clubs should support the Poppy Scotland Appeal. Celtic PLC without proper reference even to its own board, supporters groups or employees has decided to comply with the SPL’s recommendation and has produced a special strip embroidered with a red poppy to be worn by all players in today’s match against Motherwell.

For Celtic to support such an enterprise is extremely insensitive to our huge fan base that the club has in Ireland. In recent times many of our supporters in Ireland have suffered directly at the hands of the British Army, an army whose soldiers we are expected to applaud and commemorate today.

This is an insult to our supporters in Ireland and to all of the many thousands with Irish heritage and ancestry that follow the club. How can the Celtic PLC board expect our supporters to lend support to an army that has plundered and murdered many of our own people?
    Bloody Sunday, The Ballymurphy Massacre, the murders of Aiden McAnespie and Peter McBride – these are just a few of the atrocities committed by British troops in Ireland.

This is not about the fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were conscripted to fight in two world wars. This poppy day is about the British Army in the here and now - and is being given extra impetus this year because of the falling recruitment figures as a result of its involvement in unpopular conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Our protest is not aimed at individuals who wear the poppy, it is against the idea that Celtic as an institution should be backing British imperialism in any way shape or form.

We believe that the poppy appeal has long passed its original aims to commemorate the fallen conscripts of two world wars and has now become a focal point to rally support for the modern professional volunteer soldiers of the British Army and its wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

An honourable compromise could have been reached if the club had opted to wear the White Poppy which symbolises peace and opposition to all wars, but it seems that other political agendas are now at work in our club.

The Celtic Chairman John Reid is fond of telling us to “leave your politics at the door” yet this former minister in the British war cabinet continues to bring his own British imperialist and unionist politics into our club. Dr Reid should follow his own advice.

It is a disgraceful turnaround in the history of our club that we should even consider endorsing a celebration of the British Army. Celtic was founded by Irishmen who opposed British military involvement in Ireland and whose lives were devoted to this club, the Irish community in Scotland and the struggle to free their homeland from British rule.

It’s time to reclaim our club from those who would prefer to wrap it in the Union Jack rather than the Irish Tricolour.

Printed & Published by Celts Against Imperialism
    Supported by Cairde Na hEireann, TAL Fanzine, Green Brigade

Absolute claptrap.... I have never read such nonsense in all my life. Its actually scary there are people who share our great country that still think like this...

I just read that Celtic were the only team in Britian that considered it appropriate to hold a minutes applause to remember all those who sacrified their lives instead of a minutes silence?? We all know why.....

Why do some Irish Celtic fans consider themselves so unique? How come hundreds of Irish Liverpool fans can attend Anfield and observe a minutes silence? How come hundreds of Irish people attended Emirates Stadium and observed TWO minutes silence? Are they any less Irish? Damn right they are not...

For some Celtic fans to dress this up as big bad Britain to try and justify a sad protest... Shame on you....

• Advertisement

Absolute claptrap.... I have never read such nonsense in all my life. Its actually scary there are people who share our great country that still think like this...

I just read that Celtic were the only team in Britian that considered it appropriate to hold a minutes applause to remember all those who sacrified their lives instead of a minutes silence?? We all know why.....

Why do some Irish Celtic fans consider themselves so unique? How come hundreds of Irish Liverpool fans can attend Anfield and observe a minutes silence? How come hundreds of Irish people attended Emirates Stadium and observed TWO minutes silence? Are they any less Irish? Damn right they are not...

For some Celtic fans to dress this up as big bad Britain to try and justify a sad protest... Shame on you....

I'm delighted that CELTIC fans made this protest. This protest was instigated and driven by Scottish born Celtic fans, not Irish.

But hey, so what if it was Irish people??? Has the British Army turned its guns on the people of Liverpool or the people of Arsenal?

The monies raised from the sale of poppies does not just go to those from WWI and WWII but to all British soldiers serving throughout the world. It goes to British soldiers that have murdered Irish people on this island, it goes to British soldiers that are complicit in the deaths of over 1 million Iraqi's - I could go on and on but you get the message.

Many Celtic fans have had families that have suffered at the hands of the British Army, why should these people partake in this sick PR stunt which was partly designed to boost ailing numbers joining the British Army. It should also be remembered that Celtic were formed as a result of Britain's misrule in Ireland.

What about all you fellas that constantly scream that sport and politics don't mix? Are you now saying that sport and politics DO mix? Cos if you're not then you too would have been against this stunt.

But hey this gives you (and others) a chance to slate Celtic, no mention that Man U (amongst a plethora of otehr teams) didn't wear a poppy on their shirts... No, let's just slate Celtic...

My two cents on the poppy debate by the way... I posted this on another website but it stays true for here as well.

It's in response to a question posed about whether people would support a proposed protest against the forced wearing of poppies by Celtic players...

To me this whole protest is not about dishonouring dead people who fought for the British Army. I think it's unhelpful that many people are pushing this as a reason for why the poppy should not be worn.

To me it's about the hypocrisy of the Board, and of our War Criminal Chairman, who exclaim that we must leave our politics at the door. Hypocrites.

To me it's about the SFA deciding some 63 years after the ending of the Second World War to do something to commemorate the needless death of many young men.

To me it's using our players as political pawns. Has anybody thought of the hassle that Paddy McCourt might get for wearing a poppy which is rightly seen as a symbol of British imperialism on this island?

Has anybody thought that maybe Andreas Hinkel might not feel comfortable being forced to wear a poppy commemorating men who killed countless innocent German people? What about Darren O'Dea? The British Army have a disgraceful record on this island, why should players like Darren help out a PR stunt for Little Englanders? What about all our other players, have they been asked about how they feel promoting an army that is responsible for the deaths of many millions of people throughout the world and continues to invade and further Britains imperialistic goals.

To me it's about raising money for an Army that should be looked after by their own Government but who are not seen as worthy enough by the masters that they serve - why is this? Proceeds from the sale of poppies go towards helping murderers who have pillaged lands across the world, there are no honourable wars that the Brits are fighting in, there are no wars where they are helping to liberate people, it is all for the benefit of Britain and the expense of others... including us. The British war machine is a "legal" gang of murderers, anything that helps promote the idea that this behaviour is acceptable and normal should be resisted.

To me it's about saying No, Murder is not a career choice, joining an invading imperialistic murder gang is not an ideal thing for a young child to do.

For those of you who are not too Republican minded, ask yourself this... are you now happy that the Board have decided that politics actually do have a place in this football club? For years we were told that there was no place. A line has been crossed. No longer can the Board complain about political songs being sung at matches by Celtic fans for this weekend we will be commemorating the largest band of vagabonds and mercenaries ever assembled.

Finally, for those of you supporting the poppy display this weekend, a British historian Mark Curtis claims that Britains foreign policy is responsible for the deaths of Ten Million people worldwide SINCE World War II - I hope you're proud of that and I hope you're proud of the fact that those Ten Million people will be ignored this weekend.

I hope everyone has a quiet moment this weekend to remember their dead, you have that right, but for all the reasons listed above don't make or expect me to do the same.

Bobby, I have not slated Celtic Football club. I have great admiration for the DECENT fans of the club, including Dr John Reid for what he is trying to achieve. I have no time for those who follow Celtic for 'political reasons'. The irony of you asking the question of whether politics and sport should mix?! Stop!! These same fans that caused the protest are upto their necks in politics and Irish history! Its the only reason they follow Celtic as a means to propogate their hatred of all things British! You only have to read the garbage in that statement to realise this! Talk about ironic!

I can see this, in addition most reasonable Irish people can see this and I suspect most decent Celtic fans want nothing to do with this! We dont live in the dark ages anymore Bobby.

The cheek of you remarking on Manchester United and how they choose to respect Remembrance Sunday after Arsenal and United fans remained perfectly silent for two minutes, many of whom were Irish as I said already. It would actually be hilarious only I know you are being serious.

Celtic deserve every bit of criticim that comes their way on this. Take it on the chin and lets move on.

Bobby, I have not slated Celtic Football club. I have great admiration for the DECENT fans of the club, including Dr John Reid for what he is trying to achieve. I have no time for those who follow Celtic for 'political reasons'. The irony of you asking the question of whether politics and sport should mix?! Stop!! These same fans that caused the protest are upto their necks in politics and Irish history! Its the only reason they follow Celtic as a means to propogate their hatred of all things British! You only have to read the garbage in that statement to realise this! Talk about ironic!

I can see this, in addition most reasonable Irish people can see this and I suspect most decent Celtic fans want nothing to do with this! We dont live in the dark ages anymore Bobby.

The cheek of you remarking on Manchester United and how they choose to respect Remembrance Sunday after Arsenal and United fans remained perfectly silent for two minutes, many of whom were Irish as I said already. It would actually be hilarious only I know you are being serious.

Celtic deserve every bit of criticim that comes their way on this. Take it on the chin and lets move on.

You see that sentence I've highlighted? I find that accusation of racism against Celtic fans to be lies, completely unhelpful to this debate and utterly disrespectful towards Celtic fans.

1. It's not being anti-British, it's making a stand against a military force that thinks it's ok to invade foreign countries killing millions of innocent people. I wouldn't want my kids growing up thinking that joiing an invading army and choosing murder is a good (and normal) career choice.

2. Is a football match the correct vehicle to start "commemorating" 63 years on?

3. You still haven't answered my question, is it okay to mix politics and sport?

Bobby I have made my views on politics and sport quite clear. Unfortunately for a number of Celtic fans, a number I would hope and suspect that is decreasing with each passing year, politics is at the very heart of why they support Celtic in first place... Is that clear enough for you?! Its not like some Celtic fans are ever accused of singing political songs!! Some Celtic fans continue to defend the singing of some songs because they are POLITICAL. How clearly do I have to spell it out? What part of this to you fail to understand? I really cant make it any clearer. Some Celtic fans support Celtic for political reasons, this is a sad fact that you must surely accept? Statments and the like which were posted on this board only re-enforce this.

Bobby I have made my views on politics and sport quite clear. Unfortunately for a number of Celtic fans, a number I would hope and suspect that is decreasing with each passing year, politics is at the very heart of why they support Celtic in first place... Is that clear enough for you?! Its not like some Celtic fans are ever accused of singing political songs!! Some Celtic fans continue to defend the singing of some songs because they are POLITICAL. How clearly do I have to spell it out? What part of this to you fail to understand? I really cant make it any clearer. Some Celtic fans support Celtic for political reasons, this is a sad fact that you must surely accept? Statments and the like which were posted on this board only re-enforce this.

Answer me with a Yes or No then...

Do you think sport and politics mix?

A simple Yes or No would suffice - thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Answer me with a Yes or No then...

Do you think sport and politics mix?

A simple Yes or No would suffice - thanks.

How can anyone answer that as a yes or no?

Do sports and politics mix, in some places, of course. Should they? Who knows.

There is no denying that both Rangers and Celtic fans are very much enamoured of sectarianism. There are ferociously scummy aspects to both teams supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Brewster, most of your posts here are about politics, not football. Maybe you should set up a thread on the politics forum?

People support football clubs for many many reasons and politics is one of them. Who are you to decry people for that? Is their an acceptable list of reasons why people should support a club?

You seem to think that politics and football should not mix then spend an awful long time on this thread talking about the politics!!

Brewster, most of your posts here are about politics, not football. Maybe you should set up a thread on the politics forum?

People support football clubs for many many reasons and politics is one of them. Who are you to decry people for that? Is their an acceptable list of reasons why people should support a club?

You seem to think that politics and football should not mix then spend an awful long time on this thread talking about the politics!!

Absolutely, a Dub in Glasgow. I have spent alot of time trying to highlight to 'some' Celtic fans that some of your supporters have been politicising Remembrance Sunday, those fans who were organising protests etc on Saturday. Rembrance Sunday should transcend all this. Political beliefs, religion did not spare the people who died in the wars. If Celtic had just of held a minutes silence or two for the war dead, I wouldnt have had to come on here and point these facts out, now would I? Thats all Im saying. I think my views on sport and politics are crystal clear. If politics didnt exist in Celtic Football Club, the minutes silence would have been observed instead of a pathetic round of applause. End of story. Ive said my piece and dont need or want to say anything more on issue.

I am quite happy to talk about football, very happy to. I think you'll find I had the good grace to come on here last week and warmly congratulate Celtic for a great result against United. But if something needs to be pointed out, I will...

Brewster,

I'll ask again...

Do you think it's right that sports and politics mix?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

instead of a pathetic round of applause.

Why was it pathetic?
    There is no denying that both Rangers and Celtic fans are very much enamoured of sectarianism.

Enamoured of sectarianism? WTF does that mean?
    There are ferociously scummy aspects to both teams supporters.

That's up there with some of the most stupid generalisations I've read on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Why was it pathetic?

Enamoured of sectarianism? WTF does that mean?

That's up there with some of the most stupid generalisations I've read on this thread.

How is that a stupid generalisation?

Name one club without scummy fans? Rangers and Celtic fans do tend to take the biscuit in this part of the world because of the sectarian edge to it, and yeah, plenty of scumbags support them. Just like lots of teams.

And as for enamoured of/with sectarianism, that means they still love it. It identifies them, it makes supporting their team that little bit sweeter.

• Advertisement

Brewster,

I'll ask again...

Do you think it's right that sports and politics mix?

I think if you re-read my posts it would be pretty obvious what my views are. Unless your comprehension skills aren't the best! Ive said my piece, similar views were expressed on Talk Sport this evening. Some Celtic fans have embarassed themselves over this which is regretable. Time to move on, we clearly aren't going to agree. I can only make the same points so many times before it becomes ridiculous. Lets get back to the football.......

I think if you re-read my posts it would be pretty obvious what my views are. Unless your comprehension skills aren't the best! Ive said my piece, similar views were expressed on Talk Sport this evening. Some Celtic fans have embarassed themselves over this which is regretable. Time to move on, we clearly aren't going to agree. I can only make the same points so many times before it becomes ridiculous. Lets get back to the football.......

Why can't you answer a simple question put to you?

Do you think sports and politics mix?

If you can't answer it then how about you let the adults debate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

can we get back to talking about football please, i agree the debate above does have issues with a lot of celtic fans but this is a soccer forum. anyway im not going to agree or disagree with either of uz above and thats the last im going to mention on the whole poppy issue!

so kilmarnock on wednesday, we're in good form and im expecting a handy 3 points. anyone know a website where i can catch the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

also eirebear do u not think your 4th goal on sunday should have been disallowed for high foot? i reckon if that had happened anywhere else on the pitch the ref would have blown up. whittaker's foot was up at head height. if uz win the league on goal difference....

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    also eirebear do u not think your 4th goal on sunday should have been disallowed for high foot? i reckon if that had happened anywhere else on the pitch the ref would have blown up. whittaker's foot was up at head height. if uz win the league on goal difference....

EB is away on holiday so won't be on for a couple of weeks.

Ihope your having a laugh about disallowed goals yeah the fourth goal could have been chopped off but then so could the McManus hand ball one earlier on in the season and Caldwell using his arm against Hearts the other week Soooo if you lot win the league on goal difference.........
    :D:D:p

Why can't you answer a simple question put to you?

Do you think sports and politics mix?

If you can't answer it then how about you let the adults debate?

Bobby, I think most people myself included are getting a little bit fed up of the bickering. Lets get back to the football as other posters have pointed out. There no point, you'd argue black was white and vice versa rather than acknowledge any problem with a section of your clubs supporters. Everyone knows the truth....So why bother I ask myself?

Bad blow for the Rangers boy Kevin Thomson, out for season. Hes a cracking player, one of Rangers best by all accounts. Think it could swing title in Celtic's favour. May I be the first to wish him a speedy recovery.

ziggy wrote: »

It is the second time got the first one when he was a teenager with hibs but I am sure we will cope Ferguson is back :p

EB is away on holiday so won't be on for a couple of weeks.

Ihope your having a laugh about disallowed goals yeah the fourth goal could have been chopped off but then so could the McManus hand ball one earlier on in the season and Caldwell using his arm against Hearts the other week Soooo if you lot win the league on goal difference.........
    :D:D:p

Decisions have gone far more for us than against us so far this year.

Soft peno's, red cards, favourable refereeing decisions, you'd swear we're now the establishment team!!!

Bobby, I think most people myself included are getting a little bit fed up of the bickering. Lets get back to the football as other posters have pointed out. There no point, you'd argue black was white and vice versa rather than acknowledge any problem with a section of your clubs supporters. Everyone knows the truth....So why bother I ask myself?

Bad blow for the Rangers boy Kevin Thomson, out for season. Hes a cracking player, one of Rangers best by all accounts. Think it could swing title in Celtic's favour. May I be the first to wish him a speedy recovery.

Let's leave it there he says... and then takes another swipe.

Check back on my record of slating some morons whom follow Celtic.

We can move on so easily if you just answer the question...

Do you think that sports and politics mix?

• Advertisement

Run along now Bobby.... Ive no desire to continue this debate with your good self any longer......!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Run along now Brewster.... no one has any desire to continue this debate with your good self any longer......!

FYP to reflect reality ;)

Run along now Bobby.... Ive no desire to continue this debate with your good self any longer......!

Good man, leave the debate to the adults.

Sport and politics are inseparable, always have been always will be. At least some of us can see that.

If it was possible to separate sports and politics then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Celtic were formed as a result of British misrule in Ireland so there will always be a part of that in Celtic FC... thankfully.

...and regardless of what you say about sport and politics you agree that they should mix, your posts on this thread show that.

Run along now Bobby.... I repeat no desire to continue this debate with you! Some one on here has to show a level of maturity....

Run along now Bobby.... I repeat no desire to continue this debate with you! Some one on here has to show a level of maturity....

:D:D:D

You're throwing snowballs then when confronted and ask to explain yourself you run away!

Thats right Bob....I think you'll find most posters on here were fed up with the debate, so low and behold I stopped. Now theres a novel idea Bob! I stopped i.e I stopped debating the issue Bob! Can you stop Bob? Just dont reply Bob.. Go on try it...

I hope you get a bit of snow soon so you and your friends can make a nice snowman together........:):):P

Thats right Bob....I think you'll find most posters on here were fed up with the debate, so low and behold I stopped. Now theres a novel idea Bob! I stopped i.e I stopped debating the issue Bob! Can you stop Bob? Just dont reply Bob.. Go on try it...

I hope you get a bit of snow soon so you and your friends can make a nice snowman together........:):):P

But you refused to debate, you flung accusations and ran when you were challenged to back them up.

One simple answer to one simple question will end it all... but you refuse to answer it as you know that I will win the debate if you do.

Good girl Bobby.... Dats right!

Now run along.... You have a match to play tonight, have you nothing constructive to say about this football match? Try your best anyway, thats all anyone can ask of you......

Oh by the way, if it makes you feel better Bob and to act an incentive to help you stop posting about this topic... Ill put on the record that you won the debate!! :pac::pac::D

• Advertisement

Oh by the way, if it makes you feel better Bob and to act an incentive to help you stop posting about this topic... Ill put on the record that you won the debate!! :pac::pac::D

You lost the debate pages ago by refusing to debate.

Thank you for admitting you're a loser!

Celtic are magic!

Looks like Naka should be available for tonight's game. Samaras and Loovens have also been taking part in training. Not sure what the craic is with Maloney. I expect Sheridan will start with McDonald, and Samaras may come on for a brief spell.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7721229.stm

Should be able to beat Killie comfortably. 3-0 Celtic.

Wonder when JVoH is back? Seems like ages since he's played.

You lost the debate pages ago by refusing to debate.

Thank you for admitting you're a loser!

Celtic are magic!

Dats right Bob......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Is Crosas still injured for you lot? Has he featured at all for ye? Disappointed the lad hasn't made an impact...

eZe^ wrote: »
    Is Crosas still injured for you lot? Has he featured at all for ye? Disappointed the lad hasn't made an impact...

Still injured. He was definitely starting to make an impact just as he got injured (typical :rolleyes: :D ), seemed to take a while to settle in, but he was being picked regularily. Clever player, good passer, just what we need in midfield.

League cup semi final draw is at 3pm today, I want Rangers in the final we haven't beaten them in a final in years. Dundee Utd and Falkirk also in draw.

• Advertisement

Badabing wrote: »
    League cup semi final draw is at 3pm today, I want Rangers in the final we haven't beaten them in a final in years. Dundee Utd and Falkirk also in draw.

Rangers won't get to the final though if they get Dundee United. ;)

Yeah your right Dundee utd have the measure of them recently :)

I think Rangers will be in final! Can the mighty Celts join them or will a resurgent Dundee United sneak through!!? Final is on the weekend of Ireland Scotland 6 Nations game in Edinburgh.. Could be plenty of Irish in Scotland that wkd!

Ah but we did'nt you lot did Looking forward to us picking up our first trophy of the season on the 15th March ;):p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement