Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just in the nick of time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Hhhhmmm another dodgy pen fot the tic and the Refs are all supposed to be H*** ;):p

Don't forget the dodgy offside goal given to Hamilton :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You were saying something about the bearded one? :)
    I hope these goals aren't going to keep him in the team. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Hhhhmmm another dodgy pen fot the tic and the Refs are all supposed to be H*** ;):p

Yup, another dodgy decision going our way (thank God, we needed it!).

Another 120 years of this and we're even!!!

In fairness it's hard to blame the ref or his assistant for that call, it must be difficult to get it right. Today is a perfect example of how TV technology could help officials get big calls right.

• Advertisement

Yup, another dodgy decision going our way (thank God, we needed it!).

Another 120 years of this and we're even!!!

In fairness it's hard to blame the ref or his assistant for that call, it must be difficult to get it right. Today is a perfect example of how TV technology could help officials get big calls right.

Your right about the technology Bobby could'ny agree more, but the 120 year thing is funny tell me this if that was the case how on earth did celtic manage to win 9 in a row :P:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Hey guys, great to see a thread devoted to Celtic. Just noticed the thread is called Glasgow Celtic. The name of the club is 'Celtic Football Club' no Glasgow. The Glasgow is more of a hun thing I'm fairly sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

younge wrote: »
    The Glasgow is more of a hun thing I'm fairly sure.

:D A "hun thing"? Lol, you'll fit right in around here. ;)

Like I said before, this is belted out over the tannoy in CP every game:
    For we only know that there's going to be a show,
    And the Glasgow Celtic will be there,
    And the Glasgow Celtic will be there.

Hardly "hunnish" now is it? Not a fenian or a famine in sight. :pac:

younge wrote: »
    Hey guys, great to see a thread devoted to Celtic. Just noticed the thread is called Glasgow Celtic. The name of the club is 'Celtic Football Club' no Glasgow. The Glasgow is more of a hun thing I'm fairly sure.

Common misconception this Glasgow thing Rangers FC are just that no Glasgow in there name same goes for Celtic :p

Common misconception this Glasgow thing Rangers FC are just that no Glasgow in there name same goes for Celtic :p

Yup, yourself and younge are right.

Celtic's name does not incorporate "Glasgow" whatsoever.

Also, I believe Rangers are officially known as "The Rangers Football Club"

• Advertisement

Boruc on the lash again while back in Poland recovering from operation.

1226892775618.jpg

1226892775625.jpg

1226892775629.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Celtic linked with St Pat's midfielder Keith Fahey

monkey9 wrote: »
    Celtic linked with St Pat's midfielder Keith Fahey
    And Bellamy.

Yup, yourself and younge are right.

Celtic's name does not incorporate "Glasgow" whatsoever.

Also, I believe Rangers are officially known as "The Rangers Football
    Club"

Sorry Bobby it is "Rangers Football Club" :p

Robson pulled out of the Scotland squad through injury.

Hartley got injured in the match and will most likely miss the weekend's game as well as next week's CL game.

Donati has been ruled out of next week's CL game.

Crosas is still out with his long term injury.

So we have Brown left. Maybe Robson will be fit but it'll mean Brown having to sit back for most of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Boruc on the lash again while back in Poland recovering from operation.

What an idiot........ The cigar... Im quite sure its far from cigars he was reared on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Boruc goes on the lash and McGeady gets beat up in a nightclub

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/11/20/SPL-McGeady-attacked-in-nightclub/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Brewster wrote: »
    What an idiot........ The cigar... Im quite sure its far from cigars he was reared on.....

Nice troll work there.

Looks like you're quoting me.:mad:;)

That will teach Mr. Murphy, he wont be planning a pitch invasion again for a good few years...... Numpty...

Fan detained over pitch invasion

A teenager who invaded the pitch during Celtic's Champions League match against Manchester United earlier this month has been locked up for six months.

John Murphy, 18, of Glenavon Road, Glasgow, was also given a five-year banning order from football grounds - one of the longest imposed in Scotland.

He had admitted invading the pitch at Celtic Park on 5 November.

Uefa fined Celtic £42,000 plus £17,000 that had been suspended following a similar incident last season.

Sentencing Murphy at Glasgow Sheriff Court, Sheriff Linda Ruxton branded his behaviour "dangerous and irresponsible".

"Not only did you create a situation in which there were fears for the safety of the players on the pitch, but you interrupted a high-profile match and created a situation which might easily have provoked serious public disorder," she said.

"Furthermore, you brought Scottish football generally and Celtic Football Club in particular into disrepute and your behaviour caused the club to be fined a substantial amount."

Sheriff Ruxton said she would have detained him for nine months but in view of his guilty plea she reduced it to six months.

She also imposed a football banning order which bars him from attending any regulated football match in the UK or abroad for five years.

"Such a sentence is particularly designed to have a deterrent effect on others who need to appreciate that such behaviour at football matches will not be tolerated by the courts," she said.

Murphy was admonished on a charge of drunkenness.

• Advertisement

Good away win today keeping us 4 points ahead. A little bit of controversy today

http://i33.tinypic.com/23t5nuq.jpg

Hinkel is in excellent form atm. Wilson isn't doing too badly either. Great to have Samaras back for Tuesday. He could really be a class player in 4 or 5 years time. I don't think he's a naturally intelligent footballer but he's certainly willing to learn and he's always trying to think a few seconds ahead of receiving a pass.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

McGeady and JVoH both in squad for the Aalborg game tomorrow:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7745415.stm

I think it's going to be a great game. Both teams will be attacking as there's so much at stake.

Hope I don't jinx it, but I'm confident of a win. :eek: 2-1 to the hoops, Samaras to score.

I doubt Jan will be fit to start but hopefully McGeady will. I'd like to see...

Boruc
    Hinkel ---- Caldwell --- McManus ---- Wilson
    Brown
    Robson

Naka
    McGeady
    Maloney
    Samaras

Can't believe how much a lot of Rangers fans seem to hate James McCarthy btw.

Why dont you go home!
    ---
    TOO much hype for this young lad. Go home ! Shamrock Rovers is a more likely destination.
    ---
    Dont see the attraction at all, just another mediocre SPL midfielder.
    ---
    I honestly don't know what to say about rumous like this - the boy is not just less than decent, he is 100% useless. He has a poor touch, can't pass, can't tackle, doesn't score....exactly what does he do?

Hamilton is his level.
    ---
    Boot the wee bassa out of the country! Barca not want McGeady while they are at it as well.

http://www.gersforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=42449

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Would a score draw do us tomorrow? presuming Man Utd pummel them at home.

Can't believe how much a lot of Rangers fans seem to hate James McCarthy btw.

Why dont you go home!
    ---
    TOO much hype for this young lad. Go home ! Shamrock Rovers is a more likely destination.
    ---
    Dont see the attraction at all, just another mediocre SPL midfielder.
    ---
    I honestly don't know what to say about rumous like this - the boy is not just less than decent, he is 100% useless. He has a poor touch, can't pass, can't tackle, doesn't score....exactly what does he do?

Hamilton is his level.
    ---
    Boot the wee bassa out of the country! Barca not want McGeady while they are at it as well.

http://www.gersforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=42449

To be honest, what did you expect?.

Blackjack wrote: »
    To be honest, what did you expect?.
    I didn't think they felt so strongly because he seems like such a decent guy.

On a better note, Celtic fans appreciating the genius:
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8039510/1/

;)

Nowhere near his influential best but has scored in his last 4 games now.

I didn't think they felt so strongly because he seems like such a decent guy.

On a better note, Celtic fans appreciating the genius:
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8039510/1/

;)

Nowhere near his influential best but has scored in his last 4 games now.

Don't understimate Bigotry. Doesn't matter how good this guy is, there are plenty bigots out there who are going to take a dislike to him because he's going to play for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Seriously, don't be posting links to "Gers" forums on here. I try to steer clear as much as possible of that bile as I can. I read enough shіte on this thread from the anti-Celtic brigade on here without having to read more crap posted here from their forums.

Who gives a fuсk what they think of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

looks like the wheels may be about to come off Eirebhoy......

Kind of a crap position you leave me in here.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Seriously, don't be posting links to "Gers" forums on here. I try to steer clear as much as possible of that bile as I can. I read enough shіte on this thread from the anti-Celtic brigade on here without having to read more crap posted here from their forums.

Who gives a fuсk what they think of him?

Yeah cos you don't get any bile on KDS for example :p

And what is anti celtic when talking about this young fella

Not going to turn this thread into another epic on racism. All I'll say is I've never seen racism on KDS. Yes, I've read plenty of crap, but not racism.

I didn't say it was anti-Celtic. I said it's enough to have to read the anti-Celtic stuff on this thread without having to read racist crap from Rangers forums.

No more from me on the issue.

Fair play Paulo... It will only descend into a farce if another debate starts. Despite me wanting to stop debate on Remembrance Sunday issue a while back as people were fed up, Bobby Sands couldnt stop himself and was trying to goad me on..

Eirebhoy was on here last week going on about a 'hilarous genius' that tried to chain himself to a goalpost wearing a Tshirt of the pope at Ibrox? The mind boggles...

Good luck to Celtic 2nite, hope they can get a result for all the decent Celtic fans out there. Unfortunately the muppets will take joy in this also, which is a bit of shame..

Fair play Paulo... It will only descend into a farce if another debate starts. Despite me wanting to stop debate on Remembrance Sunday issue a while back as people were fed up, Bobby Sands couldnt stop himself and was trying to goad me on..

You have never debated with me, you refused to.

You make snowballs, cause trouble, refuse to debate and run away like a child as you know you're out of your depth.

I don't know why you bother posting on Celtic threads (well I do, it's just to antagonise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

What channels the game on tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Why are you even posting on this thread?

Eirebhoy was on here last week going on about a 'hilarous genius' that tried to chain himself to a goalpost wearing a Tshirt of the pope at Ibrox? The mind boggles...

Good luck to Celtic 2nite, hope they can get a result for all the decent Celtic fans out there. Unfortunately the muppets will take joy in this also, which is a bit of shame..

Have you anything to contribute to this thread? If not, why bother?

Why are you even posting on this thread?

Because I want to whats it got to do with you ;)
    Or do you feel that because I am a Rangers fan I should'nt have opinions

Because I want to whats it got to do with you ;)
    Or do you feel that because I am a Rangers fan I should'nt have opinions

No, you can do what you like, I'm asking why you would bother?

Also why you are allowed, seeing as Man U fans are discouraged from posting on the Liverpool threads and vice versa?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

seeing as Man U fans are discouraged from posting on the Liverpool threads and vice versa?

No they aren't.

Here, look
    GuanYin wrote: »
    This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Liverpool FC. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Des wrote: »
    No they aren't.

Here, look

key word; discouraged.

Go onto any EPL thread, tell them you are a fan of their main rivals and let rip like some bares do here. See what happens.....

No, you can do what you like, I'm asking why you would bother?

Also why you are allowed, seeing as Man U fans are discouraged from posting on the Liverpool threads and vice versa?

Because its good to type:p
    To be honest I dont see why you are getting so upset I dont think I have been over the top with any of my comments or would you rather it was all just Tic fans agreeing with one another now would that not be boring

Oh good!

I see the "why do you bother?" question is popping up again.

How many threads do you post in ONYD? Or does it depend on which of the mutlitude of teams you support are playing that day?

MREGAN wrote: »
    What channels the game on tonight?

ITV1 (Scotland) - easy to get with a Sky receiver or no-sub Lidl receiver etc.
    Sky Sports 2

http://www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

really hope we can do it tonight. wasnt happy with the comments from aalborgs scout, said he would fear saint mirren more than us. obviously bit of mind games going on but i reckon we can win by one or 2, providing we play real footballers, ie: maloney naka and mcgeady.
    btw its strange being a united fan for a day:D

Eirebear wrote: »
    Oh good!

I see the "why do you bother?" question is popping up again.

How many threads do you post in ONYD? Or does it depend on which of the mutlitude of teams you support are playing that day?

Very few. Only the LoI ones and Celtic ones.

The comment was more directed at Brewster and the likes who are only here to blatantly WUM, but I think its a legitimate question as to why you two post on a Celtic thread as often as you do. While you aren't the worst, what are you contributing? Why not start a Rangers thread?

The main thing is that we attack. We simply must score goals tonight... not just one goal but more because I have no doubt we will concede.

Would hate to see a 4-5-1 tonight. 4-4-2 all the way for me please!

Boruc

-- Hinkel ---- Caldwell ---- McManus ---- Wilson --

-- Naka
    Brown
    Robson ---- Maloney --

Samaras
    McDonald

Keep McGeady as a sub.

The comment was more directed at Brewster and the likes who are only here to blatantly WUM, but I think its a legitimate question as to why you two post on a Celtic thread as often as you do. While you aren't the worst, what are you contributing? Why not start a Rangers thread?

Because it would be an extremely pointless exercise really.

Even when it was the SPL thread the general discussion was Celtic based, simply down to the general make up of the users on this forum.

Believe it or not, there i'm more bothered about whats happening involving Celtic than any other team outside Rangers, therefore i enjoy talking about them and debating points about them with Celtic fans.

If i want to talk about Rangers i can easily go to the forum that Eirebhoy loves so much, or give BBE a quick call, easy.

Its not my fault that certain members on this forum cant see past their noses and do nothing but generalise when it comes to Rangers and the clubs supporters.

What are you talking about? I dont come on here to wind people up. Ive better things to be doing with my time. If I have something important to say Ill say it including criticising Celtic as needs be. Its an internet forum and I am entitled to post on here. Some of the Celtic fans on here are spot on, Ziggy, Paulo etc and Im not here to wind them up. I have many interests on boards.ie and this is not the only forum I post on. So wind your neck in.... Just because you do not agree with some of my postings, as they say the truth hurts...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement