Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgow Celtic Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2008/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

You have never debated with me, you refused to.

You make snowballs, cause trouble, refuse to debate and run away like a child as you know you're out of your depth.

I don't know why you bother posting on Celtic threads (well I do, it's just to antagonise).

Wind your neck in Bobby Sands.... Would you listen to yourself? The immaturity you display on this board. Your like a two year old... No, that would be unfair on a two year old....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Brewster wrote: »
    Wind your neck in Bobby Sands.... Would you listen to yourself? The immaturity you display on this board. Your like a two year old... No, that would be unfair on a two year old....

Play the ball not the man Brewster...

If you can't, or are afraid to, debate then don't post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Haven't popped my head in here in a long while but I see the age old routine of Eirebear protesting his innocence to Celtic fans continues...

2-1 to the Pope's 11 tonight, Samaras to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Haven't popped my head in here in a long while but I see the age old routine of Eirebear protesting his innocence to Celtic fans continues...

See, this is what happens when people just cant resist having a pop.

looking back at the last few posts i dont see any evidence of me "protesting my innocence".

See please explain old friend....what the hell are you on about?

Play the ball not the man Brewster...

Thats a good line Bobby, did you get a brain wave there at 4.30 when you edited your post and added it in?!
    If you can't, or are afraid to, debate then don't post.

I will debate with any man, anywhere. I posted 10 messages about Remembrance Sunday, this is hardly the actions of a man that wont debate. So like most of your postings on this site, yet again I get the awful stench of horse manure! Funny that eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Eirebear wrote: »
    See, this is what happens when people just cant resist having a pop.

looking back at the last few posts i dont see any evidence of me "protesting my innocence".

See please explain old friend....what the hell are you on about?

A pop? :confused: Wow, forget how defensive everyone is here!

I was simply referring to your line "enjoy talking about Celtic and debating points about them with Celtic fans"

A pop? :confused: Wow, forget how defensive everyone is here!

I was simply referring to your line "enjoy talking about Celtic and debating points about them with Celtic fans"

I dont see that as protesting innocence, if i didnt enjoy it i wouldnt bother being here.

Generally i dont go out of my way to wind people up (thats not to say i never have mind ;)) i just come on here and chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Eirebhoy was on here last week going on about a 'hilarous genius' that tried to chain himself to a goalpost wearing a Tshirt of the pope at Ibrox? The mind boggles...
    I wasn't saying he was hilarious because of the Ibrox pitch invasion. I wasn't saying he was a genius because of the Ibrox pitch invasion. I said I got to know him well. Over 100 people in my company got to know him well. He was hilarious. He was a genius (not literally but we don't take everything literally). You know all this anyway. Still doesn't stop you trying to make me sound like someone who gives 2 ****s about politics and football.

Eirebear, I'd have a look on that site once every 2 or 3 months if I'm bored. The fact that it allows Celtic fans on the site says it's not the worst bunch of Rangers fans on it. So I was very surprised to see the comments about him.

Anyway, for tonight. Same team as Saturday. McGeady failed fitness test. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I will debate with any man, anywhere. I posted 10 messages about Remembrance Sunday, this is hardly the actions of a man that wont debate. So like most of your postings on this site, yet again I get the awful stench of horse manure! Funny that eh?!

Again, can you play the ball and not the man please?

You ran away from questions I put to you on at least 6 occassions refusing to answer them.

Now if you're willing to debate can you tell me if you believe that sport and politics mix? However, you won't answer the question properly and you will run away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

eirebhoy wrote: »

Eirebear, I'd have a look on that site once every 2 or 3 months if I'm bored. The fact that it allows Celtic fans on the site says it's not the worst bunch of Rangers fans on it. So I was very surprised to see the comments about him.

The thread you refer to has three comments that are a bit off the others either think he is not good enough or will end up at Celtic or don't know enough about him to have an opinion.
    There are idiots on all Forums even Celtic ones or are they full of angels:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I have a feeling Caldwell will mess up and cost us dear, he has done well at the back this season and has improved but he is a liability in midfield.

The thread you refer to has three comments that are a bit off the others either think he is not good enough or will end up at Celtic or don't know enough about him to have an opinion.
    There are idiots on all Forums even Celtic ones or are they full of angels:rolleyes:
    The comments about him being absolutely rubbish also count for me. They want to believe he's rubbish. Anyway, Celtic are playing in half an hour so couldn't be arsed about McCarthy atm. :)

Again, can you play the ball and not the man please?

You ran away from questions I put to you on at least 6 occassions refusing to answer them.

Now if you're willing to debate can you tell me if you believe that sport and politics mix? However, you won't answer the question properly and you will run away!

Laughing, you are some case!! You continue to try and debate this issue even though Ive told you 1000 times that I and other people were fed up with you........

nice choice of entrance music from the Danes tonight! :D

The Danes are looking pretty damn awful at the minute, Celtic getting far too much space and time.

Samaras and Nakamura could have (should have even) made the game safe already.

• Advertisement

Scott Brown brilliant again in the CL. He really should be playing that (starting) deep role on a regular basis and not attacking midfield or wing. He looks classy when he takes the ball in and turns rather than running onto a pass at pace which he regularly does in other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

3 great chances, cant believ naka didnt put his one away. samaras is showing everything i hate about him.

Samaras is just simply bottling it. His confidence is completely shot for some reason. Never seen him play so bad and he's up against the quality of opposition he's getting the better of week in week out. Aalborg are definitely the worst team Celtic have played in the CL. Disaster if they fail to score.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    3 great chances, cant believ naka didnt put his one away. samaras is showing everything i hate about him.

Yep, Samaras hasn't been great so far. Hopefully things pick up 2nd half. Celtic started very well and at least are attacking and have the bulk of the possession. Aalborg look very poor, this is the best chance we've had in years to get an away win. Hopefully Strachan is in mid hair dryer mode as we speak. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I would put Sheridan on for Samaras

• Advertisement

I'd be inclined to agree with that if i was Strachan....but then we all know he doesnt think like the rest of us!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

YYYYAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to come eventually, cant see Aalborg getting back into it now TBH

What a fantastic header from Robson

Had to come eventually, cant see Aalborg getting back into it now TBH

Jinx. :mad:

Self destruction like only Celtic can

What a farce

Sorry Paulo...didnt mean it...honest....

Honestly im as shocked as anyone here, Celtic just seem to have hit self destruct all of a sudden

Maybe not such a good idea although he cannot be blamed for the 'press the red button' style at the back

Badabing wrote: »
    I have a feeling Caldwell will mess up and cost us dear, he has done well at the back this season and has improved but he is a liability in midfield.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

as much as ive defended strachan in the past, tonight is the last straw, he just pisses me right off. when we went 2-1 down why the **** didint he make a change straight away. caldwell is a prick also. and samaras is a ponce. thats my opinion on tonight. good night. and we didnt want the uefa ****ing cup anyway...

• Advertisement

Disgrace. Golden opportunity literally thrown away. Aalborg are gash and we couldn't even finish them.

Remote control broken along with our strike force.

League or bust now.

You might want to replace that Remote before Strachan appears for interview! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Absolute shambles that was. Get that absolute ponce samaras as far away from glasgow as possible - thermals and all. prick. Nakamura didnt look like he was wanting it either - goodbye in january your time is up.

Gutted, absoluted gutted, Robson was to only man up for the fight and i feel sorry for him.

You might want to replace that Remote before Strachan appears for interview! :eek:

I changed channel before it broke. Thankfully.

I'm stunned at that tonight. Literally stunned. Probably just as well we didn't get UEFA Cup because we just can't play like that in Europe.

I know the SPL is poor, but I just do not understand how Samaras (and a few others) could just switch off like that within a few days. He was awful tonight. Aalborg are the worst team in the CL, well they were at 7.45pm tonight anyway. I think we're officially the worst now... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

PauloMN wrote: »

Disgrace. Golden opportunity literally thrown away. Aalborg are gash and we couldn't even finish them.

Remote control broken along with our strike force.

League or bust now.

+1

F-ing Bratislava again, my poxy sky+ is fu**ed over that little red muppet, with his rendition of the Rankers now infamous "anti-football". Without any disrespect UCD would have beaten them piss poor Danes. Another mickey mouse f-up.

No more excuses, bye bye Strachan, now before we have to suffer again.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So what is it now? 1 point out of 54, or is it 57? Does it matter?

Seriously, I'd like to ask the other Celtic fans on here "what's wrong?". This is beyond bad luck, it's beyond the piss poor league we play in, it's beyond mediocre players. Something is inherently wrong with Celtic when it comes to away games in the CL. Unfortunately, something was wrong at home this season also.

I was saying to my wife the other day that - all joking aside - most LOI teams would be able to salvage more than 1 point out of the fifty-whatever points we've had available away from home. I seriously believe that.

What's gone wrong?

It's so surreal.

I thought Robson was fantastic. Brown played really well. McDonald created plenty and rarely wasted a pass. Naka kept possession well but was clearly injured. And I even thought Caldwell played very well other than stupidly giving the ball away twice and scoring an og (I know that obviously takes away from the rest of his performance though). And Wilson was very good.
    Yet we lost. :(

Getting knocked out of Europe is sore but to be honest we were going to get knocked out at some point and that's always sore. But it's the fact that this away run is now gaining even more momentum and the pressure getting bigger all the time. A win tonight would have taken so much pressure off the team away from home.

Anyway, I thought we were the better team and Strachan's surprise team selection worked. You know what I think of Hartley and there's no way himself and Brown would have played as well as Caldwell-Brown tonight imo.

It has to be the defence and their naivity ever since our defeat to Juventus in 2001 there have been terrible errors, from Balde in Lyon and Gary 'maradona' Caldwell in Benfica and tonite, no cool heads and no leadership it's very very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

PauloMN wrote: »
    So what is it now? 1 point out of 54, or is it 57? Does it matter?

Seriously, I'd like to ask the other Celtic fans on here "what's wrong?". This is beyond bad luck, it's beyond the piss poor league we play in, it's beyond mediocre players. Something is inherently wrong with Celtic when it comes to away games in the CL. Unfortunately, something was wrong at home this season also.

I was saying to my wife the other day that - all joking aside - most LOI teams would be able to salvage more than 1 point out of the fifty-whatever points we've had available away from home. I seriously believe that.

What's gone wrong?

Possibly that we have some of the best young talents, who now think they are superstars, and that playing against piss poor opponents weekly, they just can't lift they're game against better opposition. Then we have a manager who simply can't manage, who makes sh!t decisions, weekly, in not bringing on subs earlier than he should, playing sh!t like Robson, Caldwell, Wilson, and so on. Why the F did he not bring on Maloney/McGeady/poss Hartley after half time, instead he brings on Maloney on 82mins, f**k sake, its like putting on a 'johnny' when the damage is already done.

• Advertisement

its like putting on a 'johnny' when the damage is already done.

LOL, belter.

Although I now have an awful image of Chesney running up and down the side of the pitch with a johnny... :(

I can't argue with what you've said, but I do think there's something deeper also causing this. Yeah players spend most of their time playing against SPL dross, but they also played enough European games to know what quality opposition is like, and the thrill of playing in the CL.

The most galling thing about tonight was that Aalborg are really poor. It's one thing having a bad away record against the likes of Utd, Milan, Benfica etc., but Aalborg and Copenhagen are as near to SPL level as we'll ever get in Europe and they still hump us away.

Eirebhoy - Naka was decent early on but faded badly. He has a real irritating habit of holding the ball for too long imo, giving defenders time to track back. He did it all 2nd half, was driving me mad.

Hard luck Bhoys... Just seen goals, think you are being too hard on Caldwell. There was nothing he could do.. If you want to blame anybody, the attempted clearance by the blonde dutchman was just awful. No composure at all when it was needed most!

They were an awful team, id be surprised if they go any further in Uefa cup. Another poor night for Celtic and scottish football....

Why the F did he not bring on Maloney/McGeady/poss Hartley after half time, instead he brings on Maloney on 82mins, f**k sake, its like putting on a 'johnny' when the damage is already done.
    On overall play Celtic deserved to win by 2 or 3. I don't see how a sub at half time would have improved that. Strachan's not to blame tonight. He's angered me a few times but certainly not tonight. It was just bad luck, like the Bayern match and the Juve match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

playing sh!t like Robson, Caldwell, Wilson, and so on.

What fcuking game were you watching? Robson was solid and put in great effort. The sort of heart and commitment that the shirt warrants.

Spec saves appointment due eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

To be honest thought Celtic went into self desrict mode can't understand why they did'nt shut up shop when they were one up and certainly they should have done so at 1-1

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Right on the money Ziggy... That dutch fella looks awful... How much did Celtic pay for him? 3m odd? I have a feeling Lawell signed him to get one up on Rangers who had been chasing him all summer apparently...

Right on the money Ziggy... That dutch fella looks awful... How much did Celtic pay for him? 3m odd? I have a feeling Lawell signed him to get one up on Rangers who had been chasing him all summer apparently...
    Jesus Celtic aren't that rich...

omg I'm dreading going to bed, dreading 7 long hours of work tomorrow. At times like these supporting Celtic doesn't feel worth it but it's not as if we have a choice now.

This away run reminds me of the run a couple of years ago when they couldn't keep a clean sheet away from home. Jesus it went on for about a year. They kept bottling it in the last 10 minutes of games. Once the clean sheet game it changed though.

Another Shrewd move by Murrays PR department!

In all honesty, i actually though Caldwell played pretty well tonight, he seemed to have a hunger about him that McManus and Loovens lacked behind him.

McManus IMO was more at fault for the first goals than Caldwell was at the second, i would blame Loovens fully for that one.

Anyway, its game on in the league now, no more of your poncy outside attractions.
    A Rangers victory on the 27th December should set things up for a spectacular few months in the SPL.
    If Celtic win then it could be quite a boring one...

A look back at Celtic's run when they couldn't keep a clean sheet away from home. And then when they did get one...

Dundee Utd 1-4 Celtic 14-10-2006
    Kilmarnock 1-2 Celtic 29-10-2006
    Benfica 3-0 Celtic 01-11-2006
    St Mirren 1-3 Celtic 12-11-2006
    Hibernian 2-2 Celtic 26-11-2006
    FC Copenhagen 3-1 Celtic 06-12-2006
    Dunfermline 1-2 Celtic 10-12-2006
    Rangers 1-1 Celtic 17-12-2006
    Motherwell 1-1 Celtic 30-12-2006
    Hearts 1-2 Celtic 14-01-2007
    Inverness CT 1-2 Celtic 28-01-2007
    Livingston 1-4 Celtic 04-02-2007
    Aberdeen 1-2 Celtic 17-02-2007
    Inverness CT 1-2 Celtic 25-02-2007
    Milan 1-0 Celtic 07-03-2007
    Falkirk 1-0 Celtic 18-03-2007
    Dundee Utd 1-1 Celtic 31-03-2007
    St Johnstone 1-2 Celtic 14-04-2007
    Kilmarnock 1-2 Celtic 22-04-2007
    Rangers 2-0 Celtic 05-05-2007
    Hibernian 2-1 Celtic 20-05-2007
    Falkirk 1-4 Celtic 11-08-2007
    Spartak M. 1-1 Celtic 15-08-2007
    Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic 19-08-2007
    St Mirren 1-5 Celtic 02-09-2007
    Shakhtar 2-0 Celtic 18-09-2007
    Hibernian 3-2 Celtic 23-09-2007
    Dundee 1-2 Celtic 26-09-2007
    Gretna 1-2 Celtic 07-10-2007
    Rangers 3-0 Celtic 20-10-2007
    Benfica 1-0 Celtic 24-10-2007
    1-2 Celtic 03-11-2007
    Hearts 1-1 Celtic 01-12-2007
    Milan 1-0 Celtic 04-12-2007
    Inverness CT 3-2 Celtic 16-12-2007
    Dundee Utd 0-2 Celtic 26-12-2007
    Falkirk 0-1 Celtic 27-01-2008
    Kilmarnock 1-5 Celtic 02-02-2008
    Aberdeen 1-5 Celtic 10-02-2008
    St Mirren 0-1 Celtic 24-02-2008
    Hibernian 0-2 Celtic 01-03-2008

That's why a win tonight was so important.

I dont get it?

Are you saying that if Celtic won tonight then it would have been a big mental breakthrough and then Celtic would have went on to win away fairly often?

I guess you have a fair point if that is the case. But its strange, if it had been under the same manager i would agree, but its went on far too long now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement