Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eZe^ wrote: »
    Is Crosas still injured for you lot? Has he featured at all for ye? Disappointed the lad hasn't made an impact...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57650278#post57650278

;)

Injured a good while now.

Naka and Donati start tonight!

1-0!

Nice goal from Sheridan. He flicked a kickout superbly on to McDonald who held it up for Sheridan to take the ball while running past and slot it in with his left.

Naka taking a more tough tackles. Does this team really just want to injur him?

That half flew in and the passing has been a joy. We're doing to them exactly what Man Utd did to us and they're defending as well as we did vs Utd.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

eirebhoy wrote: »
    That half flew in and the passing has been a joy. We're doing to them exactly what Man Utd did to us and they're defending as well as we did vs Utd.

Eirebhoy, any sign of Samaras and/or Loovens on the bench? Stuck watching the huns here on Setanta. :rolleyes:

PauloMN wrote: »
    Eirebhoy, any sign of Samaras and/or Loovens on the bench? Stuck watching the huns here on Setanta. :rolleyes:
    Samaras on the bench.

CELTIC: M. Brown Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, Wilson; Nakamura, S.Brown, Donati, Maloney; McDonald, Sheridan
    Subs: Fox, O’Dea, Caddis, Robson, Samaras, Hartley, Mizuno

Stream here:

http://www.rojadirecta.com/

Click the UStream link under Celtic match.

Cool, thanks Eirebhoy. Works a treat. (You can remove that link now if you want, not sure how they take those links on here). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

its all us but we need a 2nd to finish it off imo. maybe time for samaras

Sheridan makes it 2. Donati with a good shot which the keeper couldn't hold onto and Sheridan is first in to put it into the net.

• Advertisement

Samaras on, I'd say he got some reception.

easy tap in for cillian, great to see him scoring twice. didnt think much of him at first but hes doing well now. 13mins left at fir park and the gers are still being held:D

and papac just strechered off in what looks like a bad injury. heard he just signed a new contract today, some way to celebrate!!

Naka does it again against them. Great team goal. Excellent pass by Brown.

Naka's goal:
    http://h1.ripway.com/kds/Naka.wmv

Donati my motm by far tonight. The difference between an in form Donati/Crosas and Hartley is a completely different playing style.

Naka's goal:
    http://h1.ripway.com/kds/Naka.wmv

Donati my motm by far tonight. The difference between an in form Donati/Crosas and Hartley is a completely different playing style.

Trouble is, how often have we seen an in-form Donati?

You don't like Hartley, do you? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Good to see Sheridan getting another couple of goals. His confidence will be sky high. Hopefully one for the future for Ireland...

Celtic going from strength to strength in league... 9 wins on bounce, thats fantastic form even by SPL standards....

Trouble is, how often have we seen an in-form Donati?

You don't like Hartley, do you? :D:D
    Yeh I agree about Donati. I've been saying Crosas just needs to be a consistent version of Donati.

Hartley - I watched the first half of the Motherwell game on Saturday and Motherwell had a lot of the ball. imo Hartley is the reason for this. He sits too deep and invites pressure. Way too slow on the ball. Don't like him because he's about Coca Cola Championship standard at best. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeh I agree about Donati. I've been saying Crosas just needs to be a consistent version of Donati.

Hartley - I watched the first half of the Motherwell game on Saturday and Motherwell had a lot of the ball. imo Hartley is the reason for this. He sits too deep and invites pressure. Way too slow on the ball. Don't like him because he's about Coca Cola Championship standard at best. :)
    Would you not agree that CC Championship is a similar level to the SPL?

I'd like to see what the current Reading or Birmingham teams would do in Scotland

• Advertisement

It's a better standard then the SPL but this is Celtic. I don't want players of Championship standard in the team.

I'd like to see what the current Reading or Birmingham teams would do in Scotland

In general, I'd say Celtic and Rangers would be just above Championship level - with their current players both would probably be lower table Premiership level. The bottom end of the SPL - Hamilton, St. Mirren etc. are nowhere near Championship level. There's quite a difference in quality from top to bottom in the SPL. Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and sometimes Hearts (when they are not self-imploding :D ) are the only teams that have any semblance of quality outside of the top two. The rest are pretty poor, although the league table doesn't always do justice to those teams that at least try and play football (like Falkirk) compared with those who don't (Killie).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

In general, I'd say Celtic and Rangers would be just above Championship level

There's not many teams in the Coca Cola Championship that would be capable of beating Man U, Juventus, Barcelona, Valencia, AC Milan, Liverpool etc... in big Euro nights like Celtic have in recent times.

We'd finish anywhere in the 6-14th range - probably around 8/9th. Within 5 years we;d be challenging the domination of top 4 and probably ousted at least one of them. Would win the EPL within ten years of joining it.

There's not many teams in the Coca Cola Championship that would be capable of beating Man U, Juventus, Barcelona, Valencia, AC Milan, Liverpool etc... in big Euro nights like Celtic have in recent times.

We'd finish anywhere in the 6-14th range - probably around 8/9th. Within 5 years we;d be challenging the domination of top 4 and probably ousted at least one of them. Would win the EPL within ten years of joining it.

That's why I said "in general"... ;) I don't think we'd finish anywhere near 6th in the EPL with our current squad. 14th at best I'd guess, probably somewhere in/nearer the relegation zone.

We raise our game for big Euro nights. This is something not totally unique to Celtic. Given the opportunity for big CL games at home, I'm sure there's a few teams in the Championship that could also get shock results at home.

Anyway, it's a moot point - we'll not be joining the EPL any time soon, so we just have to beat what's put in front of us, and do the best we can in Europe with our limited budget.

Fair points Lads....

I think Rangers/Celtic would definitely challenge for premiership in time. Just cant see it happening tho.

Whats the deal on Strachan? Why are some people so down on him? I think he has done an absolute fantastic job and he doesnt get the credit he deserves I feel. I can see his background would be a problem for some of the moronic elements of the Celtic support but surely there must be more too it than this?? His record at home and in Europe is ever bit as good as O'Neill, yet most of the Celtic fans who post on here are down on him? You have just won 9 games on the bounce , you have struggled with injuries to key players and yet Celtic just dont look like dropping points?! This is also on back of three league titles, the odd cup and twice making last 16 of CL and this year Celtic should be good for a run in UEFA cup at worst? Baffling I would have thought?

Your thoughts....

Brewster wrote: »
    Whats the deal on Strachan? Why are some people so down on him? I think he has done an absolute fantastic job and he doesnt get the credit he deserves I feel.
    I was always a big fan of Strachan until after this summer when I looked at the squad and it didn't look to have improved since he took over. Fair enough he's on a limited budget but I don't think there was any excuses for not replacing Naylor or saying it would take £15m to improve the central defence.

Since then though Caldwell and McManus have gone a long way to winning me over. I'll always have doubts about Caldwell who is now the higher rated of the 2. But I think McManus is very solid and imo he was motm in both games against Man Utd. I think McManus will always be as good as the defence he's in. He could play in a top defence and look good or a crap defence and look crap. At Old Trafford though he was magnificent and the only time Utd troubled Boruc was through set pieces and a couple of long shots. That was the best I've ever seen McManus play.

When I looked at the midfield players before the CL started I was very excited. Unfortunately Crosas hasn't had a chance to play in the CL yet and so we're stuck with Hartley. I really hope we're still in Europe after Christmas and get a chance to see Celtic in Europe with a full squad available. Crosas, Brown, McGeady, Maloney and Naka in the same team excites me hugely. Talking about a 14th place in the premiership, all those players with the exception of the yet unproven Crosas are more than capable of playing in a top half premiership team imo. I think there's potential there to finally move up a level under Strachan which is all I want atm.

• Advertisement

Fair points Lads....

I think Rangers/Celtic would definitely challenge for premiership in time. Just cant see it happening tho.

Whats the deal on Strachan? Why are some people so down on him? I think he has done an absolute fantastic job and he doesnt get the credit he deserves I feel. I can see his background would be a problem for some of the moronic elements of the Celtic support but surely there must be more too it than this?? His record at home and in Europe is ever bit as good as O'Neill, yet most of the Celtic fans who post on here are down on him? You have just won 9 games on the bounce , you have struggled with injuries to key players and yet Celtic just dont look like dropping points?! This is also on back of three league titles, the odd cup and twice making last 16 of CL and this year Celtic should be good for a run in UEFA cup at worst? Baffling I would have thought?

Your thoughts....

First of all, I think the number of Celtic fans who are anti-Strachan based purely on his background is so small it's not worth even mentioning. I've never met one, nor have I ever even read reference to such on Celtic forums. In fact the only mention I've ever heard of people being anti-Strachan because of his background is from non-Celtic fans.

Overall I think Strachan has done a pretty good job. It's hard to argue with 3 league titles and making it to the last 16 of the CL twice running.

But there are some things that he has done - or not done - that have baffled Celtic fans. Eirebhoy touched on one, and that's the failure to replace Naylor at left-back. We HAVE to believe that Celtic are a big enough club to get a better solution to left back than Naylor. He had a great first season, but was consistently poor in his 2nd season, and our vulnerability there was exposed time and time again by teams. Yet Strachan (and the board it has to be said) failed to address the position in a couple of transfer windows. Not good enough.

Team selection and substitutions is something else that Celtic fans will often be at odds over with Strachan. He seems to continue to play some players who appear to have lost form, and not give others a chance. Sometimes he'll seem to be doing this just to prove a point to the media and his critics, rather than doing what he should for the best of the team. Same with substitutions. Taking off a striker when we're a goal down at home to 10 man Motherwell last season - nuts. People thought we had lost the league that day, and a lot of resentment built up against Strachan for that.

At the same time, he seems to be able to get the team to pull out performances when they look dead and buried. Last season, after losing to Rangers at Ibrox and then to Motherwell at home, it looked all over for Celtic. Who'd have thought we'd win the 7 remaining games - 2 against Rangers, 2 away to Motherwell, and one each against Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee Utd. Really says something for him and the team to clinch the title after the poor spell we had.

Some people would question his signings though. He's brought in some good players, but he's also brought in some disasters (see Gravesen). Some others weren't great but I feel could have been had they been given the same opportunities as others (see Jarosik). Lots of people resent him for not utilising Riordan when he had him, but I guess he knows a lot more about these players and their attitudes than we'll ever know, so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

If I was to give an out of 10 score, I'd say I'd give him 7. If he didn't play so many mind games with the media and didn't constantly feel the need to prove his point all the time, even to the detriment of the team, that would be a 9. European footie - of some description - after Christmas, and 4IAR and that'll move up to a 10. :D

He's rotating the squad a lot now - mainly down to injuries of course - but he's doing a fine job of it, and the players are responding no doubt. Sometimes an injury crisis can be the best thing to happen if the fringe players grab the opportunity to cement a spot in the team. Sheridan and Donati have done themselves the world of good in the last few games.

First of all, I think the number of Celtic fans who are anti-Strachan based purely on his background is so small it's not worth even mentioning. I've never met one, nor have I ever even read reference to such on Celtic forums. In fact the only mention I've ever heard of people being anti-Strachan because of his background is from non-Celtic fans.

Overall I think Strachan has done a pretty good job. It's hard to argue with 3 league titles and making it to the last 16 of the CL twice running.

But there are some things that he has done - or not done - that have baffled Celtic fans. Eirebhoy touched on one, and that's the failure to replace Naylor at left-back. We HAVE to believe that Celtic are a big enough club to get a better solution to left back than Naylor. He had a great first season, but was consistently poor in his 2nd season, and our vulnerability there was exposed time and time again by teams. Yet Strachan (and the board it has to be said) failed to address the position in a couple of transfer windows. Not good enough.

Team selection and substitutions is something else that Celtic fans will often be at odds over with Strachan. He seems to continue to play some players who appear to have lost form, and not give others a chance. Sometimes he'll seem to be doing this just to prove a point to the media and his critics, rather than doing what he should for the best of the team. Same with substitutions. Taking off a striker when we're a goal down at home to 10 man Motherwell last season - nuts. People thought we had lost the league that day, and a lot of resentment built up against Strachan for that.

At the same time, he seems to be able to get the team to pull out performances when they look dead and buried. Last season, after losing to Rangers at Ibrox and then to Motherwell at home, it looked all over for Celtic. Who'd have thought we'd win the 7 remaining games - 2 against Rangers, 2 away to Motherwell, and one each against Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee Utd. Really says something for him and the team to clinch the title after the poor spell we had.

Some people would question his signings though. He's brought in some good players, but he's also brought in some disasters (see Gravesen). Some others weren't great but I feel could have been had they been given the same opportunities as others (see Jarosik). Lots of people resent him for not utilising Riordan when he had him, but I guess he knows a lot more about these players and their attitudes than we'll ever know, so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

If I was to give an out of 10 score, I'd say I'd give him 7. If he didn't play so many mind games with the media and didn't constantly feel the need to prove his point all the time, even to the detriment of the team, that would be a 9. European footie - of some description - after Christmas, and 4IAR and that'll move up to a 10. :D

He's rotating the squad a lot now - mainly down to injuries of course - but he's doing a fine job of it, and the players are responding no doubt. Sometimes an injury crisis can be the best thing to happen if the fringe players grab the opportunity to cement a spot in the team. Sheridan and Donati have done themselves the world of good in the last few games.

i need not say more. i agree fully. hopefully sylvinho will come in january to fill in at left full, although he will be 35 in april which could mean we only get 18 months out of him. any transfer targets rumoured? i see news on the dundee utd keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

100% Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and from me

Very good...

His record is unbelievable, yet there are Celtic fans who slag him off all the time. All managers sign the odd dud, look at Sir Alex sure! Klebersen, Djemba Djemba anyone?! I think you'll miss him when hes gone Paulo, and I also think he will be upto a 10 in your rating come the end of the season!

Disagree slightly on the the background thing, ive been told by a Celtic pal of mine who regularly visits Glasgow that there is an element of the support who dont want him around because he is not "Celtic minded". They explained to me what this meant, that why I raised issue of background in my original posting.

• Advertisement

Disagree slightly on the the background thing, ive been told by a Celtic pal of mine who regularly visits Glasgow that there is an element of the support who dont want him around because he is not "Celtic minded". They explained to me what this meant, that why I raised issue of background in my original posting.

There's arseholes in all walks of life. They're usually the loudest people around unfortunately. Celtic Park is no different. I think there's so few people who actually believe all that "Celtic minded" bull**** that they are not worth even talking about.

Like I say, I've never come across anyone who seriously thinks Strachan should not be Celtic's manager because he's not "Celtic minded". If I did, I'd probably start re-evaluating who I was hanging around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Could'nt have said it better myself tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Maybe its been discussed before .... I've noticed that in recent matches Aiden hasnt started nor has he been on the bench. Is he injured? If so, that's okay, but if not, is the rumoured rift between himself and Strachan getting worse and what does it mean for his future at the club. The January transfer window is coming up and an unhappy Aiden McGeady is likely to seek a position elsewhere. With O'Neill at A.Villa there may be a suitable buyer.
    Its also a bit worrying from an Irish international perspective.

Thoughts anyone?

On a more positive note, its good to see Cillian Sheridan burst on the 1st team like he has. I havent seen enough of him yet to judge but if he keeps this progress up it will be good news for Celtic and potentially Ireland.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

redspider wrote: »
    Maybe its been discussed before .... I've noticed that in recent matches Aiden hasnt started nor has he been on the bench. Is he injured? If so, that's okay, but if not, is the rumoured rift between himself and Strachan getting worse and what does it mean for his future at the club. The January transfer window is coming up and an unhappy Aiden McGeady is likely to seek a position elsewhere. With O'Neill at A.Villa there may be a suitable buyer.

Thoughts anyone?

On a more positive note, its good to see Cillian Sheridan burst on the 1st team like he has. I havent seen enough of him yet to judge but if he keeps this progress up it will be good news for Celtic and potentially Ireland.

Redspider
    Pretty sure I heard on Sky Sports News that McGeady missed the Kilmarnock game because of a calf injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

redspider wrote: »

Thoughts anyone?
    Calf injury picked up in training before the united game

If people dislike him just because of his background and isnt "Celtic Minded", doesnt that make them completely bigoted? Regardless of his success as a manager, they are going to dislike him because of his point of view??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Dempsey wrote: »
    If people dislike him just because of his background and isnt "Celtic Minded", doesnt that make them completely bigoted? Regardless of his success as a manager, they are going to dislike him because of his point of view??

I know a lot of Celtic fans that hate Strachan (me included), hand on heart not one of them hates him because he is not "Celtic minded", I think it is unbelievably ridiculous to suggest this without anyone offering any proof of it.

I have a myriad of reasons for not liking Strachan from his weird team selections, to his stubborness, refusal to buy a left back, not playing O'Dea more, his constant fighting and digs at McGeady, signing loads of huns who were nowhere near good enough to play for Celtic, his treatment of Riordan, his interviews to the media, playing his favourites, etc...

It has nothing to do with him not being Celtic minded, we've had plenty of managers who have not been Celtic Minded, none of them had trouble for not being Celtic Minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I think alot of it has to do with the unbelievable high admiration that the Celtic faithfull held Martin O'Neill in and when you replace someone like that you really are on a hiding to nothing and while he has eventually won over alot of the fans there are still those myself included who while recognising the very good job he has done cant help but think, for the reasons Bobby has outlined, that it could have been even better.

Quite recently someone tried to argue with me that he has been a better manager than MON for Celtic and tbh i nearly choked in fairness MON is streets ahead and those that qoute the last 16 thing just remember it was MON who re-invented Celtic as a european team to be respected and reaching the last 16 the last two seasons was imo merely a culmination of what MON had started. He had given the club as a whole hte confidence and belief that they could compete at that level and that they belonged there and also off course improved the co-efficent that they are now third seeds in the group stages.

Genuinely never got a hint from anyone that they were anti-Strachan because of his background and history. A lot of people just don't like his sarcastic character. If he was a more likeable person he'd have much more fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I know a lot of Celtic fans that hate Strachan (me included), hand on heart not one of them hates him because he is not "Celtic minded", I think it is unbelievably ridiculous to suggest this without anyone offering any proof of it.

I have a myriad of reasons for not liking Strachan from his weird team selections, to his stubborness, refusal to buy a left back, not playing O'Dea more, his constant fighting and digs at McGeady, signing loads of huns who were nowhere near good enough to play for Celtic, his treatment of Riordan, his interviews to the media, playing his favourites, etc...

It has nothing to do with him not being Celtic minded, we've had plenty of managers who have not been Celtic Minded, none of them had trouble for not being Celtic Minded.

Out of interest what H***;)

• Advertisement

Genuinely never got a hint from anyone that they were anti-Strachan because of his background and history. A lot of people just don't like his sarcastic character. If he was a more likeable person he'd have much more fans.

Cant agree, hes one of the most likeable characters in game, always game for a laugh. Its refreshing for the game. Hes a much more likeable guy than Martin O Neill thats for sure. Cant believe you dont think hes not a likeable character. Im in stitches every time I hear the man the way he treats the media!! Treats them with the respect they deserve.

Cant agree, hes one of the most likeable characters in game, always game for a laugh. Its refreshing for the game. Hes a much more likeable guy than Martin O Neill thats for sure. Cant believe you dont think hes not a likeable character. Im in stitches every time I hear the man the way he treats the media!! Treats them with the respect they deserve.

Brewster, with respect, you're not a Celtic supporter, hence you probably don't see him, hear him and read his quotes as much as the rest of us would do. And maybe when you do see him "having a laugh" with the media, because he's not managing the team you support, and hasn't just frustrated the hell out of you for 90 minutes, you can see the funny side of it whereas we probably can't.

I think he is a genuine character, and is probably likeable on a personal basis. I can also understand his attitude to the media, and in fairness to him, he's been much more reserved this season than the last few seasons. But he has done things to annoy supporters, and I think many of those things have been unnecessary.

There's no point in you as someone who doesn't support Celtic trying to convince people who do that he's really likeable and great for a laugh.

Calf injury picked up in training before the united game

Thanks. That explains it. I can forget about the conspiracy theories ...... for now .....

I think alot of it has to do with the unbelievable high admiration that the Celtic faithfull held Martin O'Neill in and when you replace someone like that you really are on a hiding to nothing and while he has eventually won over alot of the fans there are still those myself included who while recognising the very good job he has done cant help but think, for the reasons Bobby has outlined, that it could have been even better.

Quite recently someone tried to argue with me that he has been a better manager than MON for Celtic and tbh i nearly choked in fairness MON is streets ahead and those that qoute the last 16 thing just remember it was MON who re-invented Celtic as a european team to be respected and reaching the last 16 the last two seasons was imo merely a culmination of what MON had started. He had given the club as a whole hte confidence and belief that they could compete at that level and that they belonged there and also off course improved the co-efficent that they are now third seeds in the group stages.

Indeed but MON had bigger budgets to sign players, GS had much less by comparison and completely different transfer policy to work with. I'm not going to point all the problems that GS had because I think you already know them. Strachan is getting close to eclipsing MON.

Strachan makes decisions at times that baffles me. On the one hand, yes, he can complain that Celtic dont have the money to compete with the english clubs and I semi-agree with him. On the other hand, within Scotland Celtic have more money than anyone else. So, winning 3 league titles in a row is not exactly a surprise given the resources he has available to him. Our only competition is against Rangers and due to the traditional competiveness of the auld firm games and the fact that they have nearly as much money as Celtic, etc, Rangers and Celtic can be close in most seasons.

The real barometer for Celtic is of course the Champions League and in Europe, and there Gordon and Celtic have done well. Granted, Celtic are not a poor club in the European sense, usually top-20, so being in the final 16 is something that they should aspire to, and being in the top-32 should be a given.

As for Gordon's personality, he has very wry and at times dry wit, he can be short tempered, and did he write in his book about going up to a young lad and/or his Dad and giving out to him. He is not the most likeable of characters all the time, he is a small wee fiery scot.

He does know his football, although I dont understand some of his decisions at times.

So for Celtic fans, we need to put up with his quirkes, accept them for what they are, judge him by his football decisions, etc. We can certainly live with 3 titles in a row.

Redspider

Brewster, with respect, you're not a Celtic supporter, hence you probably don't see him, hear him and read his quotes as much as the rest of us would do. And maybe when you do see him "having a laugh" with the media, because he's not managing the team you support, and hasn't just frustrated the hell out of you for 90 minutes, you can see the funny side of it whereas we probably can't.

I think he is a genuine character, and is probably likeable on a personal basis. I can also understand his attitude to the media, and in fairness to him, he's been much more reserved this season than the last few seasons. But he has done things to annoy supporters, and I think many of those things have been unnecessary.

There's no point in you as someone who doesn't support Celtic trying to convince people who do that he's really likeable and great for a laugh.

He cant have frustrated you that much Paulo over last 9 games thats for sure! Im sure ull agree with me on that! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Dats right Bob......

you've shown that you are pretty ignorant of Celtic football club, politics in football and sectarianism in Scotland so that isnt much point tackling your hypocritical stance on those issues so -

I will just will you with these wee dittees!

But I suppose why not be lazy and say that wee are all the same eh! its easier that way. :cool:

Very surprised the ref gave that peno. Looked clearly outside the box on first viewing.

It's interesting. Celtic haven't been poor on the ball. They just haven't had anywhere near enough of it. Again I'll blame Hartley being on the team on that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You were saying something about the bearded one? :)

• Advertisement

the bearded one? :)

that was a close shave!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement